And you know the person he truly is?

A Secret Life

 

 

Hanuel POV:

 

I wanted to laugh at the expression in his face. Looks like he was used to girls being all over him.

I smiled. Time to change that.

He was studying me now. An inscrutable expression on his face.

Was that amusement in his eyes? Or curiousity?

Then he lowered his lashes and like a veil whatever I had seen was gone. Then he leaned back on his chair his eyes intent on mine and his eyebrow arched high on his forehead. “Can I ask why?”

Ok, honestly if you had asked me who my favorite BIGBANG member was before the last twenty-four hours I probably would have answered G-Dragon. But being that I now knew his true self, he just didn’t appeal to me anymore.

So I shrugged nonchalantly. “You’re not my type.” Then I heard snickers.

Seungri leaned forward and excitedly high-fived me. “Omo! That’s it!! We have to be friends!”

Daesung and Taeyang exchanged quick glances. “Oh, no,” said Daesung as he shook his head. “You just told him no. He’s never going to stop now.”

Confused, I snuck a glance at G-Dragon. His gaze flickered and his lips twitched.

Taeyang spoke up. “Ok, since we’ve established Jiyong is your least favorite member.” He sent a teasing look at G-Dragon. “Who’s your favorite?”

I felt my face get hot as they each looked at me. I took the opportunity to study them. I frowned as G-Dragon continued to study me. While, Seungri winked at me and I laughed. Smiling, I glanced at Daesung and Taeyang, then immediately melted at their cute eye-smiles. Finally I looked at the oldest member, TOP. I looked at him from his clothes to that smirk that met my gaze and I felt myself in a breath.

“TOP oppa,” I murmured.

There were immediate protests of denial from Taeyang, Daesung, and Seungri. TOP remained aloof looking down at the table, while G-Dragon looked strangely relaxed and smiled brightly.

“Let me guess it’s because of his ‘killer’ gaze, right?” pouted Seungri.

“Or his tall height?” suggested Daesung, melancholy

Or his ‘masculine’ deep voice,” said Taeyang, frowning disappointed.

“No,” I shook my head. “Although they were good guesses.. That’s not why he’s my favorite.”

G-Dragon frowned. TOP looked up. Curiosity was written on the rest of the member’s faces.

“Why?” asked Seungri.

“He’s an enigma,” I announced. They blinked in surprise, not expecting that answer.

I took a deep breath. “He's a guy who doesn't dance, even when the music has an irresistible beat and everyone else is shaking away around him.  Instead of smiling he prefers to wear an enigmatic smirk.” I felt his gaze intent on me. “Although—when he does smile I think it’ll be a sight to behold.” And I saw as that smirk slightly fell.

“His image is ultra-cool and controlled. Throughout our whole conversation he was quiet and subdued, which can be chalked up to being mysterious. But…” I paused momentarily as he fidgeted uncomfortably. That’s when I realized.

It’s an endearing awkwardness.

I smiled and continued. “I don’t think that’s entirely true.” I motioned towards his wardrobe.  “His clothes are a riot of colors and combinations; which means that he cares about how he looks, but he isn’t vain. Most of all they speak of a mind that's truly creative and original.”

I wet my lips. “The demeanor he portrays isn’t the person that he truly is…and that makes him a contradiction.” I looked around the table.

They were all staring at me—Daesung and Taeyang with their mouths open; Seungri speechless for once, a glass of water frozen halfway to his lips. G-Dragon with an empty look on his, but the edges of his eyes tightened as if he were angry. And TOP—TOP was silent and motionless, save for the rise and fall of his chest as he breathed. His eyes lifted to mine. They were wide and unblinking as something passed beneath those hidden depths. Then he opened his mouth—

"And you know?”

I jumped as if a bucket of ice water had washed over me. I blinked at G-Dragon who asked that question. “What?”

His smile was arrogant and cocky.  “And you know the person he truly is?” 

I stiffened not liking the tone in his voice.  “No,” I said. “I may never know and that’s his appeal. Girls will forever try to figure out the mystery that surrounds him.”

He narrowed his eyes at me then without looking away. “The rest of you can leave. The two of us are going to stay here and get to know each other personally.” I tried not to frown as he lingered over the last part.

I smiled and said goodbye to each member. I was genuinely happy to have met them. I turned to say goodbye to TOP when G-Dragon reached for my hand and intertwined our fingers. He looked at me challengingly, daring me to remove it and I glared at him in return. Sighing I quickly murmured goodbye to TOP and took back my hand when they left.

“What did you do that for?” I demanded, but Jiyong just grinned. Not his usual arrogant smile. No, this was a wide, wolfish smile.

“Just so he knows D”

Oh for the love of—I couldn’t even finish the sentence mentally, it was so ridiculous.

I rolled my eyes then looked at him. “What did you want to talk about?”

He looked at me curious. “So what’s your story, D? Are you a man-hater in general or do you just hate me?”

“I think it’s just you.”

He laughed once amused at my mood. “I can’t figure you out. You’re the first girl that’s ever been disgusted with me before . You don’t get all flustered when you look at me and you don’t try to get my attention.”

“It’s not a ploy. I’m just not interested in you.”

He leaned so close that I could his breath on my cheek. “I’m sorry…did I offend you in some way?”

You have no idea.

I sighed and shook my head.

I kept my voice low. “I’m not sleeping with you. You should give up now.”

A slow smile crept across his face before he spoke.  “I haven’t asked you to sleep with me,” his eyes drifted to the ceiling in thought. “have, I?”

“No.” Not yet at least. “Because I just want to make it clear that this between us is just fake.”

He feigned insult. “What if I just want to be friends?”

I narrowed my eyes at him suspicious at his new mood when moments ago he’d just been mad. “I don’t mind being friends, but that doesn’t mean you can have some hidden agenda to try on me.

He smirked at me. “You’re not sleeping with me. I get it. You have my word. I won’t even think about your …unless you want me to.”

I rested my elbows on the table and leaned into them. “And that won’t ever happen, so we can be friends.”

An impish grin sharpened his features. “Never say never.”

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys!! Sorry I haven't updated in such a long time :(  Here's a new chapter  and I hope you guys like it. ^_^