Chapter 4 : Red Room of Pain

Rivals in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Red Room of Pain  [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Chapter Four  [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID4]
Do you know? If you comment, you'll receive karma points! Comment now!  :3

[/CONTENTID4]

[CONTENTID3]

          Meh. It was still him. Not Jaejoong?! S**T! My subconscious had fallen to Edward Cullen Korean Version’s charms. Fate had been toying on me ever since. Very funny! Hahaha! When I was in Japan, the weather was so clear so I decided not to bring an umbrella but when I went out, it started raining and I also left my keys so I couldn’t get back in. And there were times when I was watching a basketball game on TV, my favorite team, Miami Heat would always lose but when I didn’t watch, they would always win.

 

          I told you people! Fate was not in my favor!

 

          “Oh! Jun-Junsu ~” I stammered. Aish! Of all the men, why it had to be him?

 

          “I forgot my handkerchief. I’ll just get it,” Junsu told me and left afterwards. Kim Taeyeon! You fool! I hit my head on the wood and pouted.

          I went back in our table with a heavy heart. Why fate was so mean to me? I wanted to MOVE ON! Fall in love with Jaejoong! Fall in love with Jaejoong! Fall in love with Jaejoong! My subconscious was chanting a mantra. You freaking... I was taken back when I saw Junsu and Haeyeon flirting.

          “Junsu-sshi~ I dare you to kiss Haeyeon.” Jessica dared and squealed. How about I strangle you with my arms? My subconscious was screaming so loud in my head now, getting ready for World War III. What a double-crosser. Jeez! Make up your mind, Ms. Know-It-All.  

 

          Kim Junsu or Kim Jaejoong?

 

          Both!

 

          …

 

          Tiffany nodded and winked at Haeyeon. “Ya! This is a public place,” Haeyeon said while blushing. Junsu shook his head and smiled. “Haeyeon is right. This is a public place.”

          Thank goodness! He didn’t kiss her! “Taeyeon ahh~ your meatball... what are you doing?!” Changmin noticed. I didn’t notice that I was murdering my poor meattie. Sorry, Mr. Meatball. It was not my intention to do this to you. WTH? Why was I talking to food just like Sooyoung?

          “Ahaha! I’m just playing with it.” I laughed evilly and ate it. Changmin nodded and gave me another meatball. Help! I was already full. Minnie ah!

          “Here... eat this. It seems that you really loved the taste,” he said and smiled.

          I smiled back and pinched his nose “Aah!! Taeyeon!!” he shrieked.

          Changmin ah! I would NEVER help you with Sooyoung!

          Sunny grabbed my arm and pulled me from Changmin. “Taengoo, I saw Junsu looking at you and chuckled. He’s definitely checking you out...” she whispered. Definitely checking how stupid you are! My subconscious sneered at me. I hit Sunny’s forehead and told her to shut up. “Aish! Jinja!” I said and sniffed.

 

          “Taeyeon ah~ please remember that you’re...”

 

          “…a daughter of a multi-billionaire businessman,” Sunny and Yoona lazily recited in a robotic manner. They were cocking their head side to side and it was actually cute. Hyoyeon scorned and threatened to slit their throat using her fork.

          Ahh~ Hyoyeon~ I wanted to hug her tight. She would always remind me how insanely rich I was. Sometimes, I wouldn’t believe it too. I was like Princess Yesha from Meteor Garden II. You know… the third wheel between Dao Ming Si and San Cai.

 

*coughs*

 

Other Woman.

 

*coughs*

 

          We were both rebellious and we wanted to be free. After graduating from college, I would be traveling around the world, be an advocate of World Peace, and feed the hungry people in third-world countries…

 

 I know right?! I was so noble and selfless…

 

…and so full of herself.

 

Hey! I wasn’t boasting! YA!!!!!

 

          “Araso~” I replied shyly. I glanced at the other table and saw Junsu kissing Haeyeon’s cheek. I stood up and went out of the restaurant as fast as I could.

 

 

            “Ms. Taeyeon, dinner is served,” my youngest maid, Sunmi said before closing the door of my room. I sighed. I didn’t want to see Haeyeon and Junsu again but I couldn’t say no to food. God would be mad if I wasted deliciously cooked food. So after contemplating for a long time, I decided to drag myself to the dining room—zombie style.

            Our dining room was elegant, I think? Crystal chandelier hanged on the ceiling, a massive painting of ‘The Last Supper’ on the wall, and a fireplace near the table, covered with a cream hand-knitted tablecloth. It was stunning.  One thing, which I was always thankful of, was when I see my family complete every meal time. No matter how busy my parents were, they would always find time for us.

          “So, how’s your day, Haeyeon?” my dad asked as we took our places and sat. Dad reached for the pitcher of lemonade and poured some to my glass. “Thank you.” I looked at Haeyeon and her face was boiling. Jealous much?

          “It was fine, daddy. I got perfect scores on our quizzes today unlike someone…” Haeyeon glanced at me and smirked.

 

          B*

 

“That’s really good, Haeyeon. Keep it up! How was yours, dear?” Dad faced me, waiting for my answer.

“No troubles today, dad.” I teased.

“Well, that’s something to be proud of…” Haeyeon said in an insulting tone.

          Sunmi appeared carrying two plates, followed by another maid, carrying a tray of plates.  Sunmi served the food on the table before excusing herself.  I looked down and bit my lip. I WAS FAMISHED!

          The smell was divine—lycanthrope lasagna and hydra stew with hobgoblin chili soup for our starters. I ignored Haeyeon’s insult for the meantime to concentrate on my food.

“Uncle, this is very tasty! I like the sourness and spiciness of this stew.” Haeyeon said to Uncle Kim, Junsu’s father.

“Thank you, Haeyeon. Do you like it, Taeyeon?”

 “I don’t like it…” Mom’s mouth twitched. Everyone stared at me, dumbfounded.

 

          Who would like to eat foods with disturbing names? Hobgoblin? Lycanthrope? Of course! KIM TAEYEON! Exotic foods were the best!

 

 

           “Because I loved it!” Uncle Kim nodded and smiled. He was glad to hear that I loved it. That was my father-in-law there. In your dreams.

          Sunmi appeared again carrying two another plates, serving stone stroll steaks and frog skewers for our main course. The steak was deliciously salty while the skewer was spicy. And for our dessert, Sunmi served decadent dragon cake, my favorite!

          “I met a new friend today…” I shared.

          Junsu looked at me.

          “Is it a boy?” Dad asked.

          “Yes. He’s very handsome…” and very girly at the same time.

          “Is he rich?” That was my old control freak mom being nosy. Ow! Ow! Ow! I remembered something.

 

 

“Mom…”

           

 

 

 

            “…does dad has a Red Room of Pain?” I asked innocently. Dad’s fork fell on the floor as well as Uncle Kim’s. Haeyeon was coughing uncontrollably, choking herself to death… I was joking.  And Junsu spitted out the lemonade he was drinking, on my cake. Eew.

 

While Mom…

 

 

 

 

 

 fainted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

           Who would have thought that they were all familiar with Christian Grey’s Red Room of Pain? Who would have thought that mom actually read the series and she asked dad to build one? I wondered where it was. I could smell… role-playing.

 

 

          Too bad she was menopause…

 

 

          …

 

 

          Should I call him? Yes? No? Yes? No? Aish!  I threw my phone on the floor and kicked the trash bin. “Aww! Aww!” I screamed in pain. I looked around and noticed my room. It was painted in dark blue and there were voodoo dolls hanging on the wall. There were a lot of scented candles and trinkets near the fireplace. Then I realized... my room looked like a room of a wicked witch on those fairytales. Unlike Haeyeon’s room, her room was filled with pink. Everything was pink… she also liked flowers and she loved to collect Hello Kitty. 

          We were really different...

 

          Everything was different…

 

          Hey Ms. Know-It-All, should I change my room this weekend? My subconscious fixed her specs, crossed her arms, pouted and said ‘it’s about time, sister’.

 

          ♫Baby, you light up my world like nobody else! The way that you flipped your hair gets me overwhelmed! ♫

 

          What?! No hating. I loved One Direction and my favorite members were Liam, Harry, Zayn and Bieber.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter