Part one...

Kidnapping in Seoul

 

Even though night had already thrown its black cloak all over, she had no problem in edging between the narrow streets of Mokpo, South Korea. Her high heels brought to life every single paving stone she stepped on. After a short while, their noise got an echo making her hand to hold out. A black glove stretched out too to allow the five delicate five fingers clench to it easily.

“Any idea what’s up now?” the soft voice asked as easily as she walked, moving her fingers up, on the glove's owner arm.

“Nope, but I surely wanna find it out”, said the brunette taking off her gloves.  “Your hands are frozen! Take this!”

“Thanks!” her friend smiled fondly. “I was such in a hurry that I forgot about it”, she said putting them on. 

In a few more steps on the dark , narrow alley, they stopped in front of a simple door, knocked twice then entered.

“Hi there, Mathias!” the brunette joyed giving her coat to a roundish sweet old man.

“Welcome, Miss Ally, Miss Briana. He’s waiting for you up stairs.” he said sending their way the most sincere smile.

“Thank you”, Briana smiled back with a short bow following her friend up the stairs.

From outside it looked like a very small room, but once you got by the dark, austere hallway, the cheap glamour smashed your eyes. One could find every thing in there, from famous paintings to pointless curtains and tasteless kitsch. The girls both smiled at that tasteless scenery and stopped in front of a big oak door. Ally, the dark-haired, tall girl, pushed the door handle someway nosily stomping in, followed by Brianna's gentle steps. 

“Girls!! You moved so fast!”  a man said smiling arrogantly, without even getting up from  his way-too comfortable armchair.  “Missed me that much?” he kept on mocking them with a smirk.

“Yeah, we did if you got somethin` for us”, Ally smiled.  

She sat on the left arm of the armchair greeting him with a smack on his head.

“You know, other people don’t treat their boss like that”, the man pouted.

“We are partners, not subordinates”, Briana’s annoyingly calm voice interrupted him and Ally uphold her with a large smile.

“Ok, look… I know we haven’t done this before, but you’ll manage”, said the man finally getting up with a heartily sigh. 

 Although he wasn’t in his first youth any more, you could easily mistook him for a 30-ish man; he wasn’t really tall, but his dark hair and almond eyes perfectly completed his figure whose central attraction were the full, sharp lips,  and his stretched turtleneck sweater gave away the long hours at the gym. He guided them with one sign to follow him to a nice, flower-decorated desk in the opposite corner of the room. If they wouldn't know better, they could've swear he was finding it difficult to talk to them, so things just became a hundred times more interesting. Briana moved her hand over the delicate flowers, then, when she reached him, she rested her elbows on his shoulders, looking over to the computer screen on the desk.

After a couple of moments and about two mouse clicks, one picture took over the screen.

“What about them?” Ally frowned.

“They are your target”, he said in a loud laughter.

“2,3,5… aren’t they too much for just the two of us?” Briana asked without taking her eyes off of the computer screen.   

“Neah, you won’t have any troubles at all. They’re I. D. O. L. S.*”, he spelled, underlining they were no good anyhow.

“I. D. O. L. S.”, Ally quoted him, “equals bodyguards and staff always around them...”

“Well, that’s why I asked for you, if it were an easy job, I would’ve sent someone else”, the man pouted again lighting up a cigar.

“Someday this little ers're gonna kill you ”, Ally hopped on throwing the cigar in a clean ashtray.

The man smiled at her thoughtful way of being, even thought on the outside Ally's almond-smokey eyes and her sharp facial features nominated her as just a gorgeous porcelain ice queen; even her long, straight, black hair had icy reflexion on it.   

“So… what they did wrong?” Briana asked clicking the mouse.

“They’re rich”, came the man’s amused answer.

“So? What good would they do to you if they’d be two feet underground?” Ally joined his amusement. “Oh, we’re not gonna… “, she stopped smiling when he put on a very pleased face.

“I don’t want them... dead" the man crossed his arms on his chest. "My bank account ain’t what it used to be, so I need my rabbies…”

“I don’t get it…” Briana whispered still clicking on the mouse, changing picture after picture on the screen.

“Now we’re kidnappers too?” Ally burst out laughing.

“We all have to be a little flexible, don’t we?” he raised his eyebrows in a very innocent figure.

“Yeah…”, Briana answered after she allayed Ally's first impulse with just a short look exchange.  She stretched her hand to get the newly printed picture. “Ok, we're in. So? Where too?” she asked carefully folding the picture and gently stuffing it into her coat's pocket. That's just what she was: a gentle, tender, sweet princess. Her wavy, red, log hair, forever coming along with the fully red lips and big almond eyes, went hand-on-hand with her extremely soft movements and haute-couture clothing. If one looked at her from the outside could've never guessed that she was actually, along with her partner, Ally, one of Korea's top paid loan-sharks' mercenaries. 

"So? Where are we going?" Ally reinforced the question since they got no answer yet.     

“Ah... Seoul…” he answered with a victory smile, lighting up a new cigar.

 

 

The busy streets of Hongdae swarmed with people and some of the most expensive cars made Seoul feel even more appealing to Briana's already boosted ego. She took a deep breath smiling at what seemed to be a schedule or some sort. All kind of scrawls were written all over the edges, dates and hours that she was now easily deleting with the notepad's pen. 

"Here is your coffee, miss" the waiter's voice forced her to quickly turn off the gadget and smile.

"Yes... thank you..." she answered without haste.

"But isn't it a little too late for coffee?" the waiter smiled. "It's almost 10 o'clock..." he tried a joke but Briana's poker face dispirited him. "Umm... May i help you with anything else?" he switched it back to profesional talk.

"No, thank you so much" she elegantly declined through a short seated bow. 

The waiter was getting ready to answer back when a rather tall, dark haired man passed by him, smiling. His attitude and posture, with one hand inside the pants' pocket, his hair slicked on one side and sharp, playful eyes, his Louis Vuitton leather jacket and the confidence that came along with it, could easily pinpoint to anyone that he wasn't just an average someone.

Briana took an invisible sigh and rolled her eyes underneath the oversize mirror sun-glasses. With one discreet long touch on her notepad she deleted the entire sheet she was studding a couple of minutes ago.

"Ah! Welcome!" the waiter took a deep bow, following the man. "Our SeungRi-ssi really became a regular here!" he said without being able to contain his happiness, making Briana smile softly too. 

She got up, ready to step once when the waiter's voice brought a change on her plans:

"Are you here alone today, sir?" he asked.

"No" the answer came in a playful tone, along with some heel's taps.

Briana eye followed the skinny, model-like-woman arrogantly passing by her. She blinked in disbelief and sat back down with an amused puff.  She put her sunglasses next to the white coffee cup, crossed her legs and without any other movments she starred at the woman until she sat next to the man called SeungRi. She took a bored sigh as she put the sunglasses back on.  The watch on her notepad made her eyes roll again when she softly checked on it. It was already passed noon and she was still there, sipping on a half empty cold coffee. Suddenly a soft smile flourished on her lips: 

"I'll be right back" SeungRi's date announced him with a big smile that turned into a glare when she turned around and faced Briana's table.

"What's wrong with that girl?" Briana muttered to herself almost smiling. "People these days..." she kept on the mumbles, reaching for her handbag while easily getting up too. 

In less than six steps she reached the ladies bathroom door. She stepped inside - the arogant woman was still inside the toilet booth. After a quick checkup on the second booth, Briana softly smiled and loudly turned the bathroom's door knob to lock it.

"Huh? What was that?" SeungRi's date could only think as the water gush froze her heart, but not much as the following knocks on the door did. 

"Excuse me" she could hear a soft voice that calmed her back.

"Um... t-this one is taken..." she hurried to speak.

"I know" Briana answered in the same soft voice scrapping the glass soap holder on the sink's porcelain edge. 

The woman did not know how to react; she looked for her cellphone but quickly remembered she left it on the table. She took a deep breath and glued her ear to the door: there was no other noise than the water flowing. She tried to unlock the booth's door as silent as she could. 

Briana smiled taking a step back behind the door. 

The woman peeked outside but she didn't see anyone. With a little more confidence she dashed to the sink to stop the water and maybe refresh herself a little but Briana's reflection was the last think she saw. Suddenly she turned to face her but the masive glass holder smashed onto her head.

Briana quickly caught her so that it won’t make any noise when she’d fall.

"You should really change that attitude of yours" were the last words she heard before everything turned black and silent. 

"Oh, and you should definitely need to start eating" Briana laughed as she placed her back on the toilet seat after she smudged her blooded head on the sharp corner of the toilet tank. 

She diligently washed her hands and stepped out the bathroom, but froze on the door: SeungRi was just a step away from her. 

"Excuse me..." he said. "Is there anyone ...in-inside...?" he couldn't finish his sentence because of the tear climbing down from underneath Briana's glasses. “Are... are you OK?”…he was lost for words.

"Yes... Yes, i'm sorry..." Briana looked for a handkerchief inside her small bag but SeungRi was faster and stretched out a paper tissue.

She could barely abstain her smile: she had to cry right now so another tear came stumbling down as she pickpocket hers to accept SeungRi's tissue.

"Are you alright?" he asked again.

“It’s all right…” she answered. "Oh... your girlfriend is waiting for you inside" she spoke so slowly that he actually had to lean over so he could hear her.

“Excuse me, i didn't get that. What did you say?... She...W... Inside...?" he spoke as he shyly peeked inside the bathroom when Briana opened the door.  She took a step back so he could get inside. "What is that??" he burst in when the blood stain from the toilet booth became visible. As an automatic response he quickly looked for Briana's face. His eyes doubled when they hit her wide smile.

"Sssh..." Briana caught his hair, pressing a silk white tissue against his nose. He tried to grab her, but she was quicker to step behind him. At first, he didn’t understood her reaction, but in a matter of seconds his legs began to fail him as he inhaled that sweet scent; his arms stopped fighting the air and a whole numbness took over his entire body.

"Don't worry, she'll be alright" she whispered in his ear. "C'mon, lean on me" she threw his left arm over her shoulders when he started struggling to keep his eyes opened. "Ah... I told you to stop drinking so much, darling" she smiled mostly dragging him towards the restaurant's exit.