three

Silence.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--

Five boys, five beds, but only one room.
We'd been warned, by our seniors in the company, that when we first debuted, the rooms would be tiny, really small, and sharing would be involved, no matter how promising your group might be. Yet I never expected it to be this small.

Sharing. Closeness. Communication. Talking.
I don't know how I'm going to handle all of this. All these...the relationships, the friendships that we are expected to forge, the fun and excitement that we are to experience when we're still young, fresh out of the company and preparing for debut. Everyone tells us that this period is supposed to be the best part of our career. But I hate it already.

It's just so awkward and uncomfortable. The other four are already quite friendly with each other. They're talking and laughing, selecting beds and shelves, they're playing, even. I envy them. I can't do any of that. All I can do is stand there and stare. Why are they so loud? Why are they so happy? 

"Kibum! Don't you want to pick your bed?" Jonghyun hyung comes over and grabs me by the wrist, gesturing wildly at the beds with the other hand. 

He's touching me.
I don't want him touching me.
I pull away, clutch my wrist with my other hand so that hyung can't grab it again, and back away a little, shaking my head. 
Why does he have to keep talking to me? Why can't he just leave me alone?

He was like that in the car, too, when we were on our way here. Constantly turning around to the back seat, trying to get me to look at him. The other members were telling jokes, talking about their families. It only served to make me feel more stupid. The other members, they're all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter