One: Encounter

Genuine

Taehyung laughed and clutched his stomach as he watched his best friend choke on a lemon. Jin quickly ran to his side to see if Hoseok was alright but everyone else was near tears from laughing. They were all sitting in a circle on the grassy lawn of their university campus, waiting for their morning classes to begin. Taehyung wiped his tears and clapped a hand onto Hoseok’s back before congratulating him on completing the dare that Jimin had given him. His friends that surrounded him whooped and hollered as Hoseok grinned weakly and sat down.

Taehyung was majoring in microbiology and minoring in art. He was always deemed the weird one out of his all his friends since he never ceased to surprise them with his forever-changing ideas and his four dimensional personality. They had nicknamed him the 4D Prince back in their freshman year of high school. Microbiology was the study of growth in microorganisms such as bacteria and fungi. Taehyung loved studying this because it always intrigued him learning how such small organisms could be so complex and unpredictable. He also loved being able to study art because it was like an outlet of thoughts for him.

His best friend, Hoseok was a major in sociology, the study of human behavior and a minor in dance. They had been friends since they were twelve years old and they had been neighbors for close to a decade. The two were also roommates for the dorms on campus. Taehyung loved him because Hoseok loved everyone. He never judged nor did he ever say a mean thing about anyone. He was always smiling no matter how hard the times were and was a source of unlimited hope for Taehyung. He was unbelievably funny as well.

Jimin was another old friend of his. They were the same age and had been in the same homeroom in all of middle school together. Jimin was the flirt of the group. He constantly stole girls’ hearts effortlessly with his overflowing charms and charisma. Jimin often came off as cocky to strangers but all of his close friends knew that he was actually very insecure and hardworking. He majored in kinesiology, the study of muscle and was also a minor in dance with Hoseok.

Yoongi and Jin were the oldest of the group, Jin being a year older than Yoongi. Yoongi was major in archaeology and Jin was in nursing. They were close friends with Namjoon since the three had known each other before university. Yoongi could be very lazy and serious but he could also be very childish and playful. The group sometime called him grandpa as a joke since he was sometimes so unbelievably unmotivated. Jin was the most caring out of the group. Because he was in the medical field, he often was overanxious and over-worried about everyone’s safety and health. There had been countless times where Jin had to patch up burns, cuts and welts that littered Taehyung, Hoseok and Jimin’s bodies from who even knew what.

Last but not least was Namjoon. He majored in engineering and was best friends with Yoongi. They were both phenomenal rappers and often wrote songs together. When they found out that Hoseok was wonderful rapper as well, they instantly formed a strong bond. Everyone also knew that Namjoon had a crush on Jin though he denied it furiously. Jin had always been oblivious and popular with his looks; it was hard for Namjoon to make a move.

They were all singers, rappers and dancers and that was what tied them all tightly together. Taehyung and Jimin were both singers and dancers while Jin was a singer. Hoseok, Yoongi and Namjoon were all rappers though Hoseok was also a dancer. They all had the same taste in music and often preformed together during breaks in their school year. Music brought them together and kept it that way for years. Taehyung was more than thankful.

“You okay?” Taehyung managed to ask after he finished laughing.

“Of course I am. Jimin, you owe me twenty bucks,” Hoseok replied triumphantly before shooting and expecting stare at Jimin.

“Alright, alright. I wasn’t exactly expecting you to finish the entire lemon,” Jimin grinned as he pulled out his wallet before handing a crisp bill to Hoseok.

Hoseok nodded before laughing himself. “I never turn down a dare, you know that.”

Namjoon shook his head and chuckled softly. “You guys are all idiots.”

Hoseok and Jimin feigned hurt before pointing a finger accusingly at the older. “Says that one who keeps on insisting he doesn’t have a crush on Jin-hyung.”

Namjoon frowned, fighting down his blush. “Shut up! I do not!”

Jin nodded. “Stop joking guys. We all know that Namjoon likes that chick in his engineering class.”

Yoongi raised an eyebrow. “Oh really? Where did you hear that from?”

Jin shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t remember? Some girl from the library I study at.”

Namjoon rubbed his temples. “This is giving me a headache.”

Taehyung giggled. “Ah why won’t Jin-hyung kiss your head to make you feel better?”

Namjoon jumped to his feet as he fisted his hand into Taehyung’s sweatshirt. Taehyung laughed as Namjoon tried to look threatening. No one was afraid of Namjoon anymore. They all knew that he was truly very sweet at heart.

“I swear to god I’ll-“

“Jin-hyung! Namjoon’s hurting me,” Taehyung pouted, knowing full well what was going to happen next.

“Namjoon-ah! Please let go of Taehyunnie?” Jin asked instantly.

Namjoon cursed under his breath as he relaxed his fist. Taehyung laughed as Namjoon returned to his spot on his grass while everyone just laughed. It was so obvious what Jin’s affects were on Namjoon but Jin never managed to catch the hint.

“Whoa, what’s going on over there?” Hoseok asked randomly as he pointed at a huge swarm of girls near the entrance of the university.

Everyone brought their eyes to where Hoseok was pointing. They watched as four large bodyguards began to make their way through the crowd. The security guards were in a square formation and in the center was a young boy. He had his hood up and his ear buds but he gave a small smile to the crowd. The girls swooned and the smallest smirk played on the stranger’s lips. They entered the main building and the girls were stopped from entering.

Taehyung watched closely but wasn’t able to make much of the stranger’s features. He saw red hair underneath the black hood and thin rose lips below the straight nose. The stranger wore black sunglasses but it was obvious that he was handsome.

“Who’s he?” Taehyung asked curiously.

“Who knows?” Jimin asked boredly. “All I know is that he is way too popular with the girls for my liking.”

Hoseok rolled his eyes and slung an arm around Jimin. “Don’t worry. You’ll always number one with the ladies.”

“Damn right,” Jimin replied before smirking.


“Good morning everyone. This is Jungkook. He will be joining our class,” Taehyung’s art professor announced as the girls giggled obnoxiously from their seats. “You all probably know him already though.”

Taehyung frowned before leaning towards his neighbour. “Who is he?” He whispered under his breath.

She gasped. “You don’t know? That’s Jeon Jungkook. He’s the singer. They call him the triple threat since can sing, dance and rap. One of the best ever to live.”

Taehyung raised an eyebrow before leaning back to his seat. He had never once in his life ever heard of the boy’s name. He eyed the boy from head to toe and he would be lying if he said he wasn’t attractive.

“Jungkook, there is an empty seat near Taehyung. Go sit there.”

Jungkook nodded and proceeded to sit in the only empty seat in the room. Taehyung squirmed and blushed as he felt Jungkook’s jacket brush against his arm before sitting down. He felt the back of his neck moisten when Jungkook’s eyes bore into his side. He wanted to turn to the boy and ask him what he wanted but all courage had suddenly left him. Taehyung frowned and pursed his lips together as he tried to stay focus on his professor’s lesson but found himself more aware of Jungkook’s stare.

Finally after what seemed to be twenty minutes, Jungkook’s eyes returned to the front. Taehyung exhaled and stole a quick glace to his left before returning them to his teacher. Jungkook was writing notes and looked quite relaxed. It looked like he had already grown used to the classroom. It made Taehyung wonder if Jungkook did this a lot. He his lips as he shook his head and focused on what his professor was saying.

“For the rest of the class, I want to see your skill with realistic sketches. Grab your sketchbooks and pencils and pick a partner. Draw them as realistically as you can but maintain your own art style. Do not draw each other at the same time. You will be graded. Hand it in at the end of the class. Got it?”

Everyone murmured excitedly and rustled in their seats as they all shot glances to their preferred partners even though most were directed at Jungkook. Taehyung tapped his foot impatiently as his eyes scanned the room for a partner. He loved working with another person. He always felt more at ease when people surround him. In fact, he couldn’t stand being alone. Taehyung was an abandoned orphan and had lived orphanage for most of his childhood years. Loneliness and darkness had plagued him constantly through those years but when he was adopted at the age of twelve, he began to believe in miracles. He had refused to live his life in misery any further. So he did everything he could to make him and those around him as happy as they could possibly be. That was when he had met Hoseok, the source of hope for him. To be honest, Taehyung didn’t know where he would be know if he had never met his wonderful parents who adopted him and his best friend, Hoseok.

He searched for a partner before he felt a soft tap on his shoulder. Taehyung turned and his eyes widened as Jungkook’s eyes caught his and demanded his attention.

“What’s your name?” He asked. His voice was velvety and soft. Taehyung noticed how he looked rather young.

“J-Just call me V,” Taehyung stuttered as he lowered his eyes to the ground. He often gave his second name to strangers.

Jungkook his lips and smiled. “Ah V-hyung. I’m Jungkook,”

Taehyung brought his eyes back up. “Hyung?”

Jungkook nodded as he stepped closer. “Yeah. I’m only nineteen.”

Taehyung raised both of his eyebrows. “Wow you’re young.”

Jungkook shrugged his shoulders as he shoved his hands into his pocket, the small smirk never leaving its place. “Now if you don’t mind, could you be my partner?”

Taehyung felt his face heat up as he saw several girls gasp from behind Jungkook as they eavesdropped. “Are you sure? There are plenty of others who want to work with you.”

Jungkook tilted his head to a side and smirked teasingly. “Ah, do you not like me?”

Taehyung opened his mouth in shock before standing up rather clumsily. “No, no. I just thought you might have wanted to work with some one else.”

“Then it’s okay?”

“Okay.”


Jungkook watched as his newly made friend clumsily pulled out his sketchbook and a couple pencils from his backpack. His lips were pulled into a pout and his cheeks were dusted a soft pink. It was obvious that Jungkook was affecting him but Jungkook wasn’t sure in what way.

The moment Jungkook laid his eyes on the older, he immediately found him unbelievably adorable to the point where he found him almost completely irresistible.  He couldn’t stop staring after he had taken his seat and his new professor began to explain the day’s lesson. Jungkook loved the way Taehyung would twiddle his thumbs and rub his lips together as he would try to concentrate. It made Jungkook even more intrigued how Taehyung obviously not had known who Jungkook even was. It was something new and quite refreshing. It was almost like a challenge and it was obvious that it was going to take time to make the older fall for him. But Jungkook didn’t mind. has always been the best part, right?

“Do you want to draw first or do you want me to?” Taehyung asked nervously, snapping Jungkook out of his reverie.

“I’ll draw first,” he replied smoothly as he flipped to an empty page of his notebook and grabbed his pencil.

Taehyung nodded and turned to face Jungkook. He placed his hands onto his knees and kept his eyes lowered. His shoulders were tense and his stance looked rigid. Jungkook grinned. “Relax, hyung.”

Taehyung bit his lip but nodded and Jungkook began his drawing. He was glad that the small project had given him such a great excuse to study the older’s features. Jungkook adored the light heart-shaped pink lips, soft eyes and pale skin. When his eyes caught with Taehyung’s, the older blushed before quickly looking away and his lips. Jungkook eyes followed the movement of Taehyung’s tongue swiping across his lips and his own before prying his eyes back to his work.

Self-control is key, Jungkook repeated in his head for the next hour.

When it was Taehyung’s turn to draw. All nervousness and anxiousness was quick to leave his thoughts. He loved drawing more than anything. Okay, maybe a bit less than biology but it was still definitely his favorite hobby. Jungkook’s features were nearly perfect. It amazed Taehyung how asymmetrical they were, it made it almost easy for Taehyung to draw.

Another hour passed quickly and there was only another ten minutes left of class. Taehyung was more than pleased with his drawing; he knew that he was going to at least get an A.  He was too busy fixing small details in his drawing to notice Jungkook reaching for desk. Jungkook quietly grabbed Taehyung’s cellphone before sliding to unlock the screen. He quirked an eyebrow when there wasn’t a request for a passcode but quickly made himself a contact into the older’s phone. Jungkook pulled his own personal phone and saved Taehyung’s number for the future.

“Kookie! What are you doing?” Taehyung asked when he noticed that his phone was in the singer’s hands.

Jungkook smirked as he continued to fill out his contact on the older’s phone. “Wow, nicknames already?”

Taehyung blushed. “Well I called for you and you didn’t hear me so I just said Kookie because it was shorter than Jungkookie. I won’t do it again,” he mumbled.

Jungkook laughed softly as he changed his name from Jungkook~ to Kookie~ in Taehyung’s smartphone. “No I like it.”

“Okay! Everyone hand in your sketches and you are all dismissed.” The professor suddenly yelled from upfront.

Taehyung quickly reached out to grab his phone but Jungkook was faster and quickly caught Taehyung’s hand. “Text me later, okay?”

Taehyung nodded as his cheeks began to color. Jungkook relaxed and Taehyung shoved everything into his bag before jogging up to the front and placing the drawing on the teacher’s desk.

Before Jungkook could watch him leave, he was surrounded by a swarm of girls. He put his best fake smile on and held his phone anxiously in his left hand.

Jungkook would be lying if he said that he wasn’t waiting for the text. 


So what did you think? I may or may not continue you this. Please let me know your opinion in the comments ! xo