Chapter 13

Hesitation

"Yah! Jongin! Jongin?!" Yixing slapped his cheeks.

 

"Stop it. I'm trying to sleep," Jongin groaned in annoyance as Yixing could only sigh.

 

I need to endure this pain. Jongin mentally told himself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Classes ended and Jongin was quick to get out of the room. He was walking through his neighborhood when two arms warmly wrapped around his waist. He looked slightly down to his right and saw Luhan.

 

"Hannie."

 

Luhan was a little surprised but then smiled, "it's been a while since I heard that nickname, Jonginnie."

 

"Are you going home?" Jongin chuckled and asked.

 

"Yep. With you," Luhan casually said which made Jongin furrow his brows.

 

"With me? What?"

 

"Let me stay with you, please. I'm worried and I... missed you."

 

Jongin chuckled at his cuteness and pulled him closer as they continued to walk to his house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Where's Luhan?" Sehun asked Baekhyun. Apparently, the latter, along with Chanyeol and Luhan, were together in the last period.

 

"He quickly left. He mentioned that he needs to do something."

 

Sehun just nodded and bid goodbye. He didn't even bother texting me. Sehun thought and just then, an idea struck his mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What do you want to eat, Jonginnie?" 

 

Luhan scanned the cabinets and the pantry as Jongin followed and stood beside him. 

 

"What do YOU like?" Jongin returned the question. Luhan put up a finger on his chin to concentrate on thinking. 

 

"I only crave ramen. Should we cook together?" Luhan excitedly said.

 

Jongin ruffled his hair and agreed.

 

 

"Should I add more water?" Luhan queried. Jongin walked up to the stove and had a taste.

 

"Wow! It's perfect, Chef Lu!"

 

Luhan giggled in joy, "let's eat then!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun walked and walked, getting nearer and nearer to his destination. Once he stood in front of the door, he raised his hand and rang the doorbell.

 

Nobody answered.

 

He rang it twice more.

 

Still got nothing.

 

"Where is he?" He quietly muttered to himself. 

 

Sehun fished out his phone and dialed Luhan's number but it was unreachable. 

 

He's not with Baekhyun or Chanyeol. He's probably not with Jongdae.

 

Could he be with-- No. No!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Your turn!" Luhan brightly exclaimed after he moved a chess piece.

 

Jongin smirked and took his turn, "Checkmate!"

 

"What?! Uggh?!" Luhan laid down on Jongin's bed in irritation, "I quit."

 

Jongin laughed, "You just lost."

 

Luhan clicked his tongue and sighed. Jongin glanced at his watch. It was getting pretty late.

 

"You should go home, Luhan."

 

Instead, Luhan closed his eyes.

 

"Ya. Your boyfriend might be looking for you. Sleep over next time."

 

Luhan finally sighed and stood up, flicking Jongin's forehead as goodbye.

 

"That hurt!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Sehun)

"Sehun!"

 

I stood up and saw Luhan running towards me. Once he got in front of me, I forced a smile.

 

"How long have you been here? What are you doing here at this hour? It's late," he asked.

 

"I was looking for you, obviously. But you weren't here so I guess you were somewhere else," I said which sounded more like a question.

 

"I'm sorry. I visited..." he hesitated for a while.

 

"... I visited Jongin. I forgot to text you. My battery died. Sorry."

 

I held his shoulders and smiled at him, "it's okay, Luhan."

 

I didn't know why it got awkward all of a sudden.

 

"I-I gotta go. I'll see you," I casually kissed his cheek and left.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Can you meet me at the dance studio? I really need help about something," Jongin asked Luhan as they were eating lunch.

 

"Sure."

 

The school bell suddenly rang. Jongin ruffled Luhan's hair before they stood up and went separate ways.

 

(Luhan)

 

From: Jonginnie [Sent 3.24pm]

Yah! Where are you? You're super late. You owe me a drink. Bring me a sandwich too, okay? ;)

 

I chuckled at Jongin's message. I passed by the cafeterie to buy snacks then immediately went my way to the studio. As I was walking through the hall, I heard sounds coming from the music room. I furrowed my eyebrows. That's unusual. It's already past dismissal time. As I reached the room, I stopped and peeked through the gap. I gasped in shock and covered my mouth quickly.

 

Tao's head was against Sehun's chest. Sehun's arms wrapped tightly around Tao. I unconsciously expected and braced myself with what happened next.

 

Sehun cupped Tao's face.

 

He slowly leaned down.

 

And kissed Tao's forehead.

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________