ii. Seoul, South Korea

Just The Other One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 2 - Seoul, South Korea (Lay)

 

I landed in Seoul at exactly 12 noon. The weather was great; it was neither hot nor cold. It was still the same Seoul I visited 4 years ago, nothing much has changed.

 

"Welcome to Seoul, South Korea,” I was welcomed by a young Korean stewardess as I got out of my father’s private jet, Well my father insisted that I use it so who am I to say no it’s a private jet! I smiled to the stewardess and she blushed hard. Oh please.

 

I’m not just here for vacation, actually I’m here for a business deal for my father’s company. I was lounging in bed yesterday afternoon in my hotel room in Beijing when my father called. I sat bolt upright when I received his call. He called to say that I needed to deal with a business partnership in Seoul. I'll be photographing some models of the Femava. He needs their designs featured in his magazine. He also bought me a condominium in Myeong-dong. Oh the perks of being his son huh?

 

I am actually willing to help him even without any bribe. I like to show him that I really am suitable for the company more than my brother does. Though I know that he trusts me more, I still need to prove myself to him.

 

I saw my friend—Luhan, at the parking lot, waving at me as I approached him. He was working for my dad as a journalist and we have to work together for my dad. He knows all the places in Seoul by heart coz he used to be a foreign exchange student. He got here 1 week earlier prior to my dad's demands. I think he was visiting someone here, a girl maybe?

 

"Long time no see?" He said in Korean as he punched my arms lightly and helped me put my luggage inside the car. "I haven't seen you in a while," I replied back in Korean. I've been studying the language for years and I can say that I'm quite fluent now.

 

“Did you bring your tuxedo?” Luhan asked; his eyes fixed on the road as he was the one driving. “For what?” I asked confused. I’m in no way going to a formal party. I hate formal parties. “We are going to meet with Mrs. Park Ji Min man are you not informed?” He chuckled.

 

Luhan dropped me off to my condo and said that he was going to buy me a tuxedo for the party this evening. Oh he better find the right fit.

 

I slumped down into the white sofa waiting for my luggage to be brought up. The condo has two bedrooms; one is an en suite. The whole condo is covered with black and white monochromatic wallpaper just how I like it. And it’s furnished with modern furnitures that I really like. It also has a small library that I’ll prolly be staying at whenever there is no work to be done.

 

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

 

 

 

Later that evening.

 

"There she is," Luhan puckered his lips to point at an elegant woman who looked like she's in her 30's though I'm guessing she's in her 40's. Well she's rich. She can do whatever she wants to stay looking young. I'm not judging by the way. I think it's a common fact for an affluent woman. And oh I’m not generalizing.

 

She was holding a glass of white wine as she talked the night away with the other upper-class busine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter