Part VIII

Kidnapping in Seoul

SeungHyun threw himself on one of those ex-chairs and just stood there, watching Briana. From time to time, he rubbed his sweaty hands on his pajama pants, or he cleaned his forehead with the hollow of his hand. He knew he had to help her out only that he didn't know how to do that yet... and why did Ally had to undress her? Wasn't enough to just uncover that one shoulder? And why did he care that she was half- anyway? His eyes got lost on her bloody shoulder making his heart skip a beat once again. Well... yes, she couldn't uncover just that one shoulder because of the turtle neck sweater he reconsidered.  All of those thoughts came before he could even blink twice.  After a short sigh used to muster up his courage, he slowly glided next to her and his eyes widened: he couldn’t see this from where he was standing...

“Don’t cry… I won’t hurt you…” he whispered.

All of a sudden he found his thumb wiping away the tears from her eyes.

She opened them, but she had no courage to look at him. She felt that touch in ways that for every normal human in her situation wouldn't even be tolerated. She bit her lower lip and new tears left her eyes when he took off his pajama blouse to reach the white undervest underneath it. He used his teeth to rip it in half then he helped her to get a little up; one half of the undervest used it to cover her wound and the other to bound it around her shoulder.

“Thank you…” she finally spoke, squeezing tight on her sweater, the only thing she could use for cover.

It was time for her to recon that she indeed fancied about him from the first time his picture popped up on Lee's computer screen.  Her eyes hit the bruised spots on his body and new burning tears came out with a heavy sigh - they were anger tears this time, anger on the way she used to live her life up 'till now and mostly, more than anything else she despised the fact that she allowed Lee to become her lover every now and then.

It already became a habit of his so SeungHyun once again misread her tears.  Judging that she might cry because she feared him he caught her face in his hands again, looking for her eyes.

“I…” she tried to speak but the lump in made even the bare breathing painful.

Not prior to any sort of thought, he suddenly felt a burning desire to kiss her, so he leaned over covering her lips, without even noticing the human shadow closing in.

Neither did Briana, she just felt like a strong fire consumed her from inside out, making dry, igniting her lips. In a mostly self-moving way, they lay back on the floor, their hearts meeting one on one - that first rhythmless beat turned into a perfectly tuned rhythm that could barely pace their gliding-one-under-the-other lips.

 

"Why did you do it?" DaeSung asked while he was discreetly pushed away from Ally.

"I..." JiYong spoke but unable to finish it up.

"You're not gonna hurt her, are you?" DaeSung asked climbing down from the railcar. "Are you?..." he came back with the question when his answer wouldn't come.

"Eaxctly!" the young SeungRi silently approached them when DaeSung rolled around waiting for Ji to also climb down. "She did save our lives..."

"She wouldn't have had to if she wouldn't...." JiYong snapped but he felt too ashamed to even pronounce the word 'kidnap'! How did a weak girl like her even cope to... He clenched his eyes out of incapacity to say that ignominious word but quickly widened them back up when Ally's smile appeared before them.

"JiYong-ah" DaeSung caught his arm to make him climb down too. "Come on, let's take SeungHyun and just get out of here..."

"I'm afraid we can't really do that now..." YoungBae walked to them.

"What do you mean?"

"Why?"

"He's... a little busy at the moment..." YoungBae smiled lowering his eyes.

"What?..." JiYong thought he misunderstood his gesture.

"What do you mean?" SeungRi stepped once but YoungBae caught his shoulder.

"It's just for two... what they're doing" he whispered mostly to himself, smiling again.

"Where are you going now?" DaeSung asked when JiYong turned around to get back inside the railcar.

"It's ok. I promise I won't do anything wrong."

"Can we come too? I don't want to stay here..." SeungRi was ready to follow him up, but YoungBae stopped him again. 

"What?..."

"Let's just trust him on this one, ok?" DaeSung said even if he'd actually really want to follow JiYong inside. "Let's just... umm... find a way to... get away from here" he spoke dragging SeungRi further from the cart.       

 

Ji stopped near the first window, eye following the boys as they slowly got a little further away and took a short sigh. YoungBae's words still rang in the back of his ears making him to softly smile unknowingly.  Ally's smile came back before his eyes but again he refused it shaking his head.

'No! I'm not gonna allow her to turn me into a mindless..." he quarreled with himself but the image of her milky white throat and red cherry lips added one more heartbeat in his chest. He scoffed, ruffling his hair in anger but then he spotted her: Ally curled between the seats. She wasn’t afraid to move, but yet she wasn’t doing it. She was being busy arguing with herself because instead of worrying for her friend and coming up with a plan to escape,  she could only think of that ‘JiYong brat’s ' wide smile that invaded her personal space every time she closed her eyes. She wanted that smile… she needed that smile even if she couldn’t understand why. She wanted it to lighten up her night as it used to do when she secretly peeped at it on Briana’s telephone screen. She curled even more when she acknowledged the presence of someone else in there. She knew it must've been any of the boys since JiYong would be too angry to come back to her without starting a fight so she instantly created a plan: all kinds of sad things were forced into her mind because she needed some quick tears that didn't delay to appear.

JiYong's hunter nature was triggered by the sudden imagine of Ally back in the empty parking lot where he stared into her eyes for the first time' the same floral scent helped him to quickly draft the way he was going to grab her by the hair and force their escape out of her. He settled the rough details of the plan and walked towards her with confidence.  

 Ally completely forgot about her teary plan and just followed him as he dangled his way up to her. He looked different, his eyeballs looked smaller and somehow lost in the upper part of his eyes...  He looked possessed so she easily stood up to face him. He surely didn't expect that kind of reaction that froze him for a half of second but he quickly regained control over his limbs and caught her by the hair. The next thing that followed threw the both of them into a short mental lockdown: instead of whispering what he planned a couple of moments ago, his lips muttered something that sounded like a verse from the song she used to replay over and over ‘I won’t deny it, nor fight it…” …at least that’s what she understood.

“What?...” she tried to speak but his mouth almost swallowed hers into a very passionate kiss taking her breath away for several moments. She smiled when she felt her hands finally free. Her first motion should've been to strip the knife off of him, but instead, she hung on the edge of his blouse stripping that away, continuously kissing him, his ribs tattoo.

 

“This is so unfair!...” SeungRi sighed, sitting next to DaeSung.

"What is?"

“They too?” Taeyang asked smiling after he retraced SeungRi's path.

“Yeah…” SeungRi pouted.

“Big brothers beat you off, this is bad… so bad!” DaeSung poked him laughing.

SeungRi had a reputation of a ladies man.

“Yup, but… beyond any joke, I really don’t think we should leave them alone right now…” Taeyang said getting up.

“You wanna join them?” SeungRi laughed with really small eyes.

“You have such a dirty mind…” DaeSung chided him.

“C’mon, there are three of us and two railcars… which one do you choose?” SeungRi wouldn’t stop mocking.

“Oh, do I get to pick first?” Taeyang played along. “I take this one, you take that one! Is that good?” he laughed walking on the opposite way of the place he pointed.

“Hey…” SeungRi whispered to DaeSung “…but… what if SOMETHING really happens… then what?... I mean... they are just kissing... right? Like... nothing more... right?” the young SeungRi kept on asking mostly for himself, making supernatural efforts to stay put and not go spying on them.

“Fighting!” DaeSung whispered back, throwing one fist in the air, to look more courageous.

They all three decided to move even further from the railcars; they looked for a comfortable place to sit on one of the tracks and continued their silly chat.

 

She couldn't tell how much time had passed but Briana drank on SeungHyun's every move, still unable to believe what plainly happened and absolutely forgetting about her gunshot wound.

 After the silky pants laid back on his well-defined waist, SeungHyun bent over to also take his blouse, but he didn’t use it on him though - he covered her shoulders. She slowly slid inside it and he buttoned her all the way up to under her chin, smiling gently.

 

JiYong glued his ear on Ally's chest, calming down his breaths at once with her running heart. As much as he feared that feeling, he completely abandoned himself to it. Ally kept looking at him, caressing his soft blonde hair… she couldn’t find any word to say. She was happy! She finally got that long craved smile and she wouldn’t want anything to break this spell. It was finally quiet, the fiery pit of guilt stopped feeding on her insides. She was absent-mindedly his hair when she thought he heard something like a gun lock. 

“What was that?” she suddenly whispered, out of habit suspecting JiYong - he didn't have the gun, it was right next to her, under a seat, so she quickly looked around:  “Where are the boys?”

JiYong stood up a little to watch beyond the chairs, then looked under them – he could see nothing.

“Not here"  he said stretching his way up to his clothes "I really don’t know…” he waited for Ally to quickly dress up too.

 

“I…” Briana wanted to start the conversation when SeungHyung’s big hand covered .

“Ssst!” he stopped her hearing the same clicking noise. 

He easily looked around to make sure nobody else was inside but them, then tiptoed to the window and slowly raised an eye to look outside. Without a word, he quickly grabbed the gun he had put under one of the seats and covered Briana with his body, holding her thigh. She had no time to ask anything, because the burst of fire answered her unspoken question, cracking the remained window-glass, and putting holes into the railcar’s shell.

“Brianaaaaa!” Lee's husky voice yelled his lungs out. “Ally!!”

Quiet again. No answer from anyone.

“You filthy cowards! C’mon out! Stop hiding under the woman’s dress!” Lee tried again timing his yell with a new gunfire discharge.

“Kwon JiYong?” Ally whispered.

“Yes?” Ji answered a little scared.

“Thank you!” she said smiling gently. "Please trust me!" she added.

He answered back to her smile, thinking she was probably afraid for her life and she was saying her good-byes. He leaned in for a kiss to cheer her up when she stuck her hand in his hair and glued the gun she picked up beforehand, under his chin, but not before answering his kiss.

“Lee!” she yelled as hard as she could. “You moron! You’ve come to save me or burry me?”