Three: Practice

Genuine

“Hoseok-hyung! I want bubble tea,” Taehyung stated as the group made their way back to their condos after a long day of classes. They all lived in the same condo called Bighit and they all had planned to live on the same floor as well. Namjoon and Jin were roommates at the end of the hallway and next to them was Jimin and Yoongi’s apartment. In between them on the other side of the hallway was Hoseok and Taehyung’s home.

Everyday they did their best to go home together and they often ate together as well. The group was basically inseparable. Jungkook had left them at lunch.

“Sounds good. Does everyone want to come?” Hoseok asked cheerfully as he swung an arm around Yoongi.

Everyone agreed and they quickly backtracked to the small bubble tea café down the street to their condo. They entered accordingly and were greeted by the owner. She knew them well since they were regulars and helped her out at times when the shop was getting too busy or she needed help carrying boxes. Her name was Mrs. Kim and she was nearly sixty years old. Her husband was a businessman so she opened this shop to fill up her free time when her husband was away on his frequent business trips.

“Good evening boys,” she greeted warmly as they all took their usual seats at the back, next to a window.

They all bowed politely and returned a smile before ordering the drinks they always got. Taehyung always got strawberry with lychee jelly while Hoseok always went with pineapple. Namjoon and Jin both liked the classic taro flavor and Jimin liked chocolate. Yoongi had an obsession with mango and always refused to get any other flavor.

They were all talking about their days as they waited for their drinks when Taehyung’s smartphone buzzed from within his pocket. He frowned curiously since he usually never texted since he preferred being able to see the other’s face when conversing.

Of course it was Jungkook.

– Hey! What are you doing?

Taehyung tilted his head to a side.

I’m having bubble tea. –

– Oh! You mean the one near Bighit condo? I’m there now! Would you mind if I came?”

Taehyung raised both eyebrows but put his phone down since the drinks had come. He took a sip before resuming

Why are you at Bighit? –

– I live there.

Taehyung choked silently but no one noticed.

What floor? –

– Seventh. Why?

Taehyung took another sip of his bubble tea. That explained a lot. Seventh was filled with two large suites. It made sense that the two had never run into each other since he and all his friends lived on the second.

No reason. But yeah, sure you can come. –

Taehyung answered calmly. He would probably die if Jungkook founded out where he lived. He barely knew a thing about the singer yet the younger had already secured a place in his life. It scared him knowing that Jungkook was able to do that so quickly.

Jungkook didn’t reply but he showed up in around ten minutes. The others were surprised and told him to come sit with them. He pulled up a chair and ended up seated in between Yoongi and Jimin.

While the others resumed to their conversations, Jimin decided it would be best to learn more about the famous singer.

“So have you thought of a plan yet?” He asked casually.

Jungkook shook his head and sighed. “Nope. But it shouldn’t be that hard anyways, right?”

Jimin grinned. “Well you never know what will work until you try it. Anyways, what’s it like to be such an idol?”

Jungkook shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know. It has its ups and down but I don’t regret anything. “

Jimin rolled his eyes jokingly. “You’re so dramatic.”

“What? You asked for my opinion so I gave it."

Jimin laughed again. “Alright, alright. Calm down, I was just joking. “

Jungkook smiled and nodded before he let his eyes wonder. They landed on Yoongi who was sitting with a notepad and a pencil. He was writing. “What’s Yoongi-hyung doing?”

Jimin followed the direction where Jungkook’s gaze landed. “He’s writing lyrics. Namjoon and him produce songs together in their free time.”

Jungkook raised an eyebrow. “Really? That’s so cool. They write the lyrics and make the music too?”

“Yeah,” Yoongi interrupted as he looked over at the two. He smirked.

“That’s amazing,” Jungkook complimented.

“Thanks,” Yoongi replied. “What do you do other than singing?"

Jungkook swallowed as all eyes turned to him. He felt nervous for some reason. Another feeling that was new to him. “Dance, model and act from here to there.”

Hoseok grinned. “You dance? So does Jimin and I! Taehyung dances with us too.”

Jungkook took this as his cue to catch eye contact with Taehyung but the older refused to look at him directly. “We should all dance together sometime,” Jungkook suggested.

Hoseok nodded enthusiastically. “That sounds good.”

Jin suddenly spoke up. “I didn’t know you were into acting.”

Jungkook smiled, making sure to keep a good posture. “Yes. I’ve only done guest starring in a couple TV shows though and one movie.”

Jin nodded thoughtfully. “I love acting.”

Jimin suddenly started laughing. They all stared at him confusingly. “Ah! I’m sorry. It’s just funny how serious Jungkook gets when he talks to his hyungs.”

Jungkook frowned and punched the other in the arm. “Shut up.”

Jimin only laughed even harder. “Yeah, okay, Kookie.”

Jungkook blushed. “Don’t call me that!”

Jimin smirked. “You don’t like that nickname, little Kookie? Looks like I’m going to have to call you that now for the rest of your life.”

Jungkook groaned. “Stop, Jimin-hyung! I hate it when people call me that.”

Hoseok ears perked. “Oh? Then why are you saved as “Kookie” in Taehyung’s phone?”

Now it was Taehyung’s turn to blush. “Uh. I just have him saved like that. I don’t actually call him that in real life.”

Jungkook chewed on his lips as everyone accepted Taehyung’s explanation. His phone rang. It was his manager. He quickly excused himself from the table and exited the shop.

“Hello?” He answered politely.

“Jungkook-ah? We’ve got a problem. You know the music video we are shooting for you this weekend? Well we will have to postpone it.”

Jungkook knitted his eyebrows together. “Are you serious? Why?”

“A lot of the people who were supposed to help out went on strike.”

Jungkook rubbed his temples with his other free hand. “You’ve got to be kidding. Who exactly?”

“Your back up dancers mainly.”

. “Can’t you find other people?”

“Not in such a small amount of time.”

Jungkook bit the inside of his cheek. “When will we film it then?”

There was a loud sigh on the other line. “I don’t know. It will have to depend with your CEO. But what’s for sure is that we will have to have you go on leave from your school for at least the next two weeks so we can sort this out. We don’t want any paparazzi getting in on this.”

Jungkook swore under his breath. He loved going to university. It gave him a break from his normal idol life. The singer had already made wonderful friends but how would they react if he were just to disappear for a couple weeks? He knew it would break the trust between Taehyung and him and that wouldn’t exactly strengthen his bond with the others either. “What if I can get some dancers by Saturday?”

“How are you going to get three dancers who know the routine in four days? Don’t you think that you are being a bit unreasonable, Jungkook-ah?” His manager asked, his voice filled with alarm and disbelief.

“Just give me a shot. I promise. Have I ever broken a promise before?” Jungkook insisted.

There was a paused. “Fine but remember that you only got four days. If this miracle of a plan of yours fails then you will be leaving school for a month. Got it?”

Jungkook swallowed. “Yes.”

“Alright. Well I’m going to discuss this with everyone else now. Call me tomorrow.”

Jungkook waited for his manager to hang up before doing the same. He reentered the café. They all smiled as he took a seat down but he kept his expression serious.

“Hoseok-hyung, you said that you, Jimin-hyung and Taehyung danced right?”

Hoseok raised an eyebrow. “Yes?”

“Well I’ve got a favor to ask.”


“I don’t want to do it!” Taehyung whined as he face planted himself into Hoseok and his’ shared couch.

“He asked us nicely though! I think we should give it a shot,” Hoseok argued as he went to their kitchen to grab a cup of water. Jungkook had asked them to be backup dancers for his new and upcoming music video. Jimin had agreed immediately while Hoseok deemed a good chance at trying something new. Taehyung was the only one who refused. “Why are you so against it?”

Taehyung bit his lip. “Jungkook is scary,” he mumbled quietly.

Hoseok laughed as he took a seat next to the other. “Oh? How so?”

Taehyung rolled back onto his back. “I don’t know. He confuses me.”

Hoseok stretched his legs onto the coffee table. “Well you are the one usually confusing everyone else. This is pretty exciting that we finally found someone who confuses you.

Taehyung just grumbled and Hoseok laughed. “Ah come one. It won’t be that bad. It’ll be fun”

After they finished their homework and crammed in some studying, they went to their bedrooms. Taehyung took a long hot shower and sat on his bed before pulling out his laptop. Curiosity took him over as he put Jungkook’s name into Google’s search engine. As he scrolled through articles and listened to a couple songs, he realized how popular Jungkook actually was. Taehyung had no idea. It was amazing how he had never even heard of the singer.

He looked at the top of the screen and turned off his laptop when he realized it was midnight. Laying back in bed, he pulled his covers up to his chin and curled his body into a small ball. He flinched when his phone buzzed.

Groaning he checked it. He already knew who it was going to be. It was Jungkook. What a surprise.

– So have you decided if you are going to help me or not?

Yeah. I’ll do it. Now let me go to sleep. –

– Yay :D Thank you so much.

You’re welcome. –

– After school tomorrow, we will go meet with my choreographer so you guys can start learning it.

Okay. –

– Good night, hyung. Sweet dreams.


Jungkook smiled cheerfully at the girls who waited for him near the entrance gate as he headed for his art class. He was in a good mood since he had convinced his three hyungs to be part of his music video. Jungkook pulled the door open to his classroom and went to his seat. He was surprised to see that Taehyung wasn’t there. Usually, the older would have been already in his seat with his fingers linked together, waiting patiently for the class to begin. Jungkook swirled the pencil in his fingers as the clock indicated that there was only five minutes before the class were to start. He flinched when the door slammed open.

Jungkook smirked as he saw Taehyung stumble tiredly into the classroom. His hair was messy and his clothes were disheveled. He watched as Taehyung rubbed his eyes and dragged his bag to his seat. He heard a couple girls giggle from beside him and realized that they were staring too. Once Taehyung plopped sleepily into his seat, three girls approached him.

“Taehyung-oppa, you look really tired,” one stated with a kind smile.

The boy grinned sleepily. “Yeah, I woke up late.”

The next girl smiled as she handed him a red thermos. “Here is some coffee.”

He stared at the drink before taking it and beaming. “Thank you so much!”

The three girls blushed and the third spoke up. “No problem. We added tons of cream and sugar to it as well.”

Taehyung took a quick sip and smiled. “It’s perfect! Thank you.”

The three girls bowed and returned to their seats. Taehyung readjusted himself comfortably before taking another swig. He curled his fingers around the warm thermos and sighed contently. Taehyung then turned towards the girls and waved at them as he thanked them once more.

Jungkook cleared his throat irritably. Jimin had been right. “Good morning, hyung.”

Taehyung brought his sleepy eyes over to the younger. He smiled. “Hey.”

The class began before Jungkook could say anything more but his fingers brimmed with excitement as the hours passed. He couldn’t wait to spend more time with Taehyung.

The bell rang and Taehyung followed Jungkook out of the classroom. They met up with Jimin and Hoseok and Taehyung immediately clung to his hyung’s side. Jungkook sighed and Jimin laughed. A black, sleek limousine was already waiting for them when they left the campus. The four piled in and began to make their way to the dance studio. There wasn’t much talking while Jungkook explained the procedure and showed the other three the routine on his smartphone. Hoseok and Jimin nodded thoughtfully from here and there but Taehyung’s eyes kept wandering.

Jimin noticed Jungkook staring at Taehyung. “Ah, don’t worry about him. He heard everything you said, he’s just bored.”

Jungkook couldn’t help but feel offended. Jimin didn’t notice. They arrived at the studio after another ten minutes. They all filed behind Jungkook and bowed respectfully when they met the instructor. They talked and briefed for another half and hour before beginning to teach the three the routine. Jungkook was absolutely amazed by how fast they learned. The three managed to ace the first half of the routine in only nearly three hours.

The instructor signaled the end of practice and the four hauled themselves off the ground to say goodbye and thank him. Once he left, Taehyung collapsed on the floor while Hoseok and Jimin downed water. Jungkook had his hands rested on his knees and swallowed thickly when his eyes landed on Taehyung. The older’s skin was covered in a light sheen of sweat, plastering a couple loose strands to his forehead while his eyes were squeezed shut. His face was flushed a rose color and his lips were parted as sharp breaths were inhaled then quickly exhaled. His chest heaved up and down from the vigorous dance routine and his body was visibly sore and spent. It didn’t help when a strip of pale skin was exposed because of his shirt had ridden just slightly up, revealing sharp hipbones and a toned abdomen. He basically looked like he had just had-

“Jungkook-ah, you want some water?” Hoseok asked, interrupting Jungkook’s reverie.

The singer tore his eyes away from Taehyung. “Uh, yeah sure. Thanks.”

Hoseok nodded and threw him a bottle of water before turning to the one still on the floor. “Oi! Taehyung! Let’s go home.”

Taehyung cracked an eyelid open before groaning as he got up.

“Well see you tomorrow.” Hoseok said as he, Taehyung and Jimin made their way to the door.

“Yeah good work today. ” Jimin added.

Taehyung mustered up a shy smile. “Bye, Kookie~”

Jungkook chewed on his lip as Jimin complained about not having a pet name. Taehyung was going to be the death of him, “Good bye, hyungs.”


This chapter is a bit longer than the others and I updated faster as well. 

Comment~