Part VII

Kidnapping in Seoul

Her eyes got lost for a short while into Lee’s.

"I'm..." he mumbled lowering his gun.  "Bree!!!" he got to bawl before SeungHyun rolled around in a matter of seconds, ready to answer back at her shove but his retinas stuck on the red fluid washing over her long, shaky fingers. Instead of anything else, he quickly dragged her behind the boxes, fearing that lee might finish her off, but actually he turned into the reason behind Lee's frenetically fire.

"Bree!!! Come out!! NOW!!" he barked again.

Lee's shouts only brought Briana into a squating position that SeungHyun, again, misinterpreted as fear so, unexpectedly he pulled her in his arms. They were protected by the boxes and crates but each of Lee's bullets scattered the cement pother all over the place making it difficult to breath or see, throwing himself in a much worse rage.

JiYong took advantage of this new opportunity and since he had already received his firing lessons, he decided to test his abilities, slowing Lee down, forcing him to look for cover behind piles of cement sacks.

Even though she felt sorry for giving up on this cozy, protective hug, Briana mostly mumbled when the first bullet pierced through the cement filled box:  “Can't you shoot?”

She got no answer, so she changed the question: ”Do you have my gun?”.

As if recently woken up from a dream, SeungHyung quickly nodded his head, automatically taking out the silver pistol from his big pijama's pocket shirt.

"Have you ever fired a gun?" she struggled to load it.

"Not a real one..." he answered.

“Bree!!...” Lee shouted again, “Are you OK?” he asked scratching Briana's ears.

“You will now” she firmly said placing the gun in SeungHyun's hand. "Just.. shoot... don't aim..." she spoke in quick voice, looking over for Ally.

She spotted her several boxes further, helping YoungBae knock over a huge cement crate while SeungRi and DaeSung pulled away the cardboard boxes or paint cans.

"Move!" JiYong finally reached them. "C'mon!" he said firing twice to cover SeungHyun so he could get up.

"You too! Come!" he replied pulling his sleeve before catching Briana's hand.

"Brothers!!" YoungBae shouted for them.

“Let’s go!” SeungRi also yelled when he was able to finally open the door.

The first step outside in the intense darkness froze him for a short point, before Lee’s crazy bullets brutally woke him up. He used all his power to focus on the steps he had to take just to be able to advance in the thick night. The way they felt it seemed like he was running on some sort of railways.  Was this truly ‘the end of the line’? … it crossed his mind but had no time to think details.

"Here!" he shouted to make sure his friends and the girls were to follow him.

 Lee was closing in, shooting wildly.

"Don't run in straight line!" Ally grabbed the first sleeve she could reach, hoping it was Briana's.

In a short while, judging be his roars, Lee was out of bullets.

"You s!!" he yelled from the top of his lungs. "You'll never get out of here alive!! Do you hear me??!" he roared some more. "Briana!!" he growled. "Ugh!! You es!! I'll get you for this!! No one crosses me!!" he kept on screaming but gave up on chasing them because he couldn't see anything at all.

It wasn't long before they could stop running since there was no sign of Lee anywhere. The warm wind scattered the clouds to all four points and the yellow moon light revealed, somewhere not far from them, four silhouettes that looked like railroad cars.

“Where are we?” JiYong asked but he got no answer.

They kept on following the railways without a haste.

Ally was outflanked by JiYong and Taeyang, but none of them realized that she was actually holding tight on JiYong sleeve; SeungRi and DaeSung were the firsts in the row, and Briana was closely followed by SeungHyun who was last in line - from time to time he turned around a little just to make sure nobody was chasing them, but mostly his eyes pined of Briana's sweaty forehead and shaky hands.

Finally, the railcars became visible for good - well, actually one could merely call them railroad cars since they were basically some rectangular wooden carriages, clinched with loads of iron bolts.

“Wow, I haven’t seen one of those in real life…” smiled DaeSung moving his hand along the rusted red paint.

“Where are we?” JiYong came back with his question and just now he visualized that Ally was actually holding onto him and since he didn't want to stop her, he refrained from moving his hand at all.

SeungRi suddenly stopped making everybody else to stop too. He ran to the first railcar. Its windows were broken and green invaded its train wheels, but he was looking for something.

“We’re in Gwangju!” he shouted but after everybody’s “sst!!” he turned to whisper to Ally: “Isn’t that so?”

Before she could give an answer they could hear SeungHyun’s strangled voice

“Hey!…”

 They all turned to face him - he hastened to sustain Briana who seemed she was melting.

“Bree!!” Ally yelled rushing to her. “Bree, can you hear me?” she yelled again catching her friend’s sweated face in her hands.

“Ssst!” JiYong whispered pointing to the red railcar.

SeungHyung took Briana in his arm. They got inside the indicated place, followed really close by Ally. She took off her black sweater and laid it on the floor, between what used to be two rows of chairs.

JiYong clogged up admiring her long, thin arms and white shoulders showing of from that small under vest, leaving absolutely no place for any other approach.

“A little help?” Ally asked SeungHyung to catch Briana’s sweater to pull it off, making him to violently blush. She covered up her friend, exposing only the wounded shoulder. She was about to take care of the wound when a gun’s click stopped her.

“Stand up!” JiYong said, taking everyone by surprise.

SeungHyun looked for his eyes while Ally didn't even raise her head.

“Are you crazy?...” she tried to keep her cool.

“JiYong-ah…” even SeungHyun tried to interfere.

“Stand up!” JiYong wouldn’t listen to anyone. 

She did as she was told, but not because she was afraid of JiYong, but because she feared for her friend’s life, and hoped that if she played along for a while he will eventually allow her to take care of Briana.

“Why are you doing this?” she tried to talk as calm as she could.

“Why should I answer you? You haven’t answered any of my questions!” JiYong taunted her.

“Yeah, but you weren’t dying!” she finally flared up.

“He was about to!” he yelled back at her, grabbing her wrist, twisting it to her back, so did with the other hand and he used his leather belt to tie her up… good.

“If you hurt her, I’ll kill you!!” Ally roared trying to kick anyone around.

JiYong held her good, but just to be sure she won't overpower him again he glued the gun to her head.

“Bro…” the other three boys froze when they both climbed down the cart. 

"What are you doing...?" they asked but he wasn’t listening, he dragged her to the other red railcar under the strict observation of the boys.  Finally, Daesung went up to him. 

"Ji..." 

But JiYong couldn't hear him, he was trying to think of something, at anything... he had no idea what to do now; of course, he didn't want to put Briana in any danger but he was sure that SeungHyun would take care of her; for now, he had to separate them... this was as far as he blundered the newly unforeseen plan.  

When they reached about the middle of the cart he made Ally kneel between the seats.

“JiYong-ah, really now…” DaeSung tried to disarm him gently.

“Don’t you dare move!” he muttered to her before throwing one hand over DaeSung’s shoulders, pushing him away.