Chapter 11

Hesitation

So, how are you baby?" Sehun asked jokingly and threw his arm around Tao's shoulder but the other pushed him roughly. "Ew! I'm your friend and I'm a guy!" They kept talking and teasing like they didn't see each other in a week. At the same time, they didn't notice Luhan was still not far and was watching them. He just turned around and walked to the restroom. 

(Luhan)

I got out of the restroom and instead of going back to Sehun, I walked towards the cafeteria. I didn't want to disturb them. On my way, I heard soft music playing. Where would it come from? Of course, the dance studio. I didn't mean to but I found myself walking inside. I saw Jongin dancing and he was too distracted to notice my presence. I sat on the side and watched him. He's so good. I mean, great. He looked handsome when he's dancing, even when he's not. After the song ended, Jongin laid down on the floor and closed his eyes, panting really hard.

(Third person)

Jongin's eyes widen when he saw Luhan sitted beside him, staring. He sat up, "Luhan." They stared at each other for awhile. Luhan gathered all his courage to speak, "I'm sorry, Kai."
"I think I'm the one who needs to apologize."
There was silence after. It was kinda awkward, no one dared to speak. Suddenly, Luhan started laughing. Jongin found it weird but soon he laughed along without reason. After they recovered from laughing, Luhan sat beside Jongin and nudged him lightly, "You know, you should not dance, yet. You're not completely healed." 
Jongin just shrugged his shoulders and their small talk continued. They talked and laughed, forgetting their little misunderstanding. They both knew that the two of them understood each other because they're best friends. They couldn't stay mad at each other. 
Luhan's phone suddenly rang. It was Sehun calling.
"You should go, now. I'll see you later." Jongin said. Luhan stood up and waved goodbye. Luhan answered the call the moment he stepped out of the studio.
"Hello?"
"Where are you?"
"I went to the restroom then the cafeteria but I couldn't find you."
"Okay. Let's just meet at the park."

"Sit beside me," Sehun said as Luhan reached him. "I couldn't find you at the cafeteria."
"Sorry. Tao and I talked for quite some time." Luhan just nodded. The atmosphere became awkward so Sehun cracked a joke that caused Luhan to hit his arm.
"Ouch! What was that for?"
"You're so lame!"
"Lame my . You almost fainted out of laughing."
They continued joking and laughing but something made them stop their conversation. There was a tumbling sound then a loud thud was heard. The roamed the area and found a body not quite far from them. They were shocked, they couldn't move. There were a few concerned people who gathered around the poor guy. When Luhan gathered his strength, he ran, pushing himself through the crowd. There, he saw Jongin, lying unconsciously on the pavement. Luhan fell on the ground and cupped Jongin's face. He patted his cheek lightly. Luhan's eyes filled with tears.
"Luhan," Sehun called and Luhan looked at him.
"He's not waking up."
Yixing suddenly appeared. He crouched down beside Luhan then looked up to Sehun, "Help me carry him."
Sehun couldn't move for awhile. "Please."
And with that, they took Jongin to the clinic.

"He needs to be delivered to the hospital immediately," the nurse said after he examined Kai. Luhan got more worried and frightened. Jongin was taken to the hospital, along with Luhan, Sehun, and Yixing. He was immediately brought to the emergency room. All they could do was sit and wait. They didn't know Jongin's condition was this serious. Sehun tried calming Luhan down but he couldn't. Even if the three of them felt different, they all prayed for one thing.

 

a/n: short update. i really dont know where this story is going but ill continue it anyway hehe dont mind typos