Confessions of a Broken Heart

Vengeful Romance
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was no wonder so many Americans were living with their significant other before marriage; it feels so right. It’s been about a month now that Youngjae and his mother were living with her. While Eun lived in the guest room across the large home from them, it allowed them to be intimate with one other; free of worries. Both bodies, holding each other, panting from the love that was just shared, smiling with their eyes closed from the joy they were so blessed to receive. Goeun brought her body on top of Youngjae and kissed him on the nose.

“I love you,” she told him as she moved her lips to his.

“I love you more,” he replied back.

He wrapped his arms around her and flipped her over, gently tossing her under him. She lightly giggled from the swift motion.

“Marry me,” she suggested. “And we won’t have to be in secrecy.”

Youngjae’s eyes widened and she explained herself.

“I mean we’ve already run away together;” she stated obviously, “make me your bride Youngjae.”

“Goeun I love you so much,” he professed again, “but you won’t have a future married to me.”

She brushed his hair with her fingers, “A life without you isn’t a life worth living.”

He looked at her, how absolutely breathtaking she was. Her bed hair was by far one of the most satisfying things he had ever seen in his life. Even without makeup on, she looked stunning. Youngjae couldn’t even handle the emotions she gave him. This wonderful woman, this amazing strong person underneath him was in love with him.

“Thank you for choosing to love me.”

Youngjae brought his face down and kissed her, deeply placing his lips into her soul. Kissing down her neck, Goeun began to moan against his lips. Her knees pulled up to wrap against his hips.

“I love you so much,” he said through deep breaths moving down her chest, “I want to be with you forever.”

Goeun arched her back and seductively moan, “Then make me yours again.”


 

Much to Mani’s surprise, Daehyun was right. Having his place double as a home and business was a great idea. The clients loved how lovely the backyard was. Being outdoors somehow made it easier for them to articulate what they wanted, especially with the brilliant decors that Daehyun’s mother had assembled. Daehyun was also a huge help. Ever since she’s moved in, they had spent so much time together. Whether if it was to the floral designer or even to the weddings, Daehyun was always there to be with her. She liked his company and it brought her great joy.

On the other hand, Daehyun found himself so occupied with Mani, he forgot he had a job of his own. The paperwork was only increasing as he spent more time away from the office. Jung Daehyun was infatuated with Im Mani—it was easy to see. He wondered if he looked like a fool spending all his time with this woman. Nonetheless, he didn’t care. Every moment with her was a moment of carefree fun that he hadn’t experienced in years. The home had a whole new meaning, and it was because of the good heart of Im Mani.

But it had to stop. He was getting far too behind. Jung Daehyun wasn’t someone to let himself drown.

He knew he should’ve told her earlier.

Tonight was the night, like many, where Daehyun was going to go to one of Mani’s weddings. It was something she always did; attend the weddings she organized. Since she moved in, it had become their thing: Daehyun being her plus one. It was fun for the both of them, something they both equally enjoyed. For Mani, it was nice being able to attend with someone for once. For Daehyun, it was getting to be with Mani in her most joyful states.

He waited for her in the back. After her last clients, Daehyun knew she would head over to the wedding. Once the couple left, Daehyun walked up to her.

“Mani,” he apologetically calls.

She turned to him with a huge smile from the successful interaction between her previous clients and then upon seeing Daehyun. She noticed how his face was rather gloomy.

“Hey, what’s up?”

“I don’t think I can come with you tonight,” he said defeated.

“Oh, really?” her voice accidentally hiked a pitch. She knew he had priorities, but it was so fun having him be there with her.

“Yeah, I’m behind on some paperwork.” he rubbed the back of his neck, “Maybe the next one?”

“It’s fine,” she gave him a reassuring smile, “This was my last one before Yongguk and Goeun’s.” She sighed and walked up to him, “It’s okay! We’ll have twice as much fun at their’s right, dancing partner?” she joked as she wiggled her shoulders to his.

He laughed and moved his shoulders with hers, “You know it.”

Yongguk found himself at the Jung residence more often than usual. For the past few weeks—actually, since Mani came in—he was always there. Silently waiting for Mani, perhaps waiting for an excuse to talk to her. As if fate wanted him to see, he saw Daehyun and Mani share a silly little dance. The sight crippled his heart, a lot more than he wanted it to.

Mani and Daehyun both shared a laugh before she slapped his left shoulder, “Now go.” she said dramatically, “I’ve already caused you so much distress.”

He chuckles and ruffles her hair, “Don’t have too much fun without me, okay.” and proceeds to walk inside the house.

“No promises!” she yells from the back.

She began putting away her stuff: samples of tablecloths that they may have liked, different types of lace to embroider the tablecloth, and her sketches of the centerpieces. Mani heard Daehyun walk back towards her and thought he could be of help. “Daehyun-ah,” she called, “can you grab me my sketchpad for me?”

She continued to shuffle through her stuff and organize them quickly. From the corner of her eye, she saw him and her sketchpad.

“Thank you!” she chirped. Mani turned around, “Whatever happened to--”

She hit the chest of her servicer. Mani stumbled from behind her and nearly tripped on her heels. Reflexively, Yongguk grabbed her before she could fall. One hand holding her hand, the other behind her lower back.

“Careful now,” he chuckled.

She cleared and removed herself from his grasp. “What are you doing here?” she asked.

“I was looking for Goeun,” he lied. “But it’s a good thing I was here, if not you probably would’ve fell in the pond.”

Mani grabbed her stuff and brushed past him. He grabbed her arm and ran in front of her, “Where are you going?”

“Why do you want to know?” she asked.

“Daehyun told me he was supposed to go somewhere with you.” he lied again, wanting to incorporate their conversation somehow.

“Yeah, and now he’s not.” she walked past him again, ignoring his attempts to conversate with him.

“Well,” he ran up to her and stopped her in her place, “I will go with you.”

Mani scoffed then laughed. “I don’t need you as a date, Bang Yongguk. Shouldn’t you be with your fiance?”

“Didn’t I just tell you I couldn’t find her?” Yongguk tilted his head, “Come on, show me how great you are.”

Mani narrowed her eyes at him, still not liking the concept of Bang Yongguk going with her.

“How can I fully trust you with my wedding if I’ve never even seen one of your completed events.”

“Then you can watch the Lee Jinki and Moon Nayeon wedding I held.” she walked passed him again, “I’m sure you can find it on YouTube.”

“I knew it,” Yongguk chuckled to himself as if entertained by her response.

Mani stopped, feeling taunted by his laugh, and looked at him. “What is it?”

“I always knew you were intimidated by me.”

Mani’s eyebrows furrowed. How could he possibly think that? Was he crazy? She, Im Mani, would be intimidated by him.

“I mean I totally ge

Please log in to read the full chapter