If I Were A Boy [Final]

Short Story of YulTae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

If I Were A Boy [Final]

 

12th May 2017, Friday, 08:07 a.m.

YulTae Mansion: Kitchen.

 

"Baby?" Yuri call out as he walk to the kitchen.

 

"Yes?" 

 

"Coffee? Hot chocolate?" He asked as he stand beside her.

 

"Hot chocolate. Wae? Do you want a coffee? I can make it for you." She stop what she's doing and look at him. She wait for his answer.

 

He bite his lips and put down whatever Taeyeon is holding. Taeyeon give him a question look. He wrap his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him. "Hmmmm." He look up and pretend to think of what should he drink this morning. Taeyeon crossed her arms in front of her chest and chuckles at him.

 

"So? Which one?" She asked again.

 

"Hot chocolate it is." He said and lean closer to peck her lips. They smile at each other then Yuri release the hug slowly to let her continue to do her work. Just then he yawn and she caught him at it.

 

"Do you want to continue your sleep? I can go and fetch Suho by myself." She said softly as she glance at him for a while then focus on the hot chocolate again.

 

"It's fine. It just I have become a sleepyhead nowadays. I must have been so lonely that I slowly becoming a sleepyhead." He said and this makes her stop from doing anything.

 

"Jagiya.." She called to get his attention. "I'm here.. I will shoo your loneliness away arachi? Just give me a chance.."

 

He smile and peck her lips. "Can I have my drink now?"

 

"Here." She smile and caressed his cheek. She can't help but got a feeling to be all pampered and all close to him nowadays.

 

 

 

Kim Mansion: Front Door - 08:45 a.m.

Taeyeon POV

 

Finally we arrived at my parents house. I wrap my right arm around his waist and we walk inside the house. I'm nervous. Scared. Mixed feeling. The last time I saw them talked was on our wedding day but that time they are not even in a good term already. I look at his face and he's wearing a poker face right now. I hold him tight to let him know that I will always by his side.

 

We enter the house and we are being greet by my little sister Hayeon. "Unnie! Oppa!" She greet us. I hug her and then it's Yuri turn to greet her back. My Yuri patted Hayeon's head as he smile warmly at her. 

 

"Annyeong Hayeonie." He said. 

 

"It's been so long since you last visit here Yul oppa." My little sister complained. She's really close to my Yuri even before we got married. He always treat her as a little sister when he meet her. Maybe thats why she grow attached to him since Jiwoong oppa rarely home.

 

"Sorry. Something always came up." He smile.

 

"Where is Suho?" I asked as I look around.

 

"He's in the garden with umma and appa. Lets go!" Hayeon excitedly said. Yuri reach for my hand and intertwined our hands.

 

"Lets go." I said and we walk there side by side.

 

 

 

Backyard Gardens - 08:51 a.m.

 

My parents are playing with Suho happily. At first even my appa can't accept Suho but I feel glad that he can accept my baby son now. I know I sound selfish but I'm trying my best to face what I have started. As I remember what my parents did to him I can't help but boil in anger. Unconsciously my grip on his hand tighten which makes him to turn his gaze at me.

 

"Gwenchana?" He mouthed.

 

I nods at him and caressed his cheeks before I approached my parents. I tapped their shoulder and they hug me happily. I hugged them back and try so hard not to unleash my anger. They break the hug and stare at the person that is behind me. They give him the look that seems full of hate which go unnoticed by me since the day we got married but not today. 

 

"You're here." Umma said. Umma didn't have the fierce look that my appa is giving. I think umma didn't have that much to do with the tortured appa gave him.

 

My Yuri with his poker face he bowed at my parents. My heart breaks apart seeing him this way. "Suho-ah." I try to change the topic and take Suho in my arms. Yuri smile as he saw Suho that is so excited right now as he sees him. He peck Suho's forehead and pinch his cute nose.

 

"Don't you have a work to do today?" Appa suddenly asked as he look at Yuri.

 

"He took a leave for today appa." I answer behalf of him but thing just get worse.

 

"He can't even talk now?" Appa asked more with full of sarcasm in his voice. 

 

"What are you trying to say appa?" I asked. I really don't want to fight with him but I have to talk about this with him.

 

"Baby.. Calm down.." Yuri said which makes my heart soften. He caressed my back softly. My anger vanished due to his calm gesture. I noticed that my parents eyes go wide as they see this side of Yuri.

 

"Jagiya, I want to talk with my parents for a while. You can rest in my room with Suho until I comeback to you." I suggest with hope he agree with my suggestion. He nods and take Suho from me. He look at me for a while before he walk away from here. "Hayeon-ah, can you please bring all Suho's stuff to Yuri oppa?"

 

"Sure unnie." Then my little sister walk away from here too and it leave only me and my parents. I join them sit and eyed them with fierce eyes.

 

"What is it that you want to talk about my princess?" Appa asked. I can't help but begin to act rude towards him. I scoff at his question and I can see he's really startled because of it.

 

"Why did you do that to Yuri?" I decide to just shoot him with a question that I have be urge to ask.

 

"What are you talking about?" He act clueless now uh? I turn to my umma. 

 

"Umma, you know about this too don't you?" I asked but she didn't answer me.

 

"Fine. If you didn't answer me then just think that I'm already dead." I said and was about to get up when appa stop me from going.

 

"What did he told you about it?" He asked. I can't hold my anger anymore so I explode.

 

"He didn't told me anything! I only found out about all of your evil doing as I read his diary that the doctor asked him to wrote and his check up letter with a doctor. Because all of your evil act my Yuri faced a traumatic depression! Do you think that it is just an ordinary illness? No! It's a serious one!" I said to both of them but mostly I eyed my appa as I said it.

 

"W-What?" Umma stutter. 

 

"You're together in this too aren't you? I am truly disappointed with both of you." I said as my face feel hot right now because of anger. "Why? Isn't he your favorite one appa, umma? Appa, you used to really like him and think highly of him but what makes you that heartless? Are you going to take a responsibility on him now?" I asked.

 

"I-- Look our Taengoo. I did that for your sake. If I didn't do that I'm afraid no one will even get marry with you. Please trust me that all I did was for your sake." He explain. 

 

"That is not the way! Please stop lying appa. I know you tried to disown me!" I said.

 

"What? You tried to disown your own daughter?" This time my umma asked him angrily. Bet umma didn't know a thing about this then.

 

"No darling! I was mad at that time. I didn't mean a single bit of it." Appa explain to umma but it seems like umma didn't even listen to his explanation.

 

"No wonder for all of this time Yuri keep avoiding me. You drag me into this without me knowing. How could you?!" Umma strikes back.

 

I sigh. "Look umma, appa. I don't want to lose respect to any of you. Just this time please don't interfere in our relationship. I want to fix our marriage. I want to help him recover. Please. Please don't come and see us for a meant time. He needs time to recover. I'm afraid his trauma won't go away if he get to see you often." I said and try to sound as polite as I can. "I'm sorry." I said to them and walk away from there as my a tears fell on my cheek. 

 

 

 

Taeyeonie Bedroom - 09:29 a.m.

 

I wipe the strained tears on my face and I open the door slowly. There they are. Suho is sleeping on top of Yuri as my Yuri is busy with his smartphone. This is a first time that Yuri let Suho sleep in his arms. I think this is gonna be one of the sight that I want to see everyday of my life. 

 

I approached them and Yuri finally recognize that I'm here. "Hey.." He smile and look at me. I sit beside him and caressed my baby boy's head. He's sleeping so peacefully right now. "Come here.." He said as he put down his phone and open right arm for me. I smile and get close to him. He wrap his arm around my waist as I wrap my arm around his waist too. His left arm safely support Suho so that he won't fall down.

 

"You seems busy just now." I start. I don't have a gut to interfere in his business but it's been so long since I know about how he is doing. His day, his work. 

 

"I have a new client but I told my worker to handle it since it's my off day today." He said and peck my temple. 

 

"Oh is that so?" I nods to it.

 

"Gwenchana?" A sound of worry evident in his voice.

 

I smile. "Gwenchana. Don't worry. For now lets just focus on us. Just us. Arasso jagiya?" I said almost sound like a whisper. He nods and steal a peck on my lips. Can't help but feel all shy towards him. 

 

"Baby, lets go to hospital now." He said.

 

"Isn't it too early babe?" I asked.

 

"Actually I have a check up today." He said as he smile a bit. 

 

"You should have told me earlier. Lets go now." I said as I rush to get up.

 

"But this little one is sleepy so soundly. I don't have a heart to wake him up." He said as he patted Suho's . 

 

"It's fine. Let me take him." I said and lift him from him carefully. "Aigoo. Aigoo my baby." I try to calm him down as he's on the verge of crying because I disturb his sleep. 

 

Yuri get up and carry Suho's stuff as I hold Suho in my arms.

 

 

 

Seoul Hospital - 10:18 a.m.

 

As we reach at the counter the staff, nurses, doctors greet us happily since it's been awhile since I last visit and boy I miss working here so much. "Omo! He's a big boy now. You've grown a lot since the first day I saw you. Come to Sica umma." It's Jessica Jung. She's my friend since high school days and she's a doctor here too.

 

I smile widely and then I play around with Jessica as if I don't want to hand him to her. "Do you want to go to Sica umma Suho-ah?"

 

"Yah. Of course he want to come to me. I'm his gorgeous aunty. Come. Come." Jessica said as she make a cute act to attract my little boy. 

 

"So full of yourself." I said as I merong at Jessica. "Go to Sica umma for a while all right?" I said and handed Suho to Jessica. "Can you take care of him for a while? I need to go somewhere with Yuri." I request. 

 

"Sure. I don't have any patient to check for a mean time." Jessica keep kissing Suho's cheeks.

 

"I'm really sorry for troubling you." I said with a guilty face and tone.

 

"Nah it's fine. It's been awhile since I met this handsome boy. I'll be in my room okay Taeyeon-ah and nice to meet you Yuri." She said and bowed at him. 

 

"Nice to meet you too." Yuri smile at her. 

 

"We need to excuse ourselves for a while." I said. "Bye my little baby." I peck Suho's forehead before I left him with Jessica.

 

 

 

Dr. Jun's Room - 10:34 a.m.

 

As we entered the room Dr. Jun greet me happily. Even though we are not in the same department but we used to see each other a lot because of work. "Aren't you gonna work here again?" Dr. Jun asked me as we take a seat.

 

"Of course I want to work again but I'm still waiting for the right time to work again." I explain and he nods. He then turned gaze at my husband. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter