20-Remembering the Past

Math Saved My Love Life!

 

Kyuhyun POV


 

My eyes slowly opened and I was surprised. Was Sora in front of me? Is that really Sora? Kang Sora? My Sora?

Almost immediately, I got up and walked over to Sora and hugged her from behind. “Oh God, Sora.” I muttered, “Do you know how much I’ve missed you?”

There was a silence, but it felt almost perfect. I smelled her, but it was different. Almost like a citrus scent.

“…Sora?”

My eyes snapped open and I suddenly let go. Reality slapped me in the face when I saw Alex turn around in her seat, her eyes giving me a perplexed gaze. What have you done Kyuhyun?

“O-oh hi Alex!” I awkwardly smiled, “W-what’s up?”

She continued to stare at me as if I was some estranged animal, “Who’s…Sora?”

“Sora? Sora? Well, heheh.” I awkwardly laughed, scratching the back of my head.

“…Well?” she stared at me.

Okay Kyuhyun! Think of something! Come on! Come on! Think!

“I AM A FANBOY OF SORA FROM KINGDOM HEARTS.”

Sora’s a girl, right?

Alex stares at me for a minute or two, and boy, were those stares awkward. I tried to smile, but it was difficult to do so since she was just staring at me.

“So…You have fanboy-ish dreams of a male, fictional character.”

Curse my life.

“Alex, I-I can—”

“It’s okay, it’s fine. I have dreams about SNSD’s Taeyeon, so I totally understand.”

I stared at her before scratching the back of my neck. “Heh…Well…”

Alex smiled at me, “It’s getting late. You can stay here if you don’t want to drive. I have extra blankets, if you don’t mind sleeping on the couch.”

I looked at the time, holy—2AM? Oh no, I should head home!

“Sorry.” I muttered, grabbing my jacket. “I have to go.”

“O-oh…” she nodded.

I grabbed my backpack and started my way to the door. Turning around once more, I waved at Alex before leaving and rushing to the elevator.

I closed my eyes and thought for a moment.

Stupid Kyuhyun, you’re such an idiot.

I stepped into the elevator and took in a deep breath, smelling a citrus sent almost immediately.

Wait, OH GAWD.

Why am I so out of it? Is it because I’m tired? URGH! So much for trying to get this jacket from Alex in a fun manner! But nope! I just had to take it without thinking. Great Kyuhyun, just great. Not to mention, you thought of Sora again.

-Cho Kyuhyun, how many times have I told you? You and Sora are over. It’s time to move on.

You know what’s stupid? It’s that I’ve told myself that a million times and yet I still don’t even listen to my own advice. Kyuhyun, why can’t you do it? You know she’s never coming back, so why even try?

She left you.

She doesn’t want you.

She’s living a better life than you.

Get over her.

You were stupid enough to even fall for her—give up your dreams for her at most.

I groaned in annoyance as memories of Sora came to mind again. Not again, not again.

Because of her I gave up singing.

Stupid isn’t it?

I’m blaming someone who isn’t in my life anymore for a stupid decision that I made. Something that I was dumb enough to do. I’m an idiot, to put it simply. A huge idiot.

Your family didn’t want you to do it. So why even try?

I was idiot to even dream in the first place.

I placed my hands in my pockets and strangely felt a crumpled piece of paper. I took it out and read it:

noteo.jpg

I stared at the note and laughed.

 

Only Alex.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember to comment! And do well on your exams! :D