Chapter 43 - Gone

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a bright day on December. The snow still fell, but the sky looked clear and bright. Perfect day for a rainbow show.

Two days had passed since the last time Jongin and Taemin talked about the rainbow, and now here they were, busily arranged things on the Seoul Sky Hospital's garden since 9 AM.

After got approval from the hospital, they finally making their homemade rainbow. Taemin had an early exam that day, so he had finished it on 8.30. He didn't have any exam after and decided to go and help Jongin with the rainbow.

"I hope the rainbow will be bigger than the one we make at home." Jongin said while putting the big white canvas.

"I hope." Taemin nodded as he busied himself with the CD.

"Seems like universe had allowed us to do this thing today. Look, the sun is even shining! I would mistaken it as a spring if only the snow didn't exist."

They took care of their belongings and finally stood up proudly.

"I think it's not bad, eh?"

"It's pretty, hyung."

The two of them were now standing infront of a white canvas with big rainbow on it.

Beautiful.

"I'll go get Myungsoo." Jongin said.

Taemin nodded.

Jongin immediately left and headed to Myungsoo's hospital room. He knocked on the door lightly.

"Myungsoo-ah~"

After that, Jongin pushed the door open and entered the room. He widened his eyes when he saw Sunggyu was standing beside Myungsoo's bed, staring at him.

"A-ah... G-good morning, S-sunggyu-ssi." Jongin stuttered as he bowed his body.

Sunggyu was also panicking. He nodded his head awkwardly.

Myungsoo grinned widely, looking so happy to meet Jongin.

"Uhm... I..." Jongin was pacing around awkwardly in the room, searching for the right words to kidnap Myungsoo from his older brother.

Sunggyu continued to awkwardly standing, ended up massaging Myungsoo's left hand in nervousness.

Jongin was kinda afraid of Sunggyu. That time when Jongin visited Myungsoo and ruin the boy's sleep pattern, Sunggyu was so angry and scary.

Myungsoo noticed the tense between those two. He turned his head toward his brother and gave a puppy look before turning his head toward Jongin. He smiled and nodded his head.

Sunggyu raised his head and smiled awkwardly at Jongin. "C-can you look after Myungsoo for a while? I... I will go down for a coffee."

"E-eh?" Jongin immediately panicked when Sunggyu started to walk away. "S-sunggyu-, S-sunggyu-ssi!"

Sunggyu stopped and turned around. "Yes?"

"A-ah... C-can I... Bring Myungsoo... To the garden for a- a while?" Jongin stuttered when he met Sunggyu's penetrating gaze.

"For what?" Sunggyu asked in confusion.

"A-ah... Urm..." Jongin felt himself became so much smaller infront of Sunggyu. "I... I want t-to show him something..."

"Uh? Show him what?" Sunggyu couldn't help but ask again. Bringing his brother out of the room was quite dangerous.

Myungsoo's paralyzed.

"S-something..." Jongin's voice went smaller and smaller.

"But, Jongin-ssi..." Sunggyu sighed. "My brother... It will be hard..."

"I-, I will take care of him w-well." Jongin tried to make Sunggyu believe him. "C-can I?"

Sunggyu glanced at Myungsoo who was also giving him the best puppy eyes before sighed. "Well. I'm coming with you."

Jongin blinked and immediately let out a grin. "T-thank you!"

Jongin then headed out to call for a nurse, asking for a wheel-chair while Sunggyu prepared his brother.

"Are you strong enough?" Sunggyu asked his brother gently.

Myungsoo nodded his head and smiled.

Lie.

Myungsoo was actually having a hard time breathing. His breath was come out short and it killed him. But Jongin wanted to show him something, and that's why he held it.

When the wheel-chair appeared, Sunggyu immediately lifted his brother's body and laid him on the wheel-chair.

"Let's go." Sunggyu nodded at Jongin.

The three then came out from the room and headed to the garden. As they walked, Jongin stole a glance at Myungsoo's pale complexion.

"Myungsoo-ah, are you feeling alright?" Jongin asked, feeling worried.

Sunggyu immediately took a look at his younger brother and they stopped in the middle of the alley.

Myungsoo turned toward him and smiled. He nodded his head wordlessly and gave a sign to continue their walk.

"Tell me if you feel pain, okay?" Sunggyu asked softly.

Myungsoo nodded again.

"Our Myungsoo is strong. Fighting!" Jongin gave a hwaiting sign and waited for Myungsoo to reply but...

"Myungsoo..." Sunggyu sighed and turned toward Jongin. "This morning he can't move his right hand as well."

"Eh?" Jongin raised his head in confusion. "Right hand?"

"He couldn't move both of his right and left hands." Sunggyu explained.

"R-really?" Jongin was in shock. He just knew that Myungsoo couldn't talk. He hadn't known that the other was also... Fully paralyzed. "B-both of his hands?"

"He didn't tell you, did he?" Sunggyu stared at his little brother who smiled weakly in reply.

"Myungsoo..." Jongin replied while clutching onto his coat.

Myungsoo shook his head and mouthed a 'I'm okay' word to soothe Jongin's heart.

Jongin turned to see Sunggyu's miserable expression. The other looked tired, extremely tired with panda eyebags underneath his eyes. Sunggyu was definitely stressing out.

Jongin gulped forcefully as they approaching the garden.

There, Taemin was standing in a smiley face.

Myungsoo and Sunggyu looked surprised. Maybe that's because it was their first time to see Taemin, and knowing that Jongin turned out to be a twins.

"Myungsoo-ah..." Jongin said while looking at Taemin. "You said you want to see a rainbow, aren't you?"

Myungsoo just stared at Taemin dumbfoundedly.

"I can't bring you the real rainbow, so I will show you the one that I make."

Myungsoo's eyebrows twitched in confusion.

A handmade rainbow?

Taemin hastily pulled over the cover and revealed a CD underneath it. The CD then reflected the sun-light and bounced the light onto the white canvas, shaping a beautiful rainbow on it.

Myungsoo stared at it in amazement, loss at words.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter