Chapter One

Books and Beats

“Gi Kwang-ah” Dongwoon heard Yoseob’s cheerful voice next to him.

“What is it Yoseobbie?” asked Gi Kwang and Dongwoon could picture him smile with his eyes turning crescents even if the boy was 2 desks behind him.

“Will you go and buy lunch for me?” Dongwoon sighed knowing where this will lead. Gi Kwang would whine saying:

“Eh~ me again? I don’t want to go!” then Yoseob will plead:

“Please~ I have to finish my math homework.” And then Gi Kwang would refuse again.

“I always go! I’m not going.” And then…

“Let’s play Kai-Bai-Bo!” then both of them would stand in position and Yoseob would say: “I will play rock.” And Gi Kwang would whine at the heard and then they will play and then Gi Kwang will have leaf and Yoseob will have scissors and Gi Kwang would whine again and he would go and buy lunch.

“Yes!” the shout of victory from Yoseob. “Buy me meat bun please~!” and then the shorter boy would go and write his homework. End of story.

Dongwoon sighed again and turned his head around as to see the nerdy looking Gi Kwang heading out of the door and pumping fists in the air from anger.

“Watching the pray?” out of nowhere came Junhyung’s deep voice and Dongwoon whipped his head in the direction of his scary looking friend.

“Him? With the glasses and knitted vest and the dorky attitude – never a pray. I just don’t get why that idiot is on top of the class.” Defended the blond even though his friend knew he was lying.

“Mr. Smarty-who-skipped-a-class is jealous?” mocked Junhyung and Dongwoon only glared. “Well I bet he’s thinking how someone like you can always tail his score.”

“And what are you doing in my class?” Dongwoon arched his eyebrow avoiding the last statement. Not his fault that people took their little group for delinquents, which they were not.

“Doojoon asked me a favor so I came to investigate.” Smirked Junhyung and looked around. Dongwoon looked at the same direction as Junhyung and smirked when he understood what the investigation was.

“That guy is hopeless. He does know it won’t work right?”

“I have no idea.” Shrugged the black haired boy and laid his head on Dongwoon’s desk. “But I pity him.”

“Yea, me too.”

“The universe too.”

At the last both boys burst out laughing, Dongwoon leaning his forehead on the desk next to Junhyung’s head.

“Keep it down, please!” yelled Yoseob and both of them snickered. The blond got up and pulled Junhyung’s hand, making him stand up.

“Let’s go mock Doojoon.” Whispered the younger and both boys turned to walk away, only to see Gi Kwang entering the room with the school’s prince Jang. Dongwoon only sighed when he saw his friend storm out the room bumping the orange haired boy and glaring at him when the other tried demanding an apology. The youngster didn’t apologize either and just ran after his friend. “You can’t hate him for confessing to you.” Dongwoon said when he reached Junhyung.

“In front of the whole ing school!” yelled Junhyung, while turning to glare at his friend. “I know 90% of the school is gay and it’s famous for it and that my two best friends are too but I will never accept his confession.”

“Hyung, both your best friends, along with you, are biual. You know this.”

“Shut up!”

“As you say… But he is prince Jang – at least feel flattered.”

“Weren’t we supposed to mock Doojoon, not me?”

“Oops… I forgot.” Smiled Dongwoon and lashed his hand around his friend’s neck. “Forgive me and I’ll treat you.”

“Deal. Now let’s find that lazy .”

“He’s probably sleeping on the roof.”

 

As they predicted Doojoon was lying on the rooftop with e hat over his face and near the fence. Both boys gave each other the knowing look and went in the direction of their friend, plopping near the fence and leaning on it. Junhyung kicked Doojoon as to wake him up, which worked well and earned the boy a few cursing words… seeing this no wonder you would think of them as delinquents. Dongwoon had blond hair, a few piercings, almost constant scary expression when serious or just normal (85% of the time), he was dressing himself in puck style and sometimes he wore an eyeliner. Junhyung was the scariest looking person in school - he had piercing eyes that screamed ‘I will kill you if you stand in my way’, though no one knew that was his bored expression, black raven hair making him look even more mysterious and he was mostly wearing dark clothes. Those two could pass for delinquents if you don’t know how dorky they are, especially Dongwoon with his ‘adorable’ aegyo or Junhyung’s charming laugh and playful side but Doojoon was another story. He had harsh gaze but he was a lazy who won’t bother to even poke you and was dressing himself in more preppy style, not to mention he loved pranks. But aside from that his glory of delinquent was from his middle school where was a rumor that he put 10 people in hospital all by himself… But none of the two boys could picture him doing it.

“So?” asked Doojoon when he sat and put his hat in place.

“Two desks left and one front from Dongwoon’s.” answered Junhyung yawning. Dongwoon looked dumbfounded at his lazy friend and cleared his throat as to grab his attention.

“What?”

“Hyung, we’re in the same class. You could’ve asked me.” whined Dongwoon and pouted.

“1st – Junhyung is in my class, 2nd – you have P.E. next and I need the info for then, 3rd – I bet if Junhyung didn’t come you would be staring at Gi Kwang now.”

“Why do both of you think I like him?!” screamed the blond and stood up glaring at his friends.

“Because you do?” shrugged the black haired one.

“Yea, we see how you look at him, we’re not blind… like him.” Snickered Doojoon, earning a kick from the maknae of the group. “This too! You don’t let us joke behind his back!”

“I know you think you have no chance and that you actually thought about it and you’re more realistic than this fellow here…” said Junhyung patting Doojoon’s back with a sigh, silently saying that their friend was hopeless. “… but at least don’t lie about it.”

Dongwoon sighed and crotched, crossing his arms on his knees and hiding his head there grunting loudly.

“He’s too naïve and trusting and stupid, aside from studying, and he has this dorky appearance and stupid smile…” the maknae brought his head up to look at his hyungs with a pout plastered on his lips. “I don’t even know why I like him.”

“For all the things you said.” Answered Doojoon and winked at him, which made Dongwoon whine even more about how horrible taste he had.

 

During P.E. Dongwoon was lying on the grass in front of the school looking at his classroom and wondering what are Junhyung and Doojoon doing there. He could obviously see them, but not what they were doing. Well it concerned Yoseob so Dongwoon could bet he would have one hell of a show when they came back to class.

“Dongwoon-ah! Class is over!” yelled Hong Ki to him. Not that they were friends and he was concerned about him, but the guy was the class representative, so he was worrying about the class reputation.

“Coming!” yelled Dongwoon and stood up gazing one last time at his class room where his two friends were already absent. He had to hurry and see what his friends did.

 

Dongwoon was usually fast at dressing up and leaving the changing room, but today he tried to tag behind Yoseob and Gi Kwang, wanting to not be the first one to see the ‘surprise’. Now he was 1 or 2 meters away from the classroom’s door and was looking with amusement Yoseob’s shocked expression. He wanted to laugh but then they would know he know who did, whatever was did. He got close to them and stood behind the boys clearing his throat.

“Can I at least pass?” he asked his voice as low as possible, startling the boys. Apparently he took Yoseob out of his trance because the boy dashed to his desk, which Dongwoon saw was filled from a bouquet of red roses and a white envelop on top of the huge pile of flowers. The boy widened his eyes from surprise. Who knew Doojoon was romanticist? He looked to his right and saw Gi Kwang still staring at the bouquet with gleaming eyes. The blond sighed and entered sitting on his desk and staring at Yoseob’s sparkling eyes.

“Kiki, I have a secret admirer!” the boy gleamed after reading the note… What? Secret?... Right at this moment Dongwoon wanted to slap his forehead. Instead he dug his phone out and started typing a message.

From: Dongwoon
To: Doozy idiot

You put so effort in doing this and you didn’t even write your ing name?!

 

After sending the message the boy snapped his phone shut and gazed again at Gi Kwang who stood next to Yoseob now, admiring the red flowers. What was so special about red roses? They were so cliché. And white would suit Gi Kwang more, taking in mind how pure and innocent the boy was. After a few minutes his phone buzzed and he opened to read the message, which had to be from Doojoon.

From: Doojoon
To: Call me Dozy idiot again and you’re dead Pooh.

WHAT?! DIDN’T I WRITE IT?! T_T I’M SO STUPID!!! … You too will help me think of something nice this time around!

The blond grunted and rested his head on the desk, ignoring how everyone eyed him, probably thinking he would snap. He should’ve texted Doojoon after his history class. Then his mood was going to be better.

Just then his ‘favorite’ history teacher – Ms. Lee, entered the classroom and everyone went silent and to their places, except Yoseob who had to go to the back of the room to leave the roses there.

The lesson was boring and Dongwoon didn’t even try listening to the lesson. Besides – history was the only subject he was failing, why would he bother listening to something he was bad at… Well failing for him was not to have 90-100 points in the subject’s tests, but to have around 75-80. Not that it bothered him too much; he was doing great in the other subjects. Luckily it was his last class and last classes always flew by fast. So when he saw that there were only 10 minutes left he couldn’t stay still anymore… well until his teacher spoke.

“Now, before I dismiss you I have a little something to say. There are 6 students who I’m wondering on what final grade to leave them for this semester, so I will pair them on ability and will assign them projects that they have to do… Now the pairings…”

“Me…” murmured Dongwoon, almost 100% sure he would be first in the list. But he wondered who his partner would be. Or maybe he would be alone? There were only 3 people who had high scores in this subject and Dongwoon was always in 3rd place, knowing the teacher was displeased with it since he was one of the top (delinquent) students.

“Dongwoon…” the boy smirked, pleased with his guess. “…and Gi Kwang will do a project about Korean War.” Well the last wiped his smile off of his face. He turned around to see the boy’s shocked expression. He blinked twice at him, before Gi Kwang faced him and smiled awkwardly. Dongwoon immediately turned around and raised his hand.

“Excuse me Ms. Lee but…”

“Do you think your place doesn’t belong in the list?” asked the teacher, squinting her eyes.

“No, but…”

“No buts. After the class ends stay behind and talk about it.” The boy stayed silent after it. Why was Gi Kwang in the list? He was usually the first in everything, adding History too. It was more believable his name to be paired with Jonghoon’s. He rubbed his eyes and laughed at his fate.

Minutes later the bell rang but Dongwoon stayed at his place staring at one spot in the nowhere. Then he heard someone clearing his throat and he raised his head, looking at Gi Kwang’s nervous figure.

“Um… I can ask the teacher to do the project separately if you want to…” said the boy looking down and playing with a button from his vest.

“Why would I want to, it doesn’t matter.” Answered the boy as he stood up and looked around, seeing no one else in the room. Weren’t they supposed to stay and plan their projects? … Or maybe they had partners they could talk to and moved to another more relaxing place.

“Don’t you hate me?” asked Gi Kwang, making Dongwoon’s head whip in his direction with widened eyes placed on it.

“Eh?”

“Um… Don’t you hate me?”

 

 

Note: Dozy idiot = Doojoon + Lazy = Dozy and Doojoon called Dongwoon Pooh, because his nickname is Woonnie, right? Pooh is Winnie the Pooh, Woonnie – Winnie => Pooh XD Don’t question me about it I have no idea how I thought of this. (I'll use Dongwoon's nickname in the next chapter too and it's my nickname in B2STRising XD)
Also I write Gi Kwang since his twitter nickname is B2stGK.

And the beginning is written after I watched the first episodes of Idol Maid.

Anyway~ hey I'm back ^^ For now this fic will be posted only here (and in my LiveJournalpage only) so the people who saw it and read it - guys thank you for reading~! ^^ I'm really bad on progressing with this and I said to myself that I won't post it until it's finished... well I’m starting university at the beginning of next month and I won't finish it if I don't know that someone is waiting to read the chapter (though my friend is reading it but she's not pushy at all with making me write because she knows I will write it someday). I will do my best to write and finish it quickly. And I don’t plan this to be a long story… So… Yea enjoy my first KiWoon fic with the crappy plot.


My Author Notes are always as long as hell =_=