Pancakes

That Girl (An EXO fanfic)

Kaori's P.O.V.:

I woke up to the conjoined scents of vanilla and chocolate. I looked to my left where vanilla was coming from and found Luhan and the chocolate smell is from Kyungsoo. Dang. They look and smell good. And they can sing. Omo! They're cuddling me too! I thought as I felt 2 pairs of arms wrapped around my waist.

I should thank them for yesterday. I think while looking at the boys laying beside me. Man, they're deep sleepers. I then take a look at the clock. 3 a.m.?! No wonder! Hmmm.....What should I do for them? Make breakfast?

Yeah, I should do that. It's the last I could do. I should make red velvet pancakes. Yeah....With cream cheese frosting on top. Oh! I should also make some hot cocoa for them. It'd compliment the taste of the red velvet.

I slowly slide my body downwards and make my way to the edge of the bed. I grabbed a pillow and placed it where I once was so that they won't know I was gone. I  take a breath and instantly, a disgusting smell makes it's way to my nose. Ugh, I have to take a shower. But...I don't have any clothes....I'll just find something...Now, where is the bathroom and where do they keep their clothes? 

When I finally find their bathroom, I find the door next to it open. "Dressing Room" it reads. Perfect! I walk in the dressing room and look for something that doesn't look special. Just a button up or something....Yeah! A button up! And.....maybe.....A pair of shorts....

I look around and I find a lone white button up hanging from a rack and a pair of really small shorts on a bench with all the other shirts and pants that were strewn all over the place. Success! I rush into the bathroom, strip and enjoy a steam, hot shower. Without them, I wouldn't be here still.

I normally don't do this, but I should make a banner to show my gratitude too. And maybe...I should come out of my shell. Kyungsoo said that they'd never hurt me, right, so why not? They all seem like amazing people to be with so I'm going to take this shot. I think as I quickly dried my hair and glanced at the clock. 3:30 it read. 

Awesome! That's more than enough time to make breakfast and make a banner! Okay, Kaori! You can do this! Fighting! I quickly put on the clothes (Outfit is in the external link. That's not Kaori, I only chose this for the outfit. --->) and bursted out the bathroom and went straight to the kitchen. I got out some butter and cream cheese to soften and found some pancake mix and cocoa powder along with powdered and granulated sugar and red food coloring and set all that on the counter. 

I then looked around the house for some card stock, scissors, glitter glue, staples, ribbon and marker. I luckily found some black card stock, a pair of heavy duty scissors, some silver and gold glitter glue and metallic markers, black staples and two types of ribbon. Gold and silver ribbon to be exact. Wow. They still do crafts? They sure have a lot of supplies. I hope they won't mind if I use them. 

I then quickly cut the card stock into triangles and stapled them on the silver ribbon. (Video on the side ___>>>) I took the silver and gold markers and started to write "THANK YOU EXO", swapping the colors per letter. After I was done writing the letters, I added the glitter glue to outline them.

Next, I got some gold ribbon and started making little mini bows to fill in the spaces between the letters and once I felt satisfied, I stapled it into the wall the kitchen table was near. Quickly, I ran to the kitchen to make the pancakes. 

I worriedly glance at the clock. 4:00, eh? Early risers would wake up at 5 maybe....Maybe a little later. And the others would wake somewhere around 7, 8 or even 9. Awesome. Okay! Aja!(similar to "Fighting!") For EXO! I poked at the cream and the butter to check if they softened, and to my luck, they did. 

I got a clean bowl and a whisk and got to work. I grabbed the butter, cream cheese, and some milk and beat that together while gradually adding in powdered sugar. Okay! That's it for the frosting. Now to make the actual thing. 

I then cleaned the whisk and grabbed all the pancake ingredients except for the powdered sugar and whisked that all together. I then grabbed a pan and some non-stick spray and went to the stove. I turned it on, sprayed the pan and set it on the stove. I then grabbed an ice cream scoop and the bowl of batter and sped to the stove to check if the pan was ready and it was. 

I put two scoops of the batter in, but my hand slipped a little and the shape of the pancake was surprisingly a heart. Oh, well. It's still edible. But, I guess I have to make all the pancakes the same shape. I flipped the pancake and continued the process. 

20 minutes later-

Okay. I think we're good. I think as I piled the last of the 55 heart-shaped pancakes I made onto cake platters to cool. Well, I did make a big batch, so I guess it's alright. Oh! Now  to add the frosting and make it all nice! I found some zip lock and took out a bag. I then add all my frosting into the bag and bought it all into one corner.

I hurried to the dishwasher and got out 12 plates, spoons, knives, forks, and mugs. I set the table and set out to the cupboard to find some napkins and to my success, I got 12 of them and placed them under the forks, spoons and knives. I placed 3 of the lukewarm pancakes onto each plate and saved the rest for seconds if they wanted more. They are, after all, boys. I piped some of the frosting while sprinkling each of them with powdered sugar. 

There was still more of the frosting so a got a small bowl and filled it with the remaining frosting and added a small spoon to it and set it on the counter besides the extra pancakes. I then started to get more cocoa powder, a tea pot and water. I put the water in the pot and put it on the stove to boil. I scavenged trough their cabinets for mini marshmallows, if they even had those.

I looked into every nook and cranny, and found some regular marshmallows. Yanno, at least they even had marshmallows. I thought as I grabbed 26 marshmallows and gathered them into another small bowl. Whistleeeee Oh! That must be the water. I walk over to the stove and with a oven mitted hand, I grab it carefully and set it on the table. 

I went to each of the mugs, add 3 spoonfuls of cocoa in each, poured an appropriate amount of water, and stirred them. I should write a card, too.....Meh. I doubt they'd even have time to read it, but it's worth a shot. I went over to the room that I found all the art supplies in and grabbed a piece of a lavender construction paper and started to write. 

EXO,

I thank you all for letting me stay here and for treating my wounds. I also appreciate the fact that all of you were very kind to me when we first met. Also, a great thank you to the person who's clothes I'm currently wearing. They're surprisingly comfy. I'm so sorry If you're mad at me. I also made breakfast for you. I hope you eat it well.

Also, to Kyungsoo and Luhan, you guys are the best. I'm not saying that to leave out the other members, but I barely know them, so yeah. Thank you. To all of you. Whether you did something or not.

For the first time in forever, I've finally been happy. Happy I got to meet some new friends, happy that someone cared for me, happy that I've met you people. Well, you're probably tired of reading this, so I'll stop here.

~Kaori Park

I cried while writing that. I was truly happy. After I finished, I set it in the middle of the table and stepped back to admire my work. I suddenly yawned. Well, it wouldn't hurt to take a little nap, right? I thought to myself as I walked over to the couch.

I grabbed a pillow from one of the couches and curled up into a ball. Why does this shirt smell like lavender?! It smells so good. Aish, Kaori! Just sleep. My last thought was: Saranghae, EXO..... 

 

Luhan and Kyungsoo/D.O. P.O.V.:

K: Luhan hyung? L: Yeah, D.O.? Waddaya want? It's *yawn* 5:30 in the morning. K: Are we in Heaven? L: No. What makes you say that? K: Breathe in deeply. L: Omo! It smells so good! Is that chocolate I smell? K: Yeah. I think it's coming from the kitchen. Let's go. But first, let's wake the others. L: Okay. 

 

3rd person P.O.V:

When Kyungsoo and Luhan woke the rest of the boys, they sluggishly went to the kitchen to investigate the mouth watering smell. To their surprise, it looked like a sort of breakfast party. There was food(their breakfast), a banner(the one Kaori made), and everyone was here(the EXO members). The EXO members looked at Kyungsoo and Lay.

"Did you guys make this?" Kris asked. "No, I just woke up". Lay said. "What about you, D.O.?" Suho questioned. "No, I had to wake Luhan-hyung up and I woke up 5 minutes earlier than you." Kyungsoo replied. "Hey hyungs." A deep voice said. 

Sehun?! The rest of the members were surprised he talked. "Where's Kaori?" the makne asked. Kyungsoo's eyes got wider and so did Luhan's as they looked at each other. "Wait. Never mind. I found her." Sehun said. 

As soon as Sehun spoke, Kaori woke up. She was rubbing her eye cutely with one hand and holding a small pillow in the other. SO CUTEEEEE!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 All the members exclaimed in their heads. "A-annyong. I hope y-you eat the food I m-made you w-well". Kaori bowed. "You made this, dongsaeng?!" Chanyeol asked. "Y-yes, Oppa." Kaori said remembering the time he asked her to call him that from now on. 

She remembered! Chanyeol said to himself. The others felt a twinge of something go through their hearts. "Wow! Oppa's proud!!" Chanyeol exclaimed while hugging her suddenly. "T-thank you, O-oppa." Kaori said back with a light blush dusting her white cheeks. "Well, you guys? Are we just going to stand here and let this grow cold?" Baekhyun said. The members bolted to the table and started to dig in. 

"OMO!" The guys yelled in shock. "I-is it that b-bad?" Kaori said with a depressed tone. "No! No, no , no, Kaori! It's amazing!" Kai said. "Mei mei! Did you make more?" Xiumin said as he engulfed his second pancake. "Y-yes, Xiumin-ge." Kaori said as she held a platter with the remaining pancakes. "We will eat this very well, Mei mei, don't worry" Tao said as he slurped his hot cocoa. 

30 minutes later-

Suho abruptly stood up, having read the letter Kaori wrote. "Kaori!" Suho said as he walked towards her. "Y-yes, S-suho-ssi?" Kaori said. "Kamsahamnida, Kaori. Also, call me Eomma from now on, araso(okay)?" Suho said as he pulled Kaori in for a hug. 

Again, the other members felt that twinge. Sehun stood up after reading the letter too(He was sitting beside Suho). He then did the same as Suho did and gently whispered into her ear, "Kamsahamnida, Strawberry. I hope you don't mind, but you smelled like them, so I made that nickname for you. Also, I'm not mad you wore my clothes. You look nice." He pulled away to reveal the light blush that was on his pale cheeks. 

Kyungsoo read it next and this time, he read it out loud to the others. "Awh~ Mei mei/Kaori/Dongsaeng! You didn't have to!" The rest of the members said. The whole EXO came over to her and had a group hug. "W-well, if you don't m-mind, I'll head b-back home. I-I'll return t-these to you S-sehun." Kaori said.

"Um.....Mei mei? Those are Sehun's boxers...." Lay said. Jinjja?!(Really?!)....No wonder they're so small! "I-I'm terribly sorry...I didn't know..." Kaori said with a poker face and hint of embarrassment in her voice. 

"No, it's alright. I'm fine with it." Sehun said with a straight face. "Wait, Kaori! Where do you live?" Chen said in concern. "We don't want anything bad to happen to you." "W-well...You guys s-said that you live i-in SM A-academy right?" "Yup. This is our dorm in the academy. They made us a bigger room because we requested it". Kai said. Oh. So that's why it's so big. Kaori thought. 

"W-what's your r-room number, t-then?" Kaori asked curiously. "Well, EXO-M's room is this one. 87." Luhan said. "Yeah. And EXO-K's is 89." Kyungsoo informed. "W-wait. So w-who's in K a-and M?" Kaori asked. "EXO-M consists of me, the leader and lead rapper, Luhan as lead vocals and dancer, Tao as makne and main rapper, Lay as vocals and main dancer, Chen-Chen as main vocals, and Xiumin as lead vocals". Kris said with a boastful tone. 

Suho the started to speak, "I'm in EXO-K as the leader and lead vocals, Kai as vocals and main dancer, D.O. as main vocals, Chanyeol as rapper, Baekhyun as lead vocals, and Sehun as makne, vocals and lead dancer." Suho said with pride. 

"M-my room is room 88". Kaori said. All the EXO members eyes widened in realization. "YOU'RE OUR NEW DORM NEIGHBOR?!" They yelled. "Y-yes. I a-am. Is that a b-bad thing?" Kaori said with pain in her eyes. "No! Are you kidding me? We're just really happy you're super close by! We could go to our classes together!" Kyungsoo exclaimed. "Unbelievable!" Luhan happily said in English. 

You can see the look of pain fade away and one of relief and joy replaces it. "I'm h-headed out n-now. K-kamsahamnida!" Kaori bid farewell. 

____________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed reading! Please sub and or comment! Kamsamnida! Xie xie! Thank you! Saranghaeyo! Wo ai ni! I love you! <3