Chapter 7

You Must Choose

I ran away.

I ran away from them.

I ran away from the beach.

Never will I go to that place again. It was horrible.

 

"Kookie! I heard your noona's out for today, wanna hang out?" Yoongi hyung tugged on my arm like a little girl. So creepy..

"I'm not in the mood today, hyung. I'm too lazy to even talk right now.."

"Excuses.. You're just depressed because Chae is on a date." Namjoon hyung retorted.

"Yeah, that's the real reason. Little Kookie is jealous~" V hyung grinned.

"Don't worry Kookie, I will never leave your side~" Like wtf? Jimin hyung is now cuddling me, these hyungs, really.. Eew.

"Get off me, hyung! And I am not jealous, noona can date whoever she wants to." I crossed my arms and tried my best to sound unaffected. But it didn't work.

"If you're not coming with us, then we're going to drag you out here." All of them pulled me outside, I mean, literally, they're dragging me outside.

"Okay, okay! I'll go! Psh." My arms hurt.

 

 

Why did it have to be like this?

Why do I need to see them together like that?

It hurts.

Really hurts.

 

---

"Jungkook, get down here this instant! Why are your grades like this?!"

Eversince the incident, Jungkook's grades were gradually falling down. He wasn't in a proper condition, he nearly had a mental breakdown. And Chaerin was totally unaware of what was happening to her favorite dongsaeng, she's too busy being all lovey-dovey with Kris.

He left the others at the beach back then, it rained hard, his hyungs were going out of their minds looking for him thinking that he got lost, but no, he was just sitting at the cold pavement, letting himself get drenched in the rain while crying all his heart out.

It hurt him that bad. He felt like his heart was stabbed. 

Stabbed by someone he loved loves.

 

"I wasn't able to study all the lessons because the teachers weren't explaining it at all!"

"They're not teachers if they don't know how to explain things!"

"They really are not explaining!"

"And do you expect me to believe that?!"

"YOU DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING THAT I SAY!! EVEN IF I TELL YOU THAT IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF CHAERIN NOONA, YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!!"

He stormed out of their house, leaving his mom dumbfounded.

 

---

"Everything has to be ready! I want this night to be the best night of all in Chaerin's life." Kris breathed deeply, preparing for everything.

He reserved a whole restaurant just for the two of them, he wanted this night to be special.

He saw Chaerin walking slowly towards the place, she was peeking as if trying to see if she came to the right place, and when she knew she was right, she entered the restaurant.

It was such an amazing view.

"You look beautiful. Really beautiful." Chaerin blushed when she saw how Kris's eyes sparkled when he said that, and she only responded with a sweet "Thank you."

 

He pulled the chair for her and once they sat down, all kinds of sumptuous foods were brought to them.

"I can't believe you did all this for me. I really appreciate it, thank you." She gave him a hug.

"But that's not all of it." As soon as he said that, musicians came out of nowhere and played a very lovely song.

Silence surrounded them as they were eating, but it was a comfortable silence.

Kris couldn't stop glancing at her as she looked so gorgeous.

 

After they ate, Kris took her hand and led her outside.

With a clap of his hands, all candles lit up. Rose petals were raining on her and she had no clue she was standing on a heart made from petals.

He kneeled down infront of her and took out the bouquet he was holding and finally said the words..

"Chae.. Will you be my girlfriend?"

Chaerin couldn't believe what she was hearing, it seems like none of these things were processing through her mind right now. She stood there completely frozen, and she didn't know why but she felt a sudden jolt, as if something bad was going to happen. Not to her, but to someone whom she treasures so much.

But she shook off the feeling and answered him with a big smile and a..

"Yes, I would love to be your girlfriend!"

He stood up and hugged her tightly. He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her passionately.

"I love you, Chaerin."

"I love you too, Kris."

 

---

Why do I always have to see them like this?

It was like fate was playing a trick on him, he saw them again.

He ran away, again. He didn't know where he should go but he ran as far as where his feet can take him.

As if on cue, rain fell. Everything was coming back to him.

Their happy memories, he was happy even if he was just a dongsaeng to her, because those times they were together, there was no Kris. Just the two of them.

All those happy memories, gradually turning into dark and sad ones.

He endured all the pain, he accepted the fact that she doesn't like him. But does she need to rub it in his face?

He can't take it anymore.

I'd rather die alive, than die in the hands of a broken heart.

 

AAAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!

"Oh my gosh..

"What happened to him?"

"Is he okay?"

"Someone call the doctor!"

 

 

---

Hi there :/

Is the storyline going too fast? Because if it is, I'll try my best to fix it.

Please leave comments below~

I hope this chapter wasn't too unsatisfying. :3