A Vow

Vengeful Romance
Please log in to read the full chapter

As she escorted the couple out, Mani’s assistant rose her eyebrows.

“What?” she mouthed to the worker.

“Your admirer is here,” Jieun whispered back.

 

Shaking her head, Mani bid her customers goodbye. “You were saying, Song Jieun.”

 

“I was saying, your lover is here.” Jieun nodded her head to the gentleman in the second lobby.

 

Turning her head to look at the person, Mani smiled. “Oh, hello Jung Daehyun-sshi.”

 

With the bouquet in his hands, Daehyun chuckled, “When will you drop the formalities?” He handed her the flowers, “For you.”

 

Gasping, she gawked at the bouquet. “Thank you Daehyun-sshi.” Mani carried the bouquet and smiled, “Peony, my favorite.” She narrowed her eyes at him and playfully nudged him with her shoulder, “You’re too nice to me, Jung Daehyun.” she said whilst shaking her head.

 

“Saw these by the floral shop near my workplace and it reminded me of you.” He looked at her from head to toe, “You look good, as always.”

 

“Still good with your words, I see.” Ignoring Jieun’s cheeky grins and winks, Mani led him to her office. “So, how have you been? Have you had an episode yet?”

 

It was no doubt that Jung Daehyun had anger issues. Only he and Mani knew that Daehyun was taking anger management classes. Through that they met; she was his instructor and he was her student. Although Mani saw him as a good friend, Daehyun hoped she wasn’t too naive or oblivious to his pursuits.

 

“No, I haven’t,” he said. “After you left, my new instructor didn’t seem to have such an impact on me so I checked out.”

 

“Daehyun!” she scolded, “You can’t just do that. You were only in for six months!” she clucked her tongue and threw a crumpled up gum wrapper at her.

 

“Hey!” he laughed, “It’s been two years, I’m good now! I haven’t had an episode since.” he assured her.

 

“Knock, knock.” the door opened; it was her next couple.

 

“Are we interrupting you two?” a deep voice boomed.

 

Mani looked up and the smile on her face fell flat. Daehyun noticed and turned around to see who the people were.

 

“I didn’t know that you knew Im Mani-sshi.” Goeun said to her brother

 

“What can I say? I guess I wanted her to be my secret.”

 

“Aigoo,” Goeun mockingly cooed as she nudged her brother with a cheeky grin.

 

Mani could feel his piercing glare burn a large hole into the center of her body. The entire situation made her feel extremely uncomfortable. Although Jung Daehyun had been awfully nice to her and made her career much more pleasant, she knew that he had feelings for her that she just could not give back. Im Mani wasn’t in love. For a while, it seems.

 

“You two know each other?” Yongguk asked, eyes staring straight at Mani.

 

“Yes.” Mani replied. “We knew each other from college.” Turning to Daehyun, she gave him an apologetic expression, “I have work.”

 

Taking that as his cue to leave, Daehyun stood up. “Let’s have dinner tonight–you know, to catch up.”

 

“That would be great. Thank you for dropping by.” Once he left, she looked at the two. “Okay, so where were we at?”

 

“Cake design and flavor.” Goeun rapidly replied. “What I was most excited about.”

 

“Aren’t we all?” Mani faked a realistic laugh, laughing alongside the bride as the groom intensely stared at her. She still wasn’t used to the fact that Bang Yongguk was someone who had abruptly re-entered her life. When he was staring at her like this, she didn’t know how else to respond, so she ignored his long glances. Their rough encounter yesterday was something that echoed her mind.

 

Bang Yongguk hated her and he wanted to get even. What worried her was the extent that he would surpass to get his vengeance.

 

“Excuse me while I go check to see if the bakery is open.” Mani stood up, “If it is, we can head on over so you two can get your tastings.”

 

Standing with her, Yongguk looked at her, “Where is your restroom?”

 

“It’s down the h–”

 

“I’ll have Im Mani walk me. Wait for me here, Goeun.” Yongguk interjected.

 

Composing her grace, Mani walked with him to the hallway to the men’s restroom. “It’s right there.” she indirectly stated.

 

“Where? You’re not being specific,” he argued.

 

Refusing to look at him in the eyes, she pointed down the hall. “If you go straight down there and turn your left, you’ll be inside.”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter