Chapter 11 - Secret.

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin felt the meal that he ate couldn't go straight to his throat. He awkwardly chewed on his meat while looking down at his rice.

Mrs. Kim looked uncomfortable as well. She didn't utter any words at all. It was an uncomfortable silence between the two of them who were sitting by themselves on the same dining table.

"Where's Taemin?" Jongin asked without looking at his mom.

"He's out with his friends." Mrs. Kim answered.

"O-oh." Jongin nodded and shoved more rice to his mouth. Darn it was so awkward. Jongin also didn't know when it was all started. It just, he had been distancing himself from his family for a few years already. That's why Jongin felt all awkward when the two of them had to sat together for dinner like what they did. Only the two of them.

Taemin went out with his friends while his dad was still in the office. Jongin gulped down his water and went back to eating. This is what he hates the most. He usually will eat while letting Taemin do all the talking. That chatterbox usually will save the mood in the dining table.

Jongin then silently prayed that the dinner time would end up faster. He just couldn't stand it.

When he's with Chanyeol, he suddenly become a happy go lucky boy. He also doesn't get why he's always awkward around his family members. After finished with all of his food, Jongin then helped his mom to clean up the messy table. Usually it's Taemin who helps her. But since the pretty boy was out, Jongin was the one who helped his mom.

"H-how's uncle?" Jongin asked when he felt his throat dried up in nervousness.

"He's alright, the doctor is working on his desease now. He is forbidden to do something heavy, and can't eat too much fatty food anymore."

Jongin blinked.It had been more than a week since his uncle was sent to the hospital due to a sudden heart-attack he had. Unlike Taemin, Jongin wasn't close to his uncle. Whenever his uncle came to visit, Jongin would hid himself inside his room while Taemin ran down the stairs to chat with him.

After finished with his job, he climbed up and entered his room. He let out a sigh.

It's his mom! And look at how awkward he was!

Jongin knew it so well, that his mom and dad's expression always turn harder when they faces him. When they faces Taemin, their face turn happy and bright.

Taemin is such a lucky boy, isn't he?

Jongin sighed again as he grabbed his phone away from the desk. He flipped it open to found 3 unread messages.

"This one must be come from Chanyeol." Jongin mumbled as he opened one of the message.

Right? It's Chanyeol.

'Kkamjongie~ your cheesecake is heaven! I've almost finished half pan of it! If I gain weight, you should accompany me to the gym! Remember that!'

Jongin let out a big grin as he typed back the reply. Chanyeol is silly, who told him to eat that much.

The other unread message was from Kyungsoo, asking him whether he already had the hard copy of their team's upcoming presentation in the class.

While the other one...

Was from Sehun.

'Jongin-ah'

Jongin furrowed his eyebrows but his lips started to let out a grin. He typed back 'yes?' and sent it to Sehun. Just needed a few minutes until he got a reply from the other boy.

'What are you doing?'

Jongin and Sehun then started to chat each other. Their questions were simply around what's for dinner, what's going on tomorrow, when are you going to sleep...

'I saw you with a guy today.'

Jongin blinked when he read the message.

'You saw me? Where?'  [Jongin]

'Somewhere. Was that your friend? I thought you'd go out with the wide-eyed boy.' [Sehun]

Jongin stopped for a while, thinking who might be the wide-eyed boy before realized that his boyfriend was referring to Kyungsoo.

'No, I went out with my childhood friend.'

'Oh...'

Jongin furrowed his eyebrows when he received the last message. Just that? What a short message!

'He looked nice.'

Jongin hadn't even got the time to typed a reply when Sehun sent him one more message. His lips curled into a smile.

Was his boyfriend being jealous?

'He is.' Jongin typed back.

 

 

 

***

 

 

Sehun stabbed his fork on the blackforest that he was eating when he received such a simple answer from Jongin. He was dying to know their relationship but yet Jongin didn't explain it at all.

Sehun's curious. When had they started to be friends? How's the tall boy's character? Are they really just friends or were they once a lover before?

Sehun sighed as he threw his phone on the bed. The image of Jongin and the tall boy flooded his mind, mixed together with the image of Taemin and another tall boy.

tall men.

But Sehun himself is tall.

No, no.

Just those two.

Sehun threw his body on the bed. He sighed loudly and banged his head on the soft fluffy pillow.

He wouldn't get a peaceful sleep tonight.

 

 

 

***

 

 

Days passed and Sehun slightly noticed a difference in Jongin. The blonde boy laughed more often. He still didn't talk much but he seemed to enjoy Sehun's presence so much.

And Sehun couldn't bring himself to break up with Jongin.

He tried to, couple of times. But then Jongin would stare at him with an innocent look, and Sehun wasn't that heartless to broke that look.

Ah, one more thing that Sehun noticed was...

Jongin didn't seem to close with Taemin. Sehun had never seen the two of them talk, nor just going home together. It's obvious that Taemin had more agenda to attend than Jongin, but... It just felt weird.

Like what happened just now. Sehun clearly noticed that Jongin averted his eyes away when they ran into Taemin. Taemin on the other hand just gave them a big and bright grin.

Sehun stared at Jongin for a while before cleared his throat nervously. "I think... You guys aren't that close. You... And your twin."

Jongin raised his head from the ground in a sharp motion and turned his attention to Sehun. "W-what?"

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. He clearly saw uncomfortable look from Jongin. What's wrong?

"No." Sehun finally shook his head. He walked again with curiosity lingered on his heart.

When it comes about Taemin, Sehun will always gets curious.

"Jongin-ah." Sehun called as he unconciously rubbed his two hands together.

"Yes?"

"Do you know that Taemin is now close to someone?" Sehun asked. He couldn't just kept the question

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter