Six: Thoughts

Genuine

“Taehyung? Are you done? We got to meet the others outside in two minutes!” Hoseok called from the front door as he finished up tying his shoelaces.

“Yeah!” Taehyung replied after giving himself one last look in the mirror before jogging to where Hoseok stood.

Hoseok smirked. “You sure took a while getting ready today.”

Taehyung rolled his eyes and smiled but didn’t say anything. He knew that he did put some extra effort today. Taehyung wasn’t sure why he did it.

“Are you trying to impress anyone?” Hoseok asked casually as he pulled the door open and the two students shuffled out promptly.

Taehyung his lips. “Sort of?” he mumbled under his breath, avoiding Hoseok’s eyes. He never could lie.

Hoseok raised an eyebrow. “Jungkookie?”

Taehyung blushed. “Of course not! What makes you think that?!”

Hoseok grinned. “Man, you really are the worst liar ever.”

Taehyung huffed and hurried forward leaving his best friend behind. Hoseok laughed but was quick to catch up. “You know what? Let’s go pick him up,” he added cheekily as they entered the elevator.

Taehyung frowned. “Why?”

Hoseok shrugged his shoulders as he pressed the button that would leave them at the seventh floor. When the elevator dinged, the two walked out. It surprised Taehyung how there were only two rooms on the entire floor. They must have been huge.

“Which ones Kookie’s?” Taehyung asked curiously.

“The one on the left,” Hoseok replied.

“How did you know?” Taehyung asked as they headed for the door.

“I don’t,” Hoseok said before laughing.

Taehyung shook his head as his best friend knocked on the door. They waited for about six minutes but no one answered. Taehyung decided to try the other door but Hoseok knocked a second time, this time harder. The door finally opened.

Jungkook was on the other side and he was slightly panting, like he had been running to get the door. His hair was damp and the only thing he wore was a white towel wrapped around his waist. Beads of water dripped down his body and into the grooves of his muscles before disappearing into the fabric of his towel. Jungkook noticed the appreciated stares of Taehyung that ran over his body. He caught Taehyung’s eyes and gave a sly smile. “Hey,”

Hoseok rolled his eyes jokingly. “Tch. You showing off Jungkook?”

Jungkook shrugged his shoulders. “No. I was taking a shower and I booked it here when I heard a knock. I wasn’t expecting it to be you guys.”

Hoseok nodded. “Well hurry up and get change. Did you forget about the barbeque and picnic we were doing today?”

The singer shook his head. “I didn’t. Just give me two minutes. You guys can come in,” Jungkook then maneuvered himself to a side so that his two hyungs could enter. Hoseok walked in confidently while Taehyung stumbled awkwardly as he tried to keep his eyes to the ground.

“Wow. Your place is gorgeous,” Hoseok observed as he soaked in the modern furniture, glass stairs and expensive sculptures.

“Thanks. Just stay here,” Jungkook said before jogging up the stairs and disappearing from the two student’s line of view.

Hoseok immediately made himself at home and plopped himself onto the white patent leather couch before throwing his legs to rest on the coffee table.  Taehyung sat beside him but with his legs together and his hands rested on his knees. The loft was beautiful but awfully big. He wondered if Jungkook ever felt lonely living here by himself. Taehyung let his eyes wander and found the apartment spotless to the point where it looked like nothing has been used or touch. Did Jungkook just order food? Taehyung came to the conclusion that Jungkook was too busy to spend leisure time lounging around at home.

The loft smelt nice. It was fresh yet alluring. Taehyung couldn’t pinpoint on what it smelt like but he was one hundred percent sure that it came right off of Jungkook. It made him blush.

Hoseok stared at Taehyung. “Jesus. What are you randomly blushing for?”

Taehyung turned to look at his best friend. His cheeks only darkened in color. “I am not!”

Hoseok laughed before pulling Taehyung into a noogie. “Man, you really like him. Don’t you?”

Taehyung squirmed in Hoseok’s death grip but felt laughter bubble in his chest.

“Like who?” Jungkook asked curiously as he climbed down the stairs.

The four dimensional prince scrambled away from Hoseok and Hoseok just smirked. “Ah just one of his friends, right Taehyunnie?”

Taehyung blushed and did his best to shoot a glare at Hoseok. Shut up!

Jungkook raised an eyebrow. “Oh really? And who is this friend?” If Taehyung liked one of their classmates, Jungkook would have been so screwed.

“No one!” Taehyung suddenly shouted.

Jungkook and Hoseok were taken back by the random outburst but they were quick to recover. Hoseok laughed. “Alright. Let’s stop teasing our little prince. You ready to go, Jungkook?”

The singer nodded but his attention was still on Taehyung. He needed to know who this crush of Taehyung was as soon as possible. He followed Taehyung and Hoseok to the door before locking it behind him. They walked down the hallway until they reached the elevator and began to make their way to the main floor where the rest were to be waiting for them. Jungkook thought to himself as he waited for the elevator doors to open. If Taehyung had a secret, Jimin would definitely spill for Jungkook, right?

They were the last ones to arrive and Jimin immediately complained when he saw the three approach. “Damn it! What took you guys so long? I’m starving!”

Hoseok grinned. “Sorry, sorry but we’re here now right? Let’s go.”

They all piled into two cars. Seokjin drove the Chrysler and took Namjoon and Yoongi while Hoseok drove the BMW and took the rest. They were all heading for a park that was about a half an hour away.

Hoseok immediately began to play some kind of hip hop and R&B song that Jungkook didn’t know but bobbed his head to anyways as he looked out the window. He was sitting in the back with Jimin while Taehyung sat in the driver’s passenger seat. The singer had initially hinted that he wanted to sit in the back with Taehyung but Taehyung had immediately called himself shotgun and took the front seat.

There wasn’t much talking but no one was uncomfortable. The silence was sweet and light but that didn’t mean it didn’t bore Jimin.

“I’m bored,” Jimin whined as he fixed himself in his seat.

“We’ll be there in twenty minutes. Take a nap or something,” Hoseok suggested with his eyes still glued to the road.

Jimin scoffed. “That’s so lame,” he then turned to Jungkook. “Oi! Kook! Entertain me!”

Jungkook groaned. “Nah, I think I’m good.”

Jimin feigned a hurt expression. “Is this how you treat your hyung! Despicable!”

Jungkook rolled his eyes but laughed as he finally turned to face Jimin. “Fine. Do you want to play a game then?”

Jimin beamed. “Sure. Hoseok and Taehyung are going to play too right?”

Taehyung nodded and Hoseok excused himself by saying he was driving. “What game?”

Jimin gave a sly smile. This was a perfect opportunity to get Jungkook and Taehyung’s relationship moving. “Let’s play the classic Would You Rather?”

A corner of Jungkook’s mouth quirked up wards. “Alright.”

Jimin grinned. “Can I go first?”

Jungkook smirked. “Go ahead,”

“Alright, Jungkook. Who would you rather ? Me or Taehyung?”

Hoseok started choking and a crimson burned at Taehyung’s ears as he turned away to hide his embarrassment.

Jungkook laughed confidently. “Ah, jumping right into the good stuff, eh?”

Jimin shrugged his shoulders. “Don’t avoid my question.”

Jungkook pressed his lips into a small line but the smug in his eyes were still present. He caught Taehyung’s gaze in the rearview mirror. “My favorite hyung of course, Tae.”

Jimin grinned as Taehyung buried his face into the long sleeves of his hoodie but quickly turned his expression into faked hurt. “I am offended! Mr. Jeon Jungkook!” Jimin teased.

Jungkook laughed. He was more than satisfied with Taehyung’s reaction. “I only speak the truth.”

Jimin smiled and flicked a gaze over to V, who had pulled the hood to his sweater over his face to cover himself. “Oi, Taehyunnie! You alright?”

Hoseok flashed him a disapproving stare in the mirror but Jimin just jutted out his bottom lip in response. Taehyung stuttered, “Of c-course. Why wouldn’t I b-be?”

“You looking pretty red,” Jimin teased. This time Taehyung turned around and reached back before punching Jimin in the arm.

“Shut up,” Taehyung mumbled shyly before returning to his spot.

Hoseok cleared his throat. “Taehyung-ah, do you want to check out the ducks by the lake when we get there with me?”

Taehyung immediately smiled and his mood seemingly brightened by ten fold. He nodded enthusiastically. “You brought bread, right?”

Hoseok scoffed. “Of course I did.”

Taehyung sighed happily before relaxing in his seat. “Are we almost there?”

Hoseok nodded. “Five minutes.”

Jungkook watched as Hoseok managed to change Taehyung’s mood completely the other way around by just a couple simple words. It really proved how close they were and how long they’ve stayed by each other’s side. Jungkook secretly envied it. Not just because it was specifically Taehyung and that Jungkook also wanted to know just as much about him as Hoseok did, but Jungkook grew up without a friend to always rely on. He was never popular and always drowned himself in practicing dance and singing at a very young age, leaving no time to make friends or focus on anything else really.

Jungkook was lonely but he wasn’t complaining. He lived a luxury life. The Jeon household was wealthy, powerful and strong. His parents loved him and he was their pride and joy. Jungkook was thankful but that didn’t mean he was always happy.

“We’re here!” Hoseok suddenly announced.

Jungkook blinked a couple times. He hadn’t realized that he had zoned out for a couple minutes. They all promptly forgot the little game before piling out of the car with anticipation and excitement. It has been a while for all of them to take such a break and it was much needed for some of them.

Jungkook walked next to Taehyung before slinging an arm around his shoulder. Taehyung didn’t seem to notice; he was too busy soaking up the thick grass, old trees and fresh flowers. Jungkook could see the lake from a far and he noticed from a distance people waving at them. He immediately recognized them as their other hyungs. They all jogged efficiently and soon reached them.

“Yo! I’ve already got the barbeque going and Seokjin has already started cooking the chicken wings. Hoseok! Did you remember to bring drinks?” Namjoon greeted them.

Hoseok grinned and nodded as he held up the cartoon of assorted pops. Namjoon smiled and Hoseok was quick to join Seokjin at the grill. Taehyung walked out of Jungkook’s grasp and went to help Yoongi set up the picnic blanket. Jungkook and Jimin scurried over as they began placing plates, napkins, cups and utensils on the smooth surface. Jimin poured drinks and distributed them. Now all they had to do was wait for the food.

“Let’s play Frisbee while we wait?” Jimin suggested as he pulled out a green Frisbee from Jin’s huge bag that was still loaded with food, games and necessities.

Everyone agreed except for those who were cooking and Yoongi. Jimin turned to the lazy hyung and pouted. Yoongi sighed as he pulled himself up. “You guys are lucky I’m so nice.”

They passed the Frisbee casually and Jungkook noticed right away that Taehyung . It wasn’t that he couldn’t catch the flying disk; he just never managed to pay long enough attention to wait for his turn. When Namjoon would pass to the younger, it always managed to hit him in the stomach or way past where he was standing.

“Is your head in the clouds or something?” Jungkook asked jokingly as he threw the Frisbee to Jimin.

Taehyung shrugged. “And what if it is?”

Jungkook shook his head as he turned to face him who stood ten meters away. “I can never figure out what you are thinking about. Are you an alien?”

Jimin rolled his eyes teasingly at the insult. “How original.”

V tilted his head to a side. It never hurt his feelings when his friends would call him the nickname but he never understood why. Hoseok tried explaining to him once but all he really said was that Taehyung was very unpredictable. “Why does everyone call me that?”

Namjoon and Jimin suddenly got into a fight on who’s turn it was to pass the Frisbee and Yoongi deemed it not worthy of his time before returning to the picnic blanket and sitting down. Namjoon and Jimin were rolling in the grass. What a surprise.

Jungkook watched them and laughed softly before returning his gaze to Taehyung. “Do you want to go on a walk?"

A rectangle smile and crescent-shaped eyes answered him. They walked towards a small trail that led to a tiny hike behind the overgrown plants. Taehyung ran from side to side looking at rocks and checking out insects before finding a long stick then poking everything with it. “How old are you again?” Jungkook joked.

Taehyung turned to him before pointing the stick at him. “Older than you.”

The singer looked at the stick before smiling. “What are you thinking about?”

Taehyung frowned before resuming his stroll. He always stayed a couple steps in front of Jungkook “What a random question. Why?”

Jungkook nodded. “Hoseok-hyung seems to have a perfect grasp on your thoughts. I want to learn a bit too.”

Taehyung pondered. “There isn’t much to learn. I’m not as complicated as everyone thinks I am.”

Jungkook laughed softly. “Then why is it so hard for me to read you?”

Taehyung grinned. “What? Are you normally good at figuring out someone else’s thoughts?”

Jungkook his lips. “Yeah, I am. Are you?”

Taehyung shook his head. “No. I’m actually horrible. I can never understand someone’s intentions or the underlying message of whatever they are doing. The only thing I can pick up is sadness. When people are sad, I don’t know how to explain it, but I can really feel it too.”

Jungkook nodded thoughtfully. “You’re innocent. Why sadness?”

Taehyung sighed. “Maybe because it’s the only emotion that I don’t find completely foreign.”

The singer swallowed. Was he prying to deep? They stayed in a comfortable silence as they continued down the dirt pathway. Taehyung stopped and turned around before smiling shyly at him. “I’m sorry. I really didn’t mean to creep you out.”

Jungkook raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean?”

Taehyung eyes wandered. “I don’t really often speak of my childhood to someone you know? But those rare times I do, I always end up boring the other person out. I guess it’s a little overbearing.”

Jungkook let out a small smile. “No it doesn’t bother. In fact, it really intrigues me. You really are more than meets the eye.”

Taehyung gave a lopsided grin before turning around and heading back to the others. “What is that supposed to mean? Did you judge me to be a shallow with no brains?”

Jungkook laughed along. “No. I thought you were adorably innocent, a bit naïve, sweet and kind, which you all are. I just didn’t expect you to know sadness so well because you are always cheerful.”

Taehyung blushed just a bit. “I think negatives are always neutralized by positives.”

Jungkook hummed. “True. What did you think of me when you first saw me?”

Taehyung laughed to himself. “To be honest, I thought you were a total . Cocky, arrogant and stupidly handsome.”

“You think I’m handsome?” Jungkook asked, hoping he didn’t sound too gleeful.

Taehyung chewed on his lips, like he was fighting a flush. “Doesn’t everybody?”

Jungkook furrowed his brows. Was V just being friendly? “Not necessarily.”

Taehyung smiled. “Ah, that’s not true. You’ve only been at our University for a couple days and you’re already everyone’s favorite. All the girls must be dying for you, huh?”

Jungkook didn’t like where this conversation was heading. “But that doesn’t mean I’m interested.”

Taehyung nodded with his lips jutted out. “I see. You’re too busy with the idol life. Man, it really must be interesting to be so famous. I wonder what it's like sometimes but then I think better not-”

“I have a crush on someone,” Jungkook spat out.

Taehyung visibly flinched but it quickly melted away. Did he look just a bit upset? Or was that Jungkook’s imagination. “Really?”

Jungkook nodded but made sure to study V’s features. “Yeah. I really like him.”

“Him?”

“Yeah.”

“Is he nice?” Taehyung asked. He was genuine.His expression stayed neutral as always. Blank as white canvas.

“Very but he has no idea.”

“Oh? What’s he like?”

“I really don’t know how to explain. Every time I feel like I’ve got an idea of him, he changes. He’s unpredictable,” Jungkook hinted.

Taehyung sighed. “Sounds like a struggle. But you’re the famous Jeon Jungkook, right? The one nicknamed as the Golden and as the Triple Threat? I’m sure he would return your feelings.”

“You really think I’m arrogant?” Jungkook suddenly asked.

Taehyung shook his head. He didn't seem surprised at the random question. “No.”

“He’s really different. He wouldn’t go with what you would think he would,” Jungkook continued.

Taehyung looked up and spotted the picnic they had left. “Then why don’t you just tell him? Aren't you normally confident?”

“Oi! Where have you guys been?” Jimin yelled as he rushed over. “The food’s almost ready.”

Jungkook forced a smile. “We just went on a little walk.”

Jimin nodded and pulled the two forward before forcing them to sit on the picnic blanket.

Jungkook looked at Taehyung who was folding his napkin into little origami shapes and sighed before looking up at the wispy clouds.

Because you might reject me.

And I’ve never felt so anxious and doubtful in my whole entire existence.


Updates are back to normal! I've finally finished my exams but summer school will be starting soon. I want to take a bunch of courses but I can't fit them all in the school year so I decided to do some summer classes. This chapter is extra long too.

What do you think? I've noticed in the comments for a while now, that you guys want some other pairings? If you want I can write side stories for them. Tell me what you want!

xoxo Victoria

PS: Thank you so being patient with me !