Chapter 3 : The Deaf, the Psycho, and the Stubborn

Rivals in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] The Deaf, the Psycho, and the Stubborn  [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Chapter Three   [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID4]

Do you know? If you comment, you'll receive karma points! Comment now!  :3

[/CONTENTID4]

[CONTENTID3]

 

          Boyfriend? Jealous? Jaejoong’s words kept on repeating in my head. I laughed awkwardly and punched him lightly. “No! He’s my twin’s boyfriend.” I answered truthfully. Jaejoong raised his eyebrow, watching me while his hand was cupping his chin and his index finger against his lower lip. Oh my! Those red luscious lips... My subconscious was in her flirting outfit… this wasn’t good. “You’re lying,” he replied. Lying? Me? No way! I’m not like my sister!

           “Me?! No! The truth is… he’s my first love and now, the boyfriend of Haeyeon. He was stolen from me.” I said, coughing before looking away. I should remind myself not to look on his lips. “Very interesting.” Jaejoong commented and smiled.

          I took Jae’s hand and led him on the bleachers. Why did it spark? Attraction, baby! I introduced him to Sunny, Hyoyeon and Yoona. “Girls, this is Kim Jaejoong, the team mascot, and probably the most handsome mascot alive.” Jaejoong raised his hand and smiled shyly. “Yo!” Yoona, Sunny and Hyoyeon smiled back.

          “What are we missing here?” Changmin appeared AGAIN out of nowhere. Why did he keep on appearing in front of me?!  “We have a new friend, Kim Jaejoong. You have a buddy now!” I teased and sat beside Jae.

          “Wow. You look like a girl!” Yoona said while examining Jae’s skin.

          “What’s your beauty secret?” Hyoyeon asked, touching his skin.

          Jae shrugged and smiled. “Jaejoong-shhi, do you love FOOD?!” Sooyoung asked, appearing behind Changmin. Jae looked up and nodded. “I do! I love food because I love to cook. Actually, we have a new resto near our school.” Sooyoung’s face brightened up and she pushed Changmin just to sit with Jae.

          “Really?! Could you bring me there? Please?!” she begged, showing her puppy eyes. I looked at Changmin. “Sooyoung, we have a small resto too...” he interrupted. She looked back. “We’re always eating there! We need to experience a new environment!”  She was spreading her arms like she was declaiming or something.

          Poor Changmin. Sooyoung was so insensitive. I promised to him that I would help him someday. “Let’s go at Jae’s resto after school. Who’s with me?!” I shouted and raised my hand. Sooyoung immediately raised her hand followed by Sunny, Yoona and Hyo. “Changmin?” Sooyoung asked. Changmin raised his hand a little and faked a smile.

          Sooyoung got up and embraced him. “Ya~ you promised to treat me,” she whispered and laughed. I was not really an eavesdropper, was I?

 

          “Junsu!” I was chasing him in the garden. He was ignoring me and when I dropped by at his room, he would say that he was just a recorded message and he was out. What a weirdo. Maybe his head got hit when Haeyeon kicked the ball and he started thinking that he was a robot.

          “Junsu wait!” I shouted, panting. “Junsu wai—” I wasn’t able to continue because my asthma was attacking me. Junsu looked back and ran towards me.

          “Are you okay?” he asked and helped me to stand. I nodded. “Why are you ignoring me?” I asked slowly. “Nothing.” he answered shortly. “Is it because I wasn’t able to watch the game with you?” I continued asking. He didn’t answer. “So it is. I’m sorry. Mom asked me to go shopping with her. I was protesting but Haeyeon grabbed my hand and dragged me towards our car,” I explained.

          Junsu faced me and looked straightly in my eyes. “Are you telling the truth?” he asked. I nodded and drew a cross in my heart. “You’re not wrinkling your nose so I guess you’re telling the truth.” he said and pinched my cheeks. “I won’t lie to you Junsu…”

 

          We sat under an old big tree in our garden; I was playing with a twig while Junsu was whistling. “Junsu...” I broke the awkward silence between us. Junsu stopped whistling and faced me. “Yes?” he asked. I bit my lower lip and closed my eyes.

 

          “I’m going to Japan...”

 

           I confessed and my tears fell down. “Wha—Why?!”  he asked.

          “Mom told me that it’s better for me to live with Grandpa. She wants grandpa to discipline me,” I answered.

          “Taeyeon, you can’t leave me.” his voice cracked.

           I embraced Junsu and cried. “I will come back Junsu. I’ll be a better person for you... wait for me.”

 

          Days passed and I left, leaving Junsu all by himself. He didn’t talk too much after that. He didn’t go out and he preferred to be alone. His dad noticed his sudden change and felt bad for him.

          So, Haeyeon took the chance to be with him. She was always by his side, not leaving him. He would be asking her if I called but Haeyeon told him that I didn’t. Haeyeon was telling the truth this time. Our grandfather didn’t want me to touch my phone. The way he disciplined me was just too over sometimes. My route would always be house and school. No friends, no phones and no television until I finished my homework. My dad would only visit me once a month. Our grandmother couldn’t do anything for me and I would always cry myself to sleep.

 

I missed Junsu…

 

I missed him so much.

 

          “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter