Chapter 2

EXO: The First Mystery
Please log in to read the full chapter

Extra Note from Victoria_luhan:

Since the story is written by 4

different people, we may have different styles. There might also have slight confusions because we all have different opinions, so... contents may be changed. That's all! Enjoy the story!

Suho led the three detectives down the sidewalk away from the soju bar where numerous police cars were still gathered. They walked in stillness, there was nothing to talk about anyway. 

Luhan couldn't help to catch a glimpse at Kyungsoo, who had taken the blow of the chair for him just now. He never worried about people, but Kyungsoo was the first out of every student in the university that had ever cared to interfere in his matters. And for once in a long time, the cold mysterious Luhan felt... guilty. 

He spotted distinct swellings on his arm, that were beginning to turn a shade of purple. Luhan's gaze trailed to Kyungsoo's as he was walking beside him, at a reasonable distance. Two of their eyes came in contact for a split second before Kyungsoo noticed what the latter was staring at, and hid his arms from him in panic. Turning his stare from Kyungsoo, Luhan blinked, I never said thanks for that...

It was then that Suho came to an abrupt stop, in front of a high rise building. Located on one of the main streets of Gangnam that served as a business and shopping area, this building was like every other, nothing really suspicious about it. 

"I guess all of your families must be worried about you, considering it's almost approaching to 12 midnight," Suho turned to the three boys, hands resting behind his back, "So that's why I'm telling you now. Come here tomorrow after school and I'll tell you all about this job, alright?"

"O-okay, s-sir..." Kyungsoo and Baekhyun replied in unison while Luhan stared at the floor.

Suho let out a fulfilled smile, flashing his pearly whites in the process, "Great! Now hurry along, what do you think your teacher's going to do to you if you show up tardy?"

Well, Suho didn't know they were suspended yet...

"Actually... we got suspended," Baekhyun said.

"Oh, is that so?" Suho nodded, "Then meet me here 11 sharp! Hurry along now."

Baekhyun almost forgot that his mother would probably be waiting at home right now. With no other thoughts apart from his furious mother, Baekhyun darted at top speed in front of Kyungsoo and Luhan before making a left turn and disappearing. Luhan though, faced his back to the remaining 2 who stood at their positions, hands stuffed in his jacket pockets as he sauntered away.

"Well, leader..." Kyungsoo cleared his throat, "I'll be taking my leave then, I guess."

Suho nodded in understanding, approaching Kyungsoo to give him a pat on the back, "Alright, and you know, I'm sure you'll know how to put your team together."

Well, all 3 of them were still awkward, but how was Kyungsoo going to get them to be the best of friends? All he ever did was give them short glances whenever he passed the cafeteria. He wasn't sure if Luhan or Baekhyun would cooperate, he barely knew about their backgrounds, neither did they know about his.

Kyungsoo gave a half hearted nod, and went the same way Baekhyun had ran off to just now. Leaving Suho staring back at both directions where his new recruits had vanished.

{...}

The house was dark, almost like nobody was in the house. Only some dim light illuminated from one of the rooms over the concrete walls of his house if Kyungsoo jumped high enough. It was probably his sister studying for her exams.

Of course, who would wander the streets at 12 midnight?

Kyungsoo tried really hard to not make a sound, but he knew that when he opened the creaky wood gates of his place, it echoed through the neighbourhood. He squeezed his eyes at the high pitched squeak. When his gate was opened an acceptable distance Kyungsoo could easily squeeze through, he took a quick look at the narrow streets of traditional Korean houses. Thankfully, no one was awakened or complaning.

He closed the big wood gates of his place, closing his eyes as his back slowly slid down the door.

"I see you're finally back," That aged wise voice made Kyungsoo open his eyes, he fell on the ground in surprise.

"G-grandpa..." He was screwed for sure, "You're not asleep....?"

"You idiot!" His grandfather emerged from the darkness of the exposed living room. His strict face was clear under the moonlight, towering over Kyungsoo. He wiped his hand on his traditional hanbok, and slapped Kyungsoo straight on the head after that, "Do you not expect me to worry when my grandson isn't back by midnight!? Where'd you go!? Drinking? Troublemaking... oh god... YOU WENT TO THE STRIP CLUB DIDN'T YOU!?"

"GOD GRANDPA!" Kyungsoo placed a hand over his head so his grandfather would refrain from hitting him, "I DIDN'T GO TO A STRIP CLUB! I just went... studying! Research for a project with..."

Kyungsoo new he would regret lying to his grandfather, because he did want to go for drinking. It wasn't counted since he never had a sip of his soju anyways.  And to be honest, he didn't have a project... but this would be the best excuse.

"With?" His grandfather raised an eyebrow.

"Baekhyun! And Luhan!" Those names were the only ones that popped up in his mind.

"I've never heard of them before..." Kyungsoo's grandfather was not simple to fool. He knew his grandson didn't do projects often, and when he did he would do it by himself. He was getting close...

"Oh, it's because they just transferred and the teacher said it was a group work!" All the lies made Kyungsoo feel like puking.

His grandfather paused, nodding a little after that, "Alright, I see. Just go back to your room, and if I ever catch you coming late you'll regret becoming my grandson!" He shooed Kyungsoo away with a slap across the head. Once Kyungsoo had slid closed the doors of his room, his grandfather let out a sigh, shaking his head, This boy was never good at lying. If it's something, just tell me already Do Kyungsoo...

As soon as Kyungsoo entered his room he fell back on his bed, breathing heavily. This was the most complicated day in his life. First he saved someone. After that he saved Luhan from most likely earning a concussion on the head. But no, he doesn't get recognised for his actions, he gets suspended instead. Lastly, he gets recruited by this odd 20 something year old man for a job he doesn't know about.

He was lucky he hid the bruises from his grandfather, but how was he going to tell him that he was suspended? Well, he wasn't going to tell him, he had a plan. H

Please log in to read the full chapter