Chapter 1 : Goddess of Clumsiness

Rivals in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Goddess of Clumsiness  [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Chapter One   [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID4]

Enjoying so far? Subscribe and comment for free karma points! :3

[/CONTENTID4]

[CONTENTID3]

 

          No butts, no guts, no coconuts. My mom got a hold on me and forced me to perform something for our guests. So, I reluctantly did because I had no choice but to obey. I took my electric guitar named Vegeta— don’t judge, in my room and played very loud disturbing rock music. I saw my mom’s mouth twitched. I knew in an instant that she was mad so I kneeled and started whipping my hair. I saw my father’s face and I could say that he was amused. I smiled at him and blew him a kiss before ending my performance. 

          No one clapped except for my father. He was so proud of me while our guests were all looking at me in a weird way like I was a freak or an alien.  I couldn’t blame them. I was raised in a well-known family so everyone expected me to be sophisticated and well-mannered. Too bad, I didn’t meet any of their expectations.

          My outstanding performance was followed by my first love, Kim Junsu. I gazed at him as he sat confidently on the piano and started playing.

          “To the girl I love…”

 

          The loneliness of nights alone

          The search for strength to carry on

 

          Ooh! He was singing an English song. But I couldn’t understand his lyrics… so nice so wrong? Agfagfkagfka to carry on? Maybe, he was singing a Kenyan version of it?

 

          My every hope had seemed to die

          My eyes had no more tears to cry

 

          There you go…

 

          Then like the sun shining from up above

          You surrounded me with your endless love

          And all the things I couldn’t see are now so clear to me

 

          What the hell was ‘Tings’?

 

          Oh~ you’re the breathe of life in me

 

          The lipe in me? Really? Junsu?

 

The only one that sets me free

 

We could still work on your pronunciation, baby.

 

And you have made my soul complete

For all time…

For all time…

 

          His high notes were so flawless and that made me push the red button in front of me … then my large leather chair magically rotated. I WANT YOU KIM JUNSU!

 

          Oh crap… I actually thought that I was a judge in ‘The Voice South Korea’ because of my constant commenting while watching his performance.

 

You are my everything (you are my everything)
Nothing your love won't bring (nothing your love won't bring)
My life is yours alone (alone)

The only love I've ever known (oh no, no)

 

          Did he just look at me?


Your spirit pulls me through (your spirit pulls me through)
When nothing else will do (when nothing else will do)
Every night I pray (oh, I pray)
On bended knee (on my knee)
That you will always be
Be my everything

 

          Yes Junsu! I would accept! I would accept! I would be accepting you wholeheartedly! I would be your everything…

 

 

          HAAHHHHHHHH!

 

          I was currently sitting here in a crowded place called Tartarus…

 

          …or the cafeteria.  My friends and I called it Tartarus because students would transform into monsters when they started eating.

 

          HAAHHHHHHHH!

 

           I yawned again without covering my mouth, pretending that I was the fire-breathing dragon from Shrek and Hyoyeon was Fionah. HAHAHA! Please don’t tell her that I said that....

 

 

          My eyes wandered around Tartarus and the monsters in it. Everyone was busy chatting, texting, eating and laughing. Woah! Who would have thought that looking at everyone would give me a terrible headache? Oh! On the brighter side of Tartarus, I was facing Kim Junsu right now. I wanted to devour him … not in a cannibalistic way, of course. He looked so strikingly handsome today. He was wearing a plain white V-neck shirt and very tight black jeans. Oh! Don’t get me wrong! I wasn’t looking down there! Though, it was very tempting… STOP IT! His hair was smoothed down and his side-swept bangs were hanging loosely above his eyebrows.  HOLY S**T! You should be a god, Kim Junsu! God of Butts! God of Dolphins! God of Mispronunciation!

 

 

          …

 

 

          My subconscious was currently impassive then she fainted because of my preposterous comments.

 

          Students in Seoul International High School had assigned tables just like in any high school themed Hollywood movies that I had seen. We had the jocks, the geeks, the cheerleaders, you could name it all.

          Popular students had different table. This table belonged to my not-so-dearest twin, Kim Haeyeon. Yes, students and professors admired her very much. She looked exquisite and there was something about her that made her irresistible to the eyes of many. Her shiny forehead. I gave my subconscious a high five and she was now cocking her head at me. Insolent brat.

           She was also smart, talented and a constant honor student. And she was the head of the student body. Though, I had a theory that she hypnotized students using her shiny forehead to win the election.

          She could play a lot of instruments like violin, flute, piano and more… using her forehead, of course. But! Yes, a big …I mean but… HAEYEON COULDN’T SING! AND I COULD! Because her vocal prowess went all to her shiny forehead and it got stuck there for eternity…  

          Unlike her, I was clumsy and boyish. I didn’t have pretty face, perfect shiny hair and shiny clothes.  Well, that’s because you don’t give a damn on how you look. I didn’t. Thank you very much, Ms. Know-It-All subconscious. I didn’t have exemplary grades and I was a nuisance in our school. But you know… I was really thankful that I chose to stick with my full bangs because I didn’t want to blind people especially Junsu with my y forehead.

 

          BREAKING NEWS!!!

          Kim Taeyeon found dead.

          Cause of death?

          Kim Haeyeon’s Forehead.

 

          ….

 

          And again, my subconscious fainted, embarrassed.

 

          Back to our table assignments, Haeyeon belonged to the Elites—that was what they were calling themselves, and along with her were Junsu, Tiffany, Jessica and our cousin, Yuri. (I mockingly decided to call my circle, the Proletarians.)

          Yuri had a twin too and her name was Yoona. They were the daughters of my daddy’s older sister, Aunt Kwon. Just like me and Haeyeon, they were completely different. Yuri was the hot and y type of girl. She loved to wear fitting clothes to emphasize her curves and body. She had this sun-kissed skin that everyone envied—not me! 

          While Yoona was your typical girl-next-door that everyone adored. She had these doe eyes that made her look so innocent and pure...

 

          I wanted to poke it sometimes. Err…

 

          I was thinking that the only difference of them from us was... what was it?

 

          Aah! They l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter