Part VI

Kidnapping in Seoul

“Thank you” Briana heard the most charming voice ever.  She would’ve ask him what for, but for the moment she forgot how to open the mouth. She tried not to watch him, hoping that he will go away if just ignored him, so she proceeded to stuff the cutlery in a paper bag.

SeungHyun had had his plan on the plate so he wouldn't back down. He was a little disappointed on her lack of reaction so he imagined that taking the things to a higher lever will bring him the most desired success . He caught her hand.

“What?” she managed to flare up at him, even if a strange numbness stung her feet and it quickly made its way up `till the tips of her ears, coloring them.

This was the response SeungHyun was hoping for. With a huge smile inside him, but no reaction whatsoever on the outside, he took her face in his palms and glued his lips onto hers.

At first Briana felt like she caught fire, but after a short while started to follow the lead of his lips especially when she felt his hand gliding down towards her belt where the small, silver gun was.

The click that the gun made, flourished a devilish smile on SeungHyun’s lips that unfortunately disappeared quicker than his mind was able to comprehend what just happened. He struggled to swallow a short  inch of air through the knife’s sharp head that butted against his trachea.

“Not yet” Briana whispered slowly, barely ping her small lips from his.

She stretched out her hand as much as she needed to recover her gun.

With no other words she mimed him to go sit next to his friends while she also dangled towards her computer, where Ally just gulped down her chuckle. 

“See what happens if you’re too soft…?” Ally whispered when Briana sat next to her.

"Shut up" she muttered as she had to easily wipe away two teardrops, with a gesture that coined on SeungHyun’s mind. Miss understanding it for a deep heartache it just kept playing and replaying over and over again, making him unable to move for several moments. 

Actually, Briana was indeed a little hurt but what ate her the most was that everybody else had to witness her humiliation. 

"You ok?" Ally hummed again.

"Mhm" Briana nodded. "Let's end this tonight" she scowled at Seunghyun, that couldn't see her anymore since he already sagged his head on the ground.  

“Nobody sleeps tonight! No one will close their eyes!” JiYong whispered. “This is it, guys! Tonight we’re leaving! It’s just two of them and 5 of us! The hell?” he yelled through a whisper.

“Bro…” Daesung slowly started whispering too. “I can’t do it. I’m sorry… but I’ll never hit a woman… no matter what…”

“Oh, pHlease!” JiYong exhaled a little louder than he should have, drawing the girl’s attention.

Ally draw a smile, and their same song as before.

“Honestly, they’re mocking us right now…” Daesung continued talking without looking at anyone.

“SeungRi-Ah!” JiYong faced hid friend, also understanding the girl's mockery. 

“Yes, brother?”

“Go keep them busy!”

“OK!” SeungRi nodded.

Ally nudged Briana. They both smiled at SeungRi all the way he slowly walked to them.

“Yes?” Ally tacked him first.

“Um… why do you keep on listening just this one song?”  was the first thing that came out from his mouth.

“Does it bother you?” Ally asked amused, while Briana moved over to invite their new friend to join them.

“To be totally honest… It kind of does… You know, my part isn’t too big in here. May I?” he asked for permission trying to reach the keyboard.

 In less than 2 seconds another song began playing, a song that judging from the music video was actually one of his singles. He giggled and the girls played thrilled; they even asked him about certain parts in the video, but they were actually keeping all the others under strict observation.

                                                           *

It was late: the watch Briana had on her wrist showed 3:25. It was so quiet, only the light remained up and glowing, everybody else were asleep: the boys were all rounded up, one next to the other; Briana fell hands crossed on her computer table and Ally nestled somewhere in the corner, between some board boxes.

SeungHyun yawned opening his eyes really slow and sleepy; he circled them around a bit, then he easily touched JiYong.

When he felt that touch, JiYong jumped up in such a mechanical move dar his friend had to slow him down; he quickly nodded and  turned calm again. .. he plainly couldn't understand how or why did he fell asleep so quickly, but he concluded that the girls must've put some pills in their food again. He silently woke up everybody else, signaling them to keep it quiet. After he checked the surroundings a little, he tiptoed to Briana and simply stopped at the corner of the table.

"What?" Seunghyun mimed. 

He wasn't sure what or if he could answer it, but Briana's gun was resting on the table, inches away from her, next to the kitchen knife. 

"So what?" SeungHyung spoke through his hands up in the air.

Something wasn't right but Ally’s sudden change of position made him watch her inactivating any other thought he might've get. 

He worked his way up to her after soundlessly passing the two weapons to SeungHyun. 

She seemed to sleep so peacefully:  one hand covering her tummy and the other hanging down, almost touching the floor; her black fringes curled up covering half of her face and her neck was just so exposed that for several minutes he lost himself following on the veins pulsing through that way-too-white-skin of hers. He even had time to crack a joke with himself, thinking that now he could finally understand vampires and their sudden desire to hook on that type of  throat. His hands got up on their free will, closing in...  could he strangle her?... Or  kiss her?...  He still wasn’t sure what he was supposed to do nor why did the kissing option even popped up... One thing gruesomely became true: his hands touched her, slowly curling their fingers on her warm skin. He violently blinked several times, having an inner fight.  Unfortunately, this short moment of hesitation cost him much: Ally stuffed the long pipe of her gun below his chin. 

She smiled.

“Next time…” she talked without opening her eyes “…don’t hesitate. Try to be more determined.”

With one quick move she caught his hand putting it on the gun handle and glue it to her own forehead.

“Don’t ever hesitate! You won’t have time!” she said glaring him straight in his eyes.

Before his reaction could come, the big iron doors creaked and a disturbed Lee barged in.

 “Still no sign! What the …” he planned on finishing his sentence but he wasn't able to: a free and untied SeungHyun knocked him down with more rage than a big, hungry tiger, punching over and over. This situation didn’t last for long though... the several fight scenes he had to act in his movie were no match for a life time of training, so Lee managed to free himself and turn the odds in his favor.

“Who the let him loose?” he roared.

Daesung decided that there was no time to waste so he snapped at Lee, knocking him down…again.

Lee understood he wasn’t dealing with an amateur anymore, so he deemed it was the right time to go for his ‘emergency’ help – in the very short time he had between DaeSung’s hits, he reached out the gun from his boot’s hidden pocket.

Ally saw his move and quickly understood his intentions. Still holding on JiYong's hand she pushed on it, creeping her finger on the trigger and fired once.

The gunshot made everybody stop for a split second and Lee lose his weapon.

She hung on JiYong’s wrist again, so it will look as he was pointing the gun to her head.

“There’s a door behind those boxes” she quickly whispered to him then she cried for Lee’s help.

 Daesung claimed the gun Lee was rushing to and he also fired once.

"Freze!" he growled.

“Guys, over there” Ji yelled indicating the boxes Ally told him.

YoungBae and SeungRi jumped on them, planning to crash them all at once… maybe they would’ve done it if they were empty, but all the boxes were full of powders and mixed solution used in masonry. After they cursed a little, they both grabbed one and threw it on the ground spreading its contents all over the place, making everybody choke.

Lee took advantage of this: in one move, he disarmed Daesung and pulled the lock on the gun. His first target would be Daesung, but SeungHyung anticipated this so he pounced at his hand, making another bullet go off into thin air. 

"Run!" he dashed at DaeSung pushing him forward.

Lee loaded his gun again.  

Briana guessed his next move, so she rushed to SeungHyun, pushing him behind some boxes.

Lee fired.

With an automatic move, Briana grabbed her shoulder covering the spurt of blood transcending in between her clogged fingers.