Part IV...

Kidnapping in Seoul

 

A big iron gate’s creak made everybody turn their heads all around, and only SeungRi could watch Lee, the girl's 'partner' that sent them here, entering the room with one really big smile.

“I can’t believe this!” he said in a loud laughter trying to free his face from under the rebellious fringes mutiny. His eyes were all swollen and bloodshot with tiny red threads slicing from one end to the other.

Briana took three steps back; she couldn’t sand him when he was like that, so she turned her back at him.

“Honestly girls, I wasn’t expecting this when you said you’ve got something` for me!” he kept on laughing while Ally approached him. “Problems?” he asked loosening everybody’s hoods.

The first glimpse of light had the same impact on anyone.

“Guys!!” they all screamed at once, trying to reach each other, but they all ended as SeungRi.

Lee’s hysterical laughter froze everybody.

“You really should’ve told me!” he insisted. “I should’ve brought my camera if I knew!” he shouted in joy.

Clearly he wasn't the same composed dude as that night in his office. His gestures were sudden and even if he tried to keep them under control, his hands had sudden twitches. He brought both of his hands on his waist, feasting his eyes on the sight.

"But... Why are they so clean, though?" he frowned when the only one who had visible fight signs was SeungHyun who's blood from Briana's hit clogged on the left ear and cheek.  "Uh-oh, this won't do" he said  snapping his fingers. All of a sudden, he grasped at SeungHyun’s collar, punching him.

“What the hell it’s wrong with you?!” Briana jumped holding his hand.

This was exactly why she couldn't stand him when he was high - he was being bossy and unnecessarily violent. Besides, why from all the boys there, he had to pick on the one she liked!

“You want some too?!” he caught her hair but stuck hands up when Ally’s gun touched the back of his neck.

“Told you this will get you killed one day…” she said easily hiding Briana behind her.

“Chill, darlin’ “he said putting his hands up in defeat. “I was just playing. You know I’ll never hurt you” he caressed Ally’s head.

Of course she refused his affection, smacking his hand, then hesitantly hid her gun, after he nodded and smiled.

"It's ok... i'm good, i'm good" Lee mostly mumbled.

 Nevertheless, he wasn’t ready to quit just yet, so he launched a new attack against an already immobilized and knocked down SeungHyun.

“I said stop it!” Ally shouted "If you wanted them dead you should've told us from the beginning! not now, not like this!"

“OK, OK!...” he laughed. “ Chill! I was just having fun, that’s all…” He turned to face Briana: “Why isn’t your face covered?”

“Why isn’t yours?” she asked back without even looking at him.

“`Cos no one'll  live to tell,” he whispered hoping no one will hear him. “Let’s see now…” he lightly walked towards the improvised table of the wooden crates where five phones and wallets, along with a couple of sunglasses filled up the whole space.

"Eeney meeney miney moe ..." he laughed grabbing the golden one. 

SeungHyun swallowed up his anger when his phone waved in Lee's hands.

JiYong also understood what could come next so he did his best to get up at least on his bottom.

"Is this yours?" Lee asked seeing his determination.  “No password? I like this…” he said accessing the phone’s main menu. One vicious smile lit his face. Without haste, he walked towards SeungHyun, ignoring Ji who managed to stand up on his .

 SeungHyun never took his eyes off of him, even though he had difficulties looking through the red trail that covered his eye, draining downwards where more red threads painted his entire mouth and chin. When Lee caught his neck collar, he gathered all the liquids he had inside his mouth and spit his face and even sketch a smile when Lee roared, frenetically looking for his embroidered handkerchief.

“Don't…” he could hear JiYong’s soft voice.

He knew this scene very well, and could anticipate what was about to come but he really had to do it. He quickly rolled into a human ball when a frenzied, Lee threw himself at him, kicking him all over. this didn't last for long, just about five or six seconds that he counted in his mind, when a gunshot  turned everything silent again.

Lee howled with rage looking for the one that had the guts to interrupt him. He met Ally's glare propped by the steaming silver  pistol.

“Do what you have to, and then be gone!”  she calmly said.

Briana backed up her friend by copying her move.

“Girls…” Lee puffed “… I’m afraid you misunderstood your spot in here…” he said boiling with rage.

“I’m afraid you had!” Briana felt the urge to stop him.

“What’s wrong, kiddo? You fancy `bout him?” he snared at her, pushing Ally's gun away with one finger.

He grabbed SeungHyun's hair until their eyes met:

 “I’ll let you choose who to call” he stuck the phone under SeungHyun’s nose. “Shall we call mommy?” he laughed at the picture where a smiling SeungHyun hugged his mother, making him to desperately try sitting up, just to hit him at least once.

“Hold it there, tiger” Lee calmed him down grasping tighter on his hair. “Here!” he said touching the green button on the screen. He glued it to SeungHyun's ear and whispered: “Mind what you’re sayin` 'cause they might be your lasts' “.

“Hello! Hello!” a squeaky manly voice answered at the other end.

JiYong’s eyes widened. It was so much silence in there that they could hear their manager, HyunSuk’s voice.

The other three boys exchanged looks while SeungHyun needed a hard head shake  to throw a weak “Hello...”.

“Hello? Hello??? Yaa! Choi SeungHyun is that you?!?” the man yelled on the telephone making SeungHyun's veins twitch in anger.

“…Sir…” SeungHyun tried to pass on a hidden message since he never in his life adressed his manager with that title.

“Sir?!! Don’t you ‘sir’ me! It’s the second day i can't reach you!!! Where the hell are you?!! It’s this the respect you show me…” the voice got louder and squeaker without being able to sense the hidden message underneath the strange word..

“Wait, SIR…” SeungHyun almost yelled to make him understand something was wrong, but before he's do it, Lee caught on so he pulled on SeungHyun's hair, knocking him on the ground again.

“Shut up and listen!” Lee took over the phone. “In less than 20 minutes check your email!” he said then threw away the phone. “What now?” he innocently raised his eyebrows when he met Briana’s upset face. “See you in 20 minutes!” he proudly smiled walking towards the big iron door, humming an uptight song.

JiYong struggled to win the fight over with some gathering tears.

“Are you OK?” he whispered to SeungHyun who felt facing him.

His friend’s warm smile made him lose focus and the tears came tumbling down. He angrily shook his head to throw them away when his face almost hit the black boots that stopped too close to him. He raised his eyes for all of his hate to met Ally’s covered face. But once again those smokey eyes sent new shivers down his spine.. and they weren't fear shivers. He quickly denied it, taking his eyes off of her but her deep sigh puzzled him ahain. He could feel her trembling hands pushing him up, so he could sit on his knees. What kind of a kidnapper does this? Why did she felt so uneasy? ..Or the worst was yet to come?... All of this thoughts came to his mind in less than a second; he quietly eye-followed her as she helped the others two.

 Briana followed her lead helping SeungHyun. He did his best not to watch her, but that sweet perfume stole him a quick look-in. She also wanted to take a short peek at him, just to make sure he'd be ok but their eyes met, freezing them. She mumbled a really weak and surprisingly “I'm sorry…” when he pulled himself away from her and easily got up.

They all interchanged looks to check on each other: except from being tided up to their elbows everybody else looked ok. They all tried to get a look at their oldest friend who was still fighting with a thin strand of blood covering his left eye but a faint fizz made everybody stare at Ally.

"Umm..." she froze a little at the sudden attention. “Do you?...” she said totally uncapping the water bottle, noticing SeungRi gulping.

All of then turned their eyes away, but SeungRi voice cracked the silence again:

“Wait!...I want some…” he said trying to walk on his knees.

Ally bent over to reach him.

“Thanks…” he said after she fed him the water in an  unsuspected motherly way that made him blush. He switched to watching the floor when his stomach made strange noises.

"Of course!" Briana said "they're here since yesterday morning..."

"What?" SeungRi's voice already turned a little annoying mostly to his friends " I... WE've been out for a whole day??"

"Yes... I'm sorry..." Briana smiled at his stomach's talk again, but quickly hid it at SeunghHyun's scoff.

“I don’t think I can cook what you guys usually eat, but I haven’t yet met someone who won’t enjoy some French fries…” she said heavy-harted.

“No… It's ok! I'll take it” SeungRi made his friend to roll their eyes and even gained a growled "Ugh" from JiYong, but he couldn't care less; right now he was too busy coming up with a way to be able to use his hands.

"Oh... Here, let me ..." Briana said feeding him a chip. 

He accepted with heavy heart thought, because his plan was to get himself untied. He tried to cover his disappointment through  a fake smile, that just turned genuine the moment that piece of food touched his tongue.

The others wouldn’t give up their pride and just stood there, gulping into thin air.

Ally sat next to Briana, luring them.

“I’m not a retard to be fed by others!...” JiYong muffled.

“For the moment you are” came Ally’s amused answer.

She took off the scarf covering her face and stuffed a load full of French fries in . Her white skin and red lips had a strange impact on JiYong who found himself contemplating on her perfectly harmonious figure.

“Oh, I’m so sorry!” they could hear SeungRi funny laughter.

“It’s OK” Briana laughed back rubbing her finger in pain, which he bit in search of food... or on purpose...  “I kind of deserve it, anyway…” she said barely abstaining a laugh, holding his food with only the tip of her fingers.

“Umm… could I…?” DaeSung slowly asked with his pleasant voice.

“Sure!” Ally answered and took her role as a ‘mommy’.

“What the it’s wrong with you!?...” JiYong grouched but turned to stone by Ally's words:

“Play along, maybe they’ve got a plan” she whispered in his ear when she moved closer to DaeSung. To stop any other nasty comments that might have come from him, she stuffed several fries in his mouth. He would’ve spit them immediately if only that salted taste wouldn’t had conquered his taste buds making them thrill with joy. He lowered his eyes chewing too much before he swallowed consumed by guilt. He looked over to SeungHyun who created a more comfortable position, giving up at sitting on his knees resting on his bottom. He stared at the floor, without any move whatsoever, just his eyes got bigger and black shadows veiled them when the big iron door creaked again and Lee stepped in.