Vacation

Books and Beats

It was Friday night and Gi Kwang was called at Yoseob’s for dinner. The dancer had no idea what came to his friend’s head calling him so sudden and out of the blue. Anyway he got dressed and got out, grabbing a cab and now waiting in front of the blond boy’s house. He was going to ring again, getting impatient but just when he reached for the bell the door was opened and Yoseob stood before him with a huge smile.

“That was fast.” He commented and made a place for Gi Kwang to enter.

“You told me to come as fast as possible.” Whined the dancer and took off his shoes and coat. “And it’s freezing cold outside.”

“I got it, I got it. Now get inside.” Rushed him the blond and Gi Kwang trailed behind him.

Getting inside the living room Gi Kwang saw he was not the only one here. He smiled and awkwardly waved. He kind of felt awkward for no reason. The boy standing before him smiled and waved looking expectant of something. Then Gi Kwang remembered he just stood there soundlessly.

“Hey.” He said and went to sit down, opposite of him.

“Did they rush you here too?” Dongwoon asked scratching his neck. The dancer only nodded and looked to the door, expecting Yoseob to come in.

Well the blond did enter, after 5 minutes spent in silence. Of course, after him entered Doojoon and both of them sat next to Dongwoon, smiling innocently.

“You two are fishy.” Commented Gi Kwang and glared at them. Well Doojoon didn’t really fall for it, but Yoseob always did; and as always the blond shifted a little to his lover, hiding behind his back.

“Chill out. Hyunseung and Junhyung are coming shortly.” Answered Doojoon and hugged Yoseob closer to him. Then Gi Kwang softened his gaze and focused on Doojoon, so did Dongwoon. “Soon it’s their anniversary, right?”

“Since they moved in together?” asked Dongwoon, confused, since the two’s anniversary since they were dating passed some weeks ago.

“Yes. The other passed, idiot.” Doojoon answered him.

“From which day are we counting it? I remember Hyunseung sleeping often at my place?” asked Gi Kwang a little confused. Yoseob looked him like he was an idiot, but the dancer was serious.

“Of course since the day Hyunseung moved to Junhyung and left his apartment.” Answered the teacher and Gi Kwang nodded. “So, we want all of us to go to a resort this weekend…”

“Wait, this weekend?” asked Dongwoon and raised an eyebrow at them. “That’s tomorrow.”

“Yes, it is.”

“And you’re telling us now, because…?” continued to wonder the idol.

“Well… it’s Hyunseung’s idea and they asked us yesterday morning saying they booked the place, but… you two are kind of … well you know.”

“Troublesome?” asked Gi Kwang annoyed. After Doojoon and Yoseob didn’t answer and looked sideways he stood up and went out of the room. Well, he did not intend to be mean, but Dongwoon and him were doing all their best to act cool and friendly with each other without bringing the past and getting into a fight. And it was doing well, as long as high school was not mentioned. And now Yoseob and Doojoon told them they were troublesome. He got himself a glass of water and drank from it, ready to go back, because this was a childish behavior and it worsened his position. He turned around and was faced with angry blond teacher at the door. “I needed water.” Gi Kwang said, showing his glass and going forward.

“Tell this to Doojoon, not me.” Said Yoseob smirking.

“Okay, I got kind of angry.” the dancer admitted sitting on a chair. “I’m still such a kid.”

“It’s just that you two are kind of… well touchy on the topic. Did you not see Dongwoon glaring at us?” giggled the blond remembering the situation they were in a few minutes ago and moving to sit next to his friend.

“Well if two week ago you got us in the same room it would’ve been a rough experience, but we’re alright now.”

“Believe yourself.” Yoseob snickered rolling his eyes.

“Yoseob, just shut up. It’s better now.”

“Okay, so you two will come tomorrow? And stay till Monday?”

“I have lessons in Monday.” the dancer answered quickly playing with the glass in his hands.

“No, you don’t. For the past week you’ve been booked by Cube and every lesson you have is taken by others and the next too and if Dongwoon comes you’re free.” Grumbled Yoseob and glared at him.

“If he can’t come to practices I go teach my lessons, Yoseob. I can’t let others always taking over my classes.” Explained the dancer and gulped from his glass again. “But I can come for tomorrow and leave on Sunday?”

“You do know that if Hyunseung was here he was going to throw a fit.”

“He could’ve asked me earlier.”

“And you would’ve fought for longer and not come.” Gi Kwang sighed… Who knew them better If not Yoseob?

“We’ll come.” a foreign voice soared in the room and both boys looked towards the door finding Dongwoon there, smiling. “We’ll come and we can practice there too, so we’re staying till Monday.”

“Why do you speak for me also?” asked Gi Kwang amused.

“You’re my teacher for now. Of course you’re glued to me. And you said it – you’re monitoring me until the comeback. Getting back on your words now?”

“No.” the dancer snickered. Looks like his friends are against the ‘only-work-relationship’. Next time he sees Ji Eun he has to apologize to her about it. After all he did reassure her there was nothing more than that between them.

After that Dongwoon and Gi Kwang were used to set the table and help around with other stuff and when Hyunseung and Junhyung arrived they talked again about the little vacation that was planned. This time both Dongwoon and Gi Kwang answered with a “Yea, sure, why not?”

So the rest of the night passed with planning when to go and what to get.

 

 

 

Gi Kwang waited outside of his apartment building with a sack next to him, wrapped in a thick dark blue jacket and black scarf around his neck, and half of his face. He had no hat, since he couldn’t find it and he was running late, so his ears were red now and he cursed whoever was taking him for being late. He was told to be out of his house in 5:00am straight, and he was. Now was 5:25am. And the most pleasurable thing was that the road was deserted. And he forgot to charge his iPod shuffle last night, so he really wanted to bite the head off of the person who was to come. He bet it was Junhyung, since Hyunseung takes forever to prepare and he bet that Doojoon and Yoseob were already off. They would surely get there first.

Just when he was going to call Hyunseung a white Audi Q7 stopped in front of him. The glasses were dark so he had no idea who was inside and who it was. He just stood there and blinked confused. Did Doojoon or Junhyung change their cars? He heard none of it. The dark window rolled down and in stayed quite annoyed idol, glaring at him.

“Get in.” he hissed and rubbed his eyes. So he overslept.

“Where do I put my sack?”

“In the trunk – it’s unlocked.” Then the window got rolled up again and Gi Kwang went to leave his luggage. When he was done he climbed in on the passenger seat next to Dongwoon and put his seat belt on.

“Why are you here?” asked the dancer confused when they left.

“Something about Hyunseung’s and Yoseob’s fortress staying hidden.” it was obvious that Dongwoon was annoyed so Gi Kwang mumbled a sorry and shrunk in his seat. What was those two up to? It was not like Dongwoon can’t tell their boyfriends. “What’s that all about?” asked again the idol after about five or ten minutes.

“Usually when they fight Seunggie and Seobbie come to my place. They think it’s for the best that Doojoon and Junhyung have no idea where I live and that this way they can’t worsen the situation.” Gi Kwang explained sighing. “Sorry, you had to come get me.”

“It’s kind of smart… They really don’t?” asked Dongwoon now curious and smirking. “That’s why they’re always grumpy.”

“Yea, I tried inviting them once, but Yoseob and Hyunseung went crazy and continued to yell ‘NO!’ It was really amusing.” The boy laughed remembering the scene.

“I can figure. Oh, take your jacket off. We have at least an hour to travel.”

“Only? That’s near… Where exactly are me going?” the dark haired boy wondered and took his jacket off, though with a little struggle to not unseat his belt.

“Uijeongbu. Doojoon told me to call them when we’re there.”

“We’re really going there? I always wanted to go.” Gi Kwang chipped. “At expected of Hyunseung, to pick a place where there is a lot to sightsee.”

“But it’s winter. We won’t be able to roam around a lot. He should’ve proposed it in spring, or autumn.”

“What about summer?”

“Too hot.” Whined Dongwoon and Gi Kwang laughed.

“I had no idea you had license.” Commented Gi Kwang, right after, now being more awake to actually comprehend the idea of the idol having a car and driving.

“Yea, the company keeps it hidden, so I can go out without fans noticing.”

“It’s really nice towards them.” Snickered the dancer and leaned his head back.

“I’m considerate of them. When it’s too hot or too cold I don’t sneak out.”

“Alright, alright, as you say.”

The rest of the way both boys spent in comfortable silence… okay not silence, since they were listening to music and singing, but aside from that there were no conversations and when they reached Uijeongbu and went to the rented by Hyunseung house everyone greeted them with a smile. They figured out why without asking too. Especially about the pushing each other presented by Hyunseung and Yoseob when Dongwoon got Gi Kwang’s sack and carried it for him, even though the shorter one whined and pulled at it to get it himself.

For some strange reason they were the last ones to get there (they expected the composer and choreographer to get there after them) and while unpacking and preparing themselves the other four prepared a little breakfast. Gi Kwang just tossed the empty sack away and put his iPod for recharging when Hyunseung stood on his doorstep.

“Kiki-ah, we’re heading out in 20 minutes so come fast and eat.” He smiled and turned to his left. “Dongwoon-ah, you too. Faster, we don’t have all day.”

A minute later Dongwoon showed himself on Gi Kwang’s door and looked at the boy.

“You were not joking.”

“Not a bit.” The dancer smiled and tapped the idol’s shoulder while going out.

 

 

The group went back at around 10PM. The whole day they spent like they were on a field trip from school. Three on three, though no one complained, since Yoseob and Gi Kwang were used to Hyunseung’s touristic nature and that way the other three could just stop somewhere and wait for them without complains.

When they got back Junhyung laid on the couch, while Doojoon and Dongwoon sat on the floor, heads leaned on the couch. Seeing this Yoseob went and straddled Doojoon, cupping his boyfriend’s face and making the manager face him.

“Yah, Doojoonnie, are you alright?” the oldest one only grunted and wrapped his hands around the teacher, hugging him tight. The blond whined from the uncomfortable position he was in and struggled before Doojoon moved, so both of them were lying on the floor, Yoseob still in his death grip. Dongwoon and Junhyung laughed at the sight, while Gi Kwang and Hyunseung sighed and went to get a blanket and pillows for them. Apparently Doojoon had no intention of getting up soon and they knew they won’t be able to get them to bed too. Now the struggle was to get Junhyung up and to bed and Doojoon on the couch.

 

In the morning when Gi Kwang opened his eyes he saw that outside was snowing slightly. He smiled thinking that this vacation was a good idea and stretched on the bed smiling to himself and sitting up. He looked around and when he spotted his phone he reached for it and checked the time. It was past 10AM. Then he noticed he had a message and he opened it to see who it was. Strangely it was from Yoseob.

From: Yo-Yo
Kiki-ah, sorry. We left you
with Dongwoonnie… Don’t
be mad, ok? ^^ Have a nice
day and be nice to each
other. Also talk things over.

“WHAT?!” the dancer shouted and got out of bed, checking every room and when he finally made it to the living room, he saw Dongwoon sitting on the table and drinking coffee.

“SMS?” asked the idol waving his phone to the dancer.

“Did they really leave?”

“Yea and I have no idea if they told you, but Junhyung was sure they would be camping at our places and kill us if we come back sooner.” At the said Dongwoon scrunched his face and continued with drinking his coffee.

“Oh…” Gi Kwang went to him and sat down too, rubbing his temples. “So what will we do?” he asked after a while, when Dongwoon placed a cup of coffee in front of him too.

“Well, we can go for a walk or not-so-tiring sightseeing, buy something to eat and drink and talk things over?” Dongwoon smiled bitterly while Gi Kwang looked him shocked. “They told you too, didn’t they?”

“They did…” admit the dancer nodding and looking down. “We can’t skip it?”

“They will know if we did.”

“Why do we have friends like them?” laughed the dancer sipping from his drink.

“A curse?” commented Dongwoon also laughing.

“You won’t beat me up, right?” Gi Kwang’s eyes were expecting, hoping and scared. He really did not want something like that to happen.

“That’s why we’ll buy alcohol. I’m a happy drunk.”

“I’m quite a whiny one.”

At that both boys laughed. Seriously, what were they discussing when they had to talk about something much more serious and hurting.

 

 

 

***

*I have no idea how long it takes from Seoul to Uijeongbu, but I thought that maybe an hour at most? Seeing it on the map… Well. Let’s just imagine it takes an hour XD. If someone knows more accurate time – please do tell me ^^

I still haven't written the whole next chapter... I might finish it today or tomorrow though... I hope... I think this is the longest chapter since the 10th one...

I don't have much to tell... except - await the next chapter. It will be interesting. ^^