[Poster] Simple cute / comedy

SECRET Tutorials

      Kata here with a brand new tutorial. So, have you ever encountered the problem of not being sure about the genre of your request / your own fic that you want to make a poster for? Here is an easy way to make a not so bright but still fluffy poster :D Works well for 1-2-3-4 characters, maybe even more depending on the placement.

 

 

                                                                                         First of all, open your canvas. I used 450x700 one :D

 

                                                                               FSCaIXA.png

Create a fill layer with any pattern / color / gradient you wish. Choosing a simple one is the better option this time.

 

                                                                     w7JY8qn.png

Add your character(s)

 

                                                                      GKeA072.png

Next, make a selection like the one below, and fill it with the color of your background. You can add drop shadow to it if you want, this time, I choose not to.

                                                                        1nqhrkv.png

This step is optional. If you a 'neater' look, or if your characters differ too much in skin-color and you don't want to spend hours coloring them, add a black and white layer to them before linking it to their layers. Make sure to adjust their brightness to make them fit the poster more. You can also play with only making one of the characters black and white and the rest colored (or one colored - rest are b&w can be a good idea, too)

 

                                                                           qpZlpD6.png

Here comes the fun part. Add PNGs / brushes / textures, so ANYTHING that you think fits. Important: don't add too many. Cover the cutoff parts of the characters if there are any, and make sure that whatever you add, matches in color so nothing seems to stand out. Remember, with this poster, it's not our goal to make something that shouts 'WOHOO I'M HERE'

 

                                                                                     WjDsW81.png

Add: colorings and text (quote, credtis, etc.) Adjust here and there, and you're done :D

                                                                                     BNDyIeT.png

 

My outcome:

 

                                                                                     unbIbQm.png

Other examples:

 

                              LjchH2g.pngCLaM5jI.pngmSetKIU.pngn6wlKAA.png

(pretty much all of my cute / romcom posters :D)

TASK: Make a poster according to the tutorial above. Use anyone you would like. Theme is fluff / cute.

Deadline: 11.21