Unwanted Guests

Vengeful Romance
Please log in to read the full chapter

  hay loves double update here. super long but totally juicy chapter up ahead.

and yes. this story is back up and running. i love you all, enjoy.

Monday mornings were always very busy. It is the single most popular day in the week that couples decide to speak to a wedding planner. This Monday was no different. It wasn’t even noon yet and already she consulted with four hopeful couples.

Regardless of the hassle, she was grateful.

Always.

As she was consulting her fifth couple, Mani saw Jieun pace to her office through her elongated window. She ignored the woman until Jieun knocked on her door urgently.

“Come in,” Mani called to her co-worker.

Jieun cracked the door open. “Mani, I need to speak to you.” Her eyes widened as if saying, ‘You need to get out here right now.’

Mani looked at her clients, “Excuse me for just a moment.” she said with a polite grin. “In the meantime, you can come up with any further ideas about what it is exactly you want.”

She stood up and walked with Jieun down the hall to the front of the shop.

“What is it, Jieun?”

“Just take everything.”

Mani recognized that voice. It was a deep voice that belonged to no one other than Bang Yongguk. She watched as he ordered three men to confiscate everything in her business.

“He just came in and took over the place.” Jieun frantically whispered to her. “When I asked him what he wanted, he said that this place is his now and told me to get you before it gets ugly.”

Mani sighed, trying to remain calm. She looked and saw that there was a couple waiting in the lobby.

Yongguk approached them. “You two need to leave,” he demanded.

“What’s going on?” the man asked. He looked around and saw the people rummaging throughout the shop. “We made an appointment weeks ago and we are not leaving until we receive an explanation.”

“Hello,” Mani stepped out of the shadows of the hallway.

Yongguk turned around, a satisfied grin smeared his lips. He gestured for the men to stop.

“I’m Im Mani.” she introduced herself to the couple. “You are Hwang Wootae and Seo Jaeyoung, right?”

“Yes.” the couple said in unison.

“There seem to be some issues right now so I’m sorry but I am unavailable to see you two at the moment.”

She walked to the front desk, excusing herself as she passed by some of Yongguk’s workers, and grabbed a pen and her business card.

“Since I already have your information,” she said as she scribbled something on the back of the card, “I will inform you with an immediate session once the issue is settled.” Mani handed her card to the couple, “On the back of the card, I’ve written down my personal number. If you don’t hear back from me, don’t hesitate to call me.” she finished with her golden smile.

The couple stood up. “Well I hope everything gets settled,” Jaeyoung said.

Mani escorted them out. “Thank you and I’m so sorry for the inconvenience.” They walked out, “In return, I’ll give you two a 20% discount for my services.” She bowed, “Again I would like to apologize for the inconvenience.”

The couple bid their goodbye. Mani took a deep breath of air before entering the war zone. She walked in and looked at Yongguk.

“What is your business here, Bang Yongguk?”

Yongguk opened his arms, “What can I say?” he looked around the room then back at her eyes, “Your little shop is mine now.”

Mani put her hands on her hips, “What are you talking about?”

Yongguk threw a stapled set of papers on the floor. “Read it. It’s been handed over to me.”

She walked to the paperwork and picked it up. Skimming the papers, Mani scoffed in disbelief. “You work quick, don’t you?”

“Of course!” He chuckled, “Bang Yongguk works fast like this.”

Jieun walked over to her and read the paperwork. She gasped, “This is impossible!” she exclaimed, “How can you just take away our business like this?”

“Easy,” he gestured for his workers to pick up where they left, “Your landlord is very easy to persuade.”

“What?!” Jieun exclaimed again, “Mani, how come we weren’t a part of this discussion.”

Mani couldn’t believe the situation she was in. In just a weekend, he did what he vowed to do.

“You’re vicious, Bang Yongguk.”

“Wait,” Jieun narrowed her eyes, trying to recognize where she had seen him, “Isn't he—”

“Don't mind him.” Mani told her, “He's no one important.”

“Actually,” Yongguk intervened, “I am very important. I'm the man who’s taking your business away.” he said with a smirk. “Now since you ladies have 48 hours to remove your things from this property, I figured you two can use some help.”

“No.” Mani protested, “We don’t need your help. You can tell your men to leave.” She walked towards him, “If you think you can hurt me this way, you’re wrong.” She scoffed, “How weak do you think I am, Bang Yongguk?” Mani brushed past his shoulders.

“You four can leave now,” she told her unwanted guest.

“You three,” Yongguk corrected, “Can leave. I’ll be here to watch them pack.”

Mani looked at him, trying not to let his presence get to her. She walked back to her office and fed the same news to the previous couple. Once she had escorted them out as well, Yongguk began his reign of terror.

“Jieun,” Mani called, “Please call Sunhwa and ask her about this. After you received confirmation, pack your personal items before anything else.”

Jieun nodded and glared at Yongguk. “Such a handsome face,” she spat, “It’s a shame how evil the heart is.”

“Jieun stop.”

Yongguk only chuckled, pleased with her scorn. He followed Mani as she was going to her office. “You know, for what it’s worth,” he sat on her seat and spun around in it, “I think this place would make the perfect place for a loft or townhome for me. Maybe my own bachelor pad. What do you think?”

“Wouldn’t it be strange though?” She replied as she was clearing out her corner space. “A personal space in an area of business.”

“I’ll make it work,” he said confidently.

“Good luck to you. I hope it turns out well.”

“Are you ing serious?” they heard Jieun shout from the front. “That ing bastard wasn’t kidding, Mani! That sold us out!”

“Then pack your things,” Mani shouted so she could hear.

There was a loud shouting from the other woman followed by more cursing.

Yongguk was puzzled. The response he was getting from Jieun was what he wanted from Mani. But he was getting none of it. He wasn’t sure if she was just being passive or if this was just the way she handled things. Mani was always a level-headed person, but this should have triggered some (or a whole lot of) anger. He basically took her job from her, and she was acting like this was something light.

He wanted more emotion from her.

“So,” Yongguk stood up and advanced towards her, “How about that cake tasting.”

“Huh?” She turned around and accidentally bumped into him. As a reflex, he caught her by the back. His arms was wrapped around her waist, inches away from her face.

“You still haven’t given me some of that cake.”

Suddenly, she understood what he was inferring to. “Oh my goodness,” Mani pushed him away from her and scoffed, “You are utterly disgusting, you animal.”

She pushed past him, but he pulled her in, “Why?” his eyebrows furrowed, “How much does a taste cost?”

“I’m not an object, Bang Yongguk. I don’t care if other women let you insult and objectify them, I will not allow you to degrade me like that.” She pushed him away.

“I don’t need to objectify you since you already do such an amazing job of throwing yourself around.” He took a step closer to her, “How was meeting Himchan? Want him under your spell too?”

“I’d prefer him over you any day.”

Before he could argue back, his phone rang. Mani went back to her task and continued packing her things.

“Hello?” Yongguk answered.

“Oh thank god!” Goeun exclaimed. “You need to come to my house right now.”

The audio of his phone call was very loud. On top of that, the place was silent so Mani could hear their conversation.

“What’s going on? Why do I hear shouting?” he asked.

Please log in to read the full chapter