These Feelings

Vengeful Romance
Please log in to read the full chapter

long chapter ahead i hope you enjoy ♡

Mani idly brushed the tips of her hair and puffed out her braids to loosen them. She looked at herself in the mirror, admiring how her hair turned out. She had braided her hair from one side and shifted it to the other. If she looks better, she’ll feel better. Today seemed like a better day. Her foot was almost completely healed and she felt more comfortable in her surroundings. 

Suddenly, she heard loud voices and laughter; utter banter was echoing nearby. Mani turned to the direction of the commotion and had to look at it herself. 

“What is going on?” she wondered. She gasped, “Is there a fight going on?”

Mani rushed out of the house and followed the banter. She saw a group of young boys cheering and hollering. They had their arms pumped in the arm and looked up the large tree. Mani’s eyes followed up and saw the person they were cheering for.

“Yongguk?” 

He looked down and smiled, “Hey Mani!” He threw another mango down to the pile on the ground.

“What are you doing?” she asked, almost unsure what she was seeing.

“What? It’s mango season,” he threw another mango down, “We’re seeing who can get the most mangos. I was winning until you made me stop.”

Mani looked at the boys and a smile slowly grew on her face. “You’re so old, what if you get hurt.”

Yongguk stopped, “Hurt?” 

He maneuvered himself so he was sitting in the tree. Mani screamed, afraid that he would fall. 

“Be careful!”

“Are you saying you’re worried for me?”

“Yes!” Mani shouted, “The tree is so high up, you could fall and break a bone!”

“So you admit you care for me?” he smirked. Just by looking at his facial expressions and Mani’s near-blushing face, the boys knew they were flirting with each other. They oou’d and awe’d, making Mani feel embarrassed. “What do you say, my love?”

Mani scoffed, “Just come down safely. Surely you’ve gotten enough mangos.”

“Okay, I can tell you miss me so much you want a hug right away right?”

“What? No!” Mani crossed her arms, “Do what you want, I’m going now.”

He jumped down before she could leave. He chased after her and turned her around, lightly panting. “Hey,” he said with a light chuckle, “I was just kidding,” he told her. She looked at him and he couldn’t help but admit her. “You look beautiful today,” he told her. He gently grazed her braids, “I like your hair,” he complimented.

Mani didn’t know how to react. “Thank you,” she said subtly, completely taken aback.

Yongguk looked at the plumeria tree next to them and plucked a white flower from a thin twig. He walked in front of her and gently placed it in her braid. “There, it’s even more beautiful.”

Mani reached over the tree and placed a plumeria flower behind her right ear.

“Right ear?” Yongguk observed, “Are you trying to tell me something?”

Mani began walking away, “What do you mean?”

He walked beside her with his hands behind his back. “When a woman puts a flower behind her ears, it means something. Left means she’s in a relationship but right,” he stopped and turned to her, “means she is single and ready to find love.” He raised a brow, “Are you trying to tell me something, Im Mani?”

“Yes, Bank Yongguk.” Mani stated, “perhaps you’ll know someone for me.” She cheekily grinned at him then strut away from him.

“Hey,” Yongguk called and Mani turned around.

“What?”

“Do you want to go fishing?”


 

He had his fist under his chin with a stern face. Daehyun was working, but his mind was not present. His eyes skimmed the words on the screen but his mind was elsewhere. His feet fidget under his desk, making a loud thudding sound that he was not cognizant of.

Jung Hyunju, on the other hand, grew suspicious of his son’s behavior.

“Daehyun,” he called but he was ignored. Hyunju walked into his son’s office and patted him on the shoulder.

“What do you need?” Daehyun asked.

“You look stressed, son.”

Daehyun scoffed, “Don’t act like you care.” He shook his father’s hand off him. 

“Why can’t I? Would it be so wrong?”

Daehyun took a deep breath. He imagined what Mani would think. He thought of her calming voice, her sweet, sweet voice that he missed. Her face flashed in his face; her beautiful, gentle face. “It’s okay,” her voice in her head said, “your father is trying. Don’t be so hostile until he gives you a reason to be. Be calm and collected.”

“My friend is missing,” he said calmly this time. “We’re trying to find her.”

“Do you need my help?”

“Not yet,” Daehyun told him, “but I appreciate your willingness to help me,” he paused shortly, “Dad.”

Hyunju was shocked. He hadn't heard his son address him that in a while. “You’re welcome, Daehyun. If you need any help, don’t hesitate to ask.” 

They exchanged grins then Hyunju moved out of his office. When his father left, he tried to get back to work until he saw a familiar person walk past his door. Daehyun got up and poked his head out of the door.

“Hey!”

The person turned around.

“Where have you been I haven’t seen you in a while.”

“Why, do you miss me?” Goeun brother.

“, yeah, maybe, a little.”

Goeun laughed, “What’s up.”

“Nothing just wanted to say hi.”

“I saw dad had come out of your office. What was that all about?”

Daehyun was now in the hallway, leaning on the door frame. “Just wanted to check up on me. It was chill.”

“Chill?” Goeun gasped, “What?” she said with a dramatic intonation, “Jung Daehyun? Chill? I’ve never seen that before.”

“Hey, hey, I’m getting better.” He paused, “How’s Youngjae?”

“He’s good, thanks for asking.” Goeun shortly paused, “Well I guess I’ll be going. I’m actually super late.”

“Wait,” Daehyun interjected, “Do you have Yongguk’s number?”


 

Mani squinted her eyes, making sure she had a clear focus. Cleared of all distractions, she slowly walked deeper into the water. She tightened her grip on the bamboo fishing trap then jabbed it into the water.

“I got it!” she shouted with joy. She threw her hands in the air and turned around, “I got it! Did you see?” The younger boys laughed at her. “What? Why are they laughing?”

“Because you trapped my foot!” Yongguk winced and grabbed the trap from his foot. 

Mani gasped, “I’m sorry! Are you okay?”

Yongguk playfully glared, “You know, when I invited you to fish with us, I didn’t expect you to be great. But I was really hoping you’d know the difference between a foot and a fish.”

Mani nervously chuckled, “Sorry, can I try again?” she asked leaning forward with her hands behind her back.

You’re so freaking cute, Im Mani.

He handed her the fish trapper, “Be careful.”

She took it giddily, “I will.”

Truthfully, she was having a really fun time. After seeing the boys successfully catch a good batch, she thought it would be easy. Even though she was awful at using the bamboo tool, she was havin

Please log in to read the full chapter