Endure, Endure, Endure

Vengeful Romance
Please log in to read the full chapter

As the storm became more aggressive and forceful, her body shivered from the cold as fear consumed her. Mani closed her eyes. Her face was wet from the pouring rain and her tears. The warmth of her fresh tears seemed to be the only thing radiating heat in her situation. Her own body could not surpass the strength of the storm. The pool, even though she pulled her knees as close to her body as possible, was invading her lower body up to her hips. She had already lost sense of her tied up arms and her open chest restricted any real heat to form throughout her body. Although it was raining, her lips were chapped from dehydration. Her body was growing pale. It had been hours since her imprisonment. Im Mani knew she couldn’t hold any longer.

“Mom,” she mumbled through her dry lips. She inhaled her last weary tears. Mani didn’t have an ounce of energy left in her. She threw her head back and sunk in the pool, limp body leaning onto the inner walls.

 

Tossing and turning, Yongguk couldn’t sleep. He didn’t remember falling asleep at all. Before he knew it, the storm was over and he was awake in bed. He looked at the clock.

3:27 AM

He sat up in his bed and looked out. Mani, he finally remembered. A burst of fearful energy hit him. He quickly got out of the bed and rashly forced the sliding door open. He the backlights for the pool and exterior. Almost lifelessly, she remained where he left her; tied up in the cold pool.

“Mani,” he called but received no answer.

As he got closer, he realized she was unconscious.

“Mani!”

Yongguk leaped in the pool and held her face up.

“Mani,” he gently pat her face, “you’re burning.”

He untied her wrists and carried her out. Her entire body was so warm, it felt like she was in a sauna instead of a pool. He brought her back in the home and placed her on the bed. Making sure to place layers of thick, warm blankets under her, Yongguk put a thick bathrobe over her. He changed out of his wet clothes then looked at the state she was in. Already he knew her body was hot, but now she was trembling. He noticed how pale and dry her lips had become.

“Six hours,” he shook his head.

Mani began to shiver and crossed her arms over her chest. Yongguk quickly place a blanket over her body.

“Mom,” she lightly mumbled, catching him off guard, “I’m cold.”

He leaned closer to her then tucked a damp strand of hair behind her ear. A tear rolled down her face and grazed his finger.

“I’m scared,” she softly cried. Her lips trembled as she continued to cry.

A pang hit his gut. For once, Im Mani admit that she was scared. He, Bang Yongguk himself, was the reason behind her fear. Never did he mean to traumatize her. He knew he went too far. It was inhumane of him to lock her out in a pool, nonetheless throughout a storm. Even dogs had better treatment than what Im Mani received. Tears continued to stream down her face. It was heartbreaking to see how weak she was. So weak that she couldn’t even express her sadness thoroughly. Without the energy to cry, or even make a sound. Mani could only let her tears flow.

Yongguk laid down next to her and held her in his arms. Her body was now in a state of constant light moans. From time to time, Mani would moan from her intense fever. Yongguk didn’t know what to do. Each time she would moan, he held her closer to him, afraid she would feel even more sick. Seeing her like this, made him hate himself more and more.

“Mani, I’m sorry,” he apologized, “I went too far.”

A grimace formed on his face. Seeing her in pain like this hurt him deeply. Never in his entire life had he ever seen Mani this sick before. He thought about all those times that he was sick and her remedies that she would give to him. Finally, he remembered something. Gently, he placed her down and grabbed a big bowl of warm water and a towel. He came back and peeled back the layers of blanket. Seeing how she shivered, he placed a gentle kiss on top

Please log in to read the full chapter