18-Be Informal To Me

Math Saved My Love Life!

 

Kyuhyun POV

 

Where’s my keys? Where are my keys, WHERE THE HELL ARE MY KEYS?

I quickly looked through my pant pockets, then to my backpack. I gave Sungmin a desperate look, he just shrugged. I groaned, I mean, seriously? I NEED TO GO HOME!

“I gotta go.” I told him, putting my backpack over my shoulder and ran out of the café.

Okay, where the hell are my keys? I remember—oh dear god, I put it in my jacket. I PUT IT IN MY JACKET AND GAVE IT TO ALEX! God, why do I have to be a gentleman towards girls? Why did you make me so nice and sweet towards girls? Why God, why? I could’ve been a simple player and jerk, but nope! You gave me Mr. Siwon (freaking) Choi who taught me how to be a gentleman! Sure, it helped me win some ladies, but still! It’d be nice to just be mean one day!

No, no, I gotta go to the library!

Okay, so I’m running…Running….Running….And no, she’s not at the library.

Where is she? Urgh! Great, just great, Kyuhyun! Great! You’re such an idiot!

Wait, that’s right! Call her! She has a phone! She uses her phone! Quickly, I took out my phone and started to call her. However, for some damned reason, she didn’t pick up. Why?! Wait, that’s right! She’s probably still in class!

Oh shoot, now what? How do I contact her? Ah, that’s right! Café!

I started on my way to the café. Okay, so if she isn’t there, then there’s that Henry guy whom I can ask about.  I started to run but then stopped when I saw Alex sitting on the bench—wearing my jacket.

Thank God!

I ran up towards her, “Alex!”

She looked up with a confused face. “Ah, sunbae.”

“I thought you were in class!” I sighed in pure relief as I sat down next to her.

“Ah, no, it ended a little while ago.” She said, playing with my ipod.

My brow raised, “What’re you listening to?”

She gave me a small smile, “Some idiot left this in his jacket and put his jacket on me.” Thanks Alex, “Chyeah, real idiot, right?” she chuckled, “He’s not getting this back—well, until I find out who’s the genius with this voice.”

“Genius?”

She took out my earphones and handed it to me. I put it in and was shocked. This was my voice, back in the day when I was still dreaming of being a singer.

“His voice is just love.” Alex chucked, “I swear, if any of the guys I knew had the same kind of voice this person has, he’d get all the girls.”

I smiled, resting my body against the bench, “Really now?”

“Well, just his voice.” A smile came across her face as she stared at my ipod, “Isn’t he lovely~?” she quietly sang, “Isn’t he wonderful~ Boy I’m so lucky~” Alex looked at me.

I couldn’t help but chuckle as I patted her head, “I get it, I get it. His voice is good.”

She suddenly snapped her fingers, turning around at me “Ah, that reminds me. Sunbae, how are your dance practices?”

I stared at her for a moment, blinking a bit.“Eh, it’s okay…I guess…” I shrugged, “Eunhyuk bugs me at times though.”

Yeah, that sounds about right. Eunhyuk sure does love bugging the hell out of me. “You’re not doing it right!” “You’re going to fast!” “You’re off step!” “Why do you have to look awkward in everything?” MAN! And I thought my sister was bossy! But no, Eunhyuk is waay worse!

“Eunhyuk bugs all of us.” She chuckled.

I smiled, at her. Heh, so I’m not the only one! We sat there in silence for a little while before I clapped my hands, gathering her attention, and looked at her.“No, hear this, he thinks I’m into you.”

Her jaw dropped, “Uwa? Seriously?”

“I’m drop dead serious.” I laughed, “Can you believe it? You and me? We’re accomplices in love, not partners.”

That’s right. Alex and I are trying to give each other a life, so why would we fall for each other? It’d be totally and completely useless for both of us to fall in love because well… For one, I don’t love her in that sense, and two, I like Chae. So why would he even say that?

“Oh gosh, what was he thinking?” Alex suddenly shivered, “Even the sound of it scares me. You belong to Chae, not me.”

I laughed, “Only you would say that.”

But of course, I agree.

“Because I approve of Kyuhae.”

My brow lifted, “Oh really?”

“Yes, really.” She smiled, “You two look amazing together.” She soon looked at her watch, “Urgh, work.”

“What’s wrong with work?” my brow rose, I mean…From what I’ve seen, she seems to really enjoy work. It was like the only thing that took her away from her hardcore study sessions. Can’t blame me for thinking that, right? I mean, her friend, Hamster is always there for her, telling her those horrifying jokes that always involved someone dying.

“What’s wrong with it?” Alex sighed, snapping me back into reality. “I just feel tired today, heck, I don’t even wanna walk.”

I smiled, gentleman mode on. “Want me to carry you all the way there?”

Alex looked at me and tried to hide a laugh, “Really, now? Twice in a row, my—my Kyuhyun, are you trying to use me as your exercise tool?”

My brow rose, “You’re almost weightless. Anyways, let’s go.” I said, suddenly picking her up.

“UWA!” she yelled, holding onto my neck, “You could’ve just warned me!” she yelped, trying to get down, but she was scared of falling at the same time.

I gave her a smug look, “Now where would be the fun in that?”

“Arrghh,” she pouted. “I would love to be carried, but I have a bunch of things to carry.”

I looked at the bench and pouted, putting her down. “D’aww, how on earth am I supposed to gain abs when you want to walk?”

She chuckled, “Wait until you date Chae, then you can have all the exercise you want.” She winked, “Possibly more.”

Oh god, she didn’t mean—“Alex!”

She stuck out her tongue before grabbing her things. “Do you have anywhere else to go?”

“Nope, I was actually planning to go to the café.”

“Alrighty then.” She sighed, placing the strap of a shoulder bag around her, a backpack, and a canvas that was half the size of her.

“Um…How about I carry some of those things…?” I asked. She looked at me with a confused face. I fixed her green scarf before grabbing her canvas and shoulder bag. “A man should help a girl, right? At least, that’s what my sister tells me.”

 “Thanks, Sunbae.” She let out a relieved sigh.

 “No problem.”

We both started to walk towards the café. I looked over at Alex a few times, trying to devise a way of trying to take my keys from the jacket—and not to mention get my ipod back. Or, I could tell her that the jacket was mine, and everything could be simple.

. . .

 Naah, devising a way on how to take the keys from her sounds like more fun. Yep, defiantly more fun.

I coughed, trying to get her attention. She looked at me, I smiled. “Hey Alex, how long have we known each other?”

“Three months.”

“Can you speak informally with me yet?”                                                         

“I refuse.”

My eyes widened, “What?”

She turned towards me, “Because, it’s really awkward for us to…You know…I feel awkward to talk to someone informally.”

“Oh come on, just try.”

“I can’t.”

“Alex~”

“Sunbae, I really can’t.”

“I’m going to run off with your things if you don’t.”

She stopped, turning to look at me, “You’re kidding me, right?”

“I’m dead serious.” I took a few steps back. “Try me.”

Alex stared at me before making a sigh in pure defeat. “CHO KYUHYUN, GIVE ME BACK MY STUFF OR ELSE I’M GOING TO MURDER YOU.”

…Well, that worked.

I smirked, walking over to hug her, “Now, that was easy, wasn’t it?”

“No, no it wasn’t sun—”

“AH!” I stopped her, “What’s my name?”

“Really?” she groaned, “It was very hard, Kyuhyun.”

“Now, what was hard, Al?”

“You’re such a brat.”

My jaw dropped, but then I realized that she was just joking. “Alex! Why are you so disrespectful? Taking to someone older like that!”

“Because it’s fun being the disrespectful one.” She grinned.

“Because you’re naughty, naughty.”

“Hey! I’m mister simple!” she winked before running out of my grasps.

I let out a sigh, but then smiled.

I’m starting to like this friendship even more.