{Intro 3}

EXO: The First Mystery
Please log in to read the full chapter
 

 

"Kyungsoo! Yah, Do Kyungsoo, you're late for school! And you're going to make me late too," Kyungsoo groaned, pulling his covers up once he felt that they were being tugged away from him.

He had school today, and if he wasn't up by half past six, his grandfather would have his younger sister pester the living daylights out of him.

"We're not late! School doesn't start for another two hours," Kyungsoo replied from under the warm covers of his bed.

Before he could even grasp his covers with more force, his sister had already hauled them away from him. There he was, curled up in a ball on his bed; still in his sleepwear. Kyungsoo had to admit, he felt because there wasn't the protection of his covers to keep him isolated from the outside. Getting up without much difficulty, he shot a glare to his sister. He was already suprised when he saw her already dressed in her uniform.

"Do Kyungeun... You're going to pay," Kyungsoo sat crossed leg on his bed, facing his sister as he did so. The lights were on, and the radiant light illuminating from them made him squint his eyes.

"You don't scare me with your threats Soo," Kyungeun chuckled, patting down the stray strands of hair standing up from Kyungsoo's head. 

Kyungsoo let out a medium pitched groan, falling back flatly on his bed when his sister exited the room. He stretched his arms out, turning his head to his right where his study table stood. He had a board too, where various pieces of papers were pinned. It was just that they weren't notes- they were crimes. On his desk, he had various crime files which his grandfather had gave him to observe. Anything to do with crime was his passion, he just really enjoyed it when he could imagine himself arresting a murder he had found himself with all the clues he gathered.

But, was it possible that he would really make the best detective?

Kyungsoo sat upright, glancing over to his various books that lay on the floor. He majored in Criminal Justice, just how his grandfather preferred. He knew he aspired to be a detective, there was just this feeling inside him that wasn't sure. Being a detective was life threatening, that was why he wasn't sure. It saved lives, but if the saviour dies, then who'll continue to save the other lives?

The boy jumped out of bed, and proceeded to prepare for school. He still had his sister he needed to accompany.

{...}

 

"I'll pick you up later, so make sure you come out at the right time. Sharp," Kyungsoo poked a finger against his sister's forehead, which made the younger yelp in pain at how much force he applied.

"Alright, alright," Kyungeun chuckled, disappearing off in to the school compound with Kyungsoo watching until she entered safely.

Once he had done that, Kyungsoo stuffed his hands in his pockets as he made his way to his university that was a 10 minute walk. Several cars passed by him, people crossed roads normally, everything was just the same. There wasn't the anything going-

"HELP! HELP! Thief! Pickpocket!" An old lady screamed, her weak legs chasing after what seemed to be a man dressed in black. He ran faster than her of course, with a purse in his hands. It wasn't everyday that a situation like this happened.

Kyungsoo already knew what he had to do.

He ran, he sprinted with all the energy he could use. His sight hadn't left the thief, and he was still catching up to him. Even if he had the tremendous amount of books to carry on his back, he could deal with it. The thing the mattered now was to seize the thief. There were lots of obstacles Kyungsoo had to avoid, like the stalls, the people and the crossroads.

The latter assumed the thief knew that he was chasing him, so he sped up his pace 10 times faster. They were just a few metres away, it was the right time to grab ahold of his collar. Kyungsoo extended his hand, it was in splitting distance...

"LET GO OF ME-" The masked man shouted as Kyungsoo locked his hands behind his back, disabling him from moving or making another further attacks. He had strength, but no one could underestimate Kyungsoo's eventhough he seemed punier compared to other men. The masked man only struggled, making Kyungsoo tighten his grip around his wrists until he shrieked in pain.

"Hand the purse," Kyungsoo said silently behind the man's ear.

"Alright! Alright! Son of a- Ow!" Kyungsoo snatched the purse from the man, giving a slap across his head with the bulky purse because he disliked the man's attitude towards him. 

"Should I give you a second chance and let you go," Staring back at the man with those disturbing eyes of his, the man started to avert his attention on something else, for he knew he would have nightmares when he remembered the boy's face. Kyungsoo continued, "Or should I..." He flung out his phone slowly, the retrieved stolen purse still in his hands, "Call the police?"

The man enlarged his eyes in shock, he was stunned how this boy who looked like a mere student could catch him so easily just like that. He had no choice though, he didn't want to be turned in. Kyungsoo was nice enough to give him a second chance.

But before he could respond, the echo of police sirens got closer and closer until Kyungsoo could hear it like the sirens were right beside his ear. Well, that was convenient. He kind of pitied the man since he was sincerely going to let him go as a s

Please log in to read the full chapter