Five: Worlds

Genuine

Jungkook woke up to the sound of light snores and blinked sleepily a couple times before scanning the unfamiliar surroundings. He felt a light weight on his arm and turned to see Taehyung’s head rested upon it. Jungkook smiled when last night’s events returned to his memory. He watched as Taehyung’s body rose and fell from his soft breathing and the closed eyes and pink lips that tempted him so much. He settled for a soft kiss in Taehyung’s hair before slowly pulling himself out of the bed. Taehyung squirmed a bit but Jungkook put a pillow in his place and the older fell back to sleep in an instant.

Jungkook made his way to the kitchen and made three cups of coffee. One for him, another for Taehyung and one for Hoseok-hyung as well. He had remembered the three girls from a couple days earlier saying that Taehyung liked his coffee extremely sweet and creamy so he put in teaspoon fills of each. Jungkook personally only liked his coffee with a half spoon of each but he didn’t know how Hoseok liked his so he made it a regular. When the coffee had finished, he checked the counter where the phone and keys were placed upon and found a notepad and a pen. He wrote a quick note before bringing the coffee and the slip of paper to Taehyung’s bedside. He quickly drank his warm coffee and slipped on his shoes to head back to his own apartment to get ready, Hoseok greeted him.

“Good morning, Jungkook-ah. It’s only four in the morning, why are you up so early?” he said cheerfully but still a bit sleepily as he headed for the kitchen.

Jungkook bowed. “Good morning, hyung. I have to go early for the music video shooting. You hyungs don’t have to be there until six.”

Hoseok spotted the coffee and grinned. “Is this for me?”

Jungkook nodded and Hoseok smiled gratefully as he took a sip. “You’re a great kid.”

“I’m not a kid,” Jungkook mumbled quietly under his breath.

Though he was quiet, Hoseok was still able to hear him in the silent morning. He laughed. “Right, sorry. Anyways, thank you for taking care of Taehyung last night.”

Jungkook bowed again. “It wasn’t a problem.”

Hoseok nodded thoughtfully after taking another drink from the mug. “Still, I’m thankful. I’ll see you later then? Where are we supposed to meet you again?”

“I’ll text you the address in a second.”

“Alright.”

Jungkook bowed one last time before exiting. He was excited. The music video shooting was going to be fun.


Taehyung tried not to squint as the noonas applied another line of black eyeliner but now on his lower lash line rather than his upper. Jimin who sat in the chair beside him was having the same problem. Hoseok had his makeup finished and was now the ladies who surrounded them were working on his hair. Jimin squirmed in his seat and tapped his foot. He was beyond bored and the fact that he wasn’t allowed to move just drove him crazy.

Taehyung was nervous. He knew that if he messed up, it would look bad on Jungkook and he didn’t want that to happen. His hands were clammy and his heartbeat was erratic. There was nothing he could do to stop it though.

Once the ladies deemed that the three boys were ready, they filed out of the room into the music video set. They all gasped at the huge scene. There were people running back and forth trying to finish last minute errands while expensive cameras were being stuck onto tall cranes and wires were being plugged in to light the dramatic set.

Taehyung quickly scanned for Jungkook since he had not seen him once this morning. The older would be lying if he said that he wasn’t disappointed when he woke up without the singer by his side. But he quickly got over that after seeing the fresh coffee and cute little note that said he would be leaving early and that he would see Taehyung soon.

Good Morning, Tae.

I'll be heading to the music video set first. I'll see you there soon! I made you some coffee. You like it super sugary and creamy, right?

Anyways, don't miss me too much!

~Kookie.

He spotted him near who Taehyung assumed to be, the music video director. Jungkook with his hair styled and black smudge eyeliner made him look so much older and more mature. His dark eyes were emphasized with makeup and his hair was styled to look careless but still sharp. Taehyung watched as the people around him fixed his hair, dabbed at his face, and straightened his clothes. Jungkook really did look like a star and they haven’t even started filming yet. Taehyung suddenly felt embarrassed in his own skin.

Jungkook spotted them and smiled as he jogged over. They all greeted each other but Taehyung was sure to be more formal. He bowed. “Good Morning, Jungkook-ah.”

Jungkook grinned but his eyes felt like they were burning in Taehyung’s. “Good morning, Tae,” he said smoothly.

Taehyung swallowed before looking away. “So when will we begin?”

Jungkook looked back at the director and he nodded before turning back to the three. “Now.”

The filming began and the three students found themselves getting used to it. It was a rather simple music video but had killer choreography so when they had to repeat several times, everyone found themselves tiring out as the hours would pass by. They got breaks every hour but they all only lasted five minutes long. In those five minutes, they barely had anytime to drink any water let alone let the noonas readjust their outfits, hair and makeup.

Throughout the entire shooting, Taehyung was able to see a side of Jungkook he had never seen before. Jungkook took charge of the music video with ease. He didn’t look the slightest bit nervous and his aura emitted confidence, authority, and professionalism. It amazed Taehyung and the older realized why so many girls tried so hard to grab the singer’s attention.

Jungkook could sing, dance and rap all wonderfully. He was beyond handsome and his personality didn’t disappoint either. He was funny, joyful and carefree but Jungkook could also be professional, mature and blunt when it was needed. Taehyung would admit that Jungkook was a bit haughty though. Something that Taehyung couldn’t stand.

Arrogance was one of Taehyung’s most hated things. Arrogance drove people to selfishness, jealousy, possessiveness and hatred. Humans who drowned in arrogance swallowed the need of power hungrily and no amount was ever enough. They thirsted for the downfall of others to see themselves swell with perfection. The emotions of others were just pawns in chess for them to use and throw away.

But Jungkook wasn’t like that, Taehyung knows. Jungkook was the type of guy to be able to be confident in himself without over doing it. Something as rare as diamonds to see now a days. Taehyung sighed as he drank more from his water bottle and got into position for the filming of the next scene.

Jungkook and him were worlds apart.


By the time they are finish it is three in the morning. Taehyung, Hoseok and Jungkook tiredly drag their feet out of the van and into the apartment building. The music video filming had been a complete success. There was not a single problem that they had run into and Jungkook managed to surprise all of the staff with his new founds. Jungkook rubbed his eyes wearily as he the three filed into the elevator. When the door rang to the second floor, where Hoseok and Taehyung were to get off, Yoongi, Namjoon and Seokjin instantly greeted them. The three then dragged the tired performers to Yoongi and Jimin’s shared apartment and a table with a feast rested upon waited for them. Jungkook thanked his hyungs a million times while Jimin was nearly in tears. They were all starving and were only able to have a couple snacks from here and there during the shoot.

It touched Taehyung, Hoseok and Jungkook how they all stayed up and waited for them let alone make them dinner. Jungkook hadn’t experienced something like this since he debuted, the feeling of having something to come home to. He was overwhelmed how Hoseok and Taehyung looked like that they had already known the older hyungs would do such a thing. It was true friendship, trust, and the feeling of family.

Jungkook smiled happily to himself as he shoveled more rice into his mouth with his chopsticks. There was not much talking because the four were busy eating as much as they could and as fast as they could.

But when they finished, Jungkook stood up and bowed. “Thank you so much. This really means a lot.”

Everyone laughed and Jungkook frowned confusingly. Namjoon spoke up. “It’s not a problem. We’re all friends. It’s expected of each other. We have to support one another and take care of one another.”

Jungkook grinned. He was so grateful for having met these people.

“Oi! You guys aren’t going home just yet. You got to tell me how it went,” Yoongi complained as they began to bring the dishes to the sink.

Hoseok grinned. “Yeah, yeah.”

They all sat around the couches and the four told the three everything they could remember. The hyungs stayed fascinated and nodded enthusiastically as they spoke. When they finished, no one was tired anymore.

“So Taehyunnie, who do you like?” Jimin suddenly asked as a sly smirk spread across his lips. Jungkook was quick to focus on the Taehyung.

Taehyung immediately felt his cheeks heat up as all eyes turned to him. “What’s this all of a sudden?”

Jimin shrugged. “I don’t know. We’re bored. Do you like somebody?”

Taehyung chewed on his lip as he furrowed his eyebrows. “N-No.”

Namjoon grinned. “Liar.”

Taehyung felt himself panic. Hoseok then spoke up. He was curious as well but it was obvious Taehyung wasn’t exactly sure of his feelings. “What about you, Jiminnie?” he asked, changing the subject. Jungkook sighed to himself. He wished that they stayed on Taehyung for just a bit longer. The singer’s patience was wearing down day by day. It would only be so long before Jungkook would crack and corner the other.

Jimin swallowed as he watched Yoongi smirk and lean back into his seat in the corner of his eye. “No one.”

Namjoon rolled his eyes. “Looks like we got another liar.”

Jimin fought to keep his blush down as he tried to keep his eyes off of Yoongi. “What about you, Namjoon-hyung? I’m pretty sure some chick will be asking the person you like out by the end of this month. You better get a move on.”

Namjoon’s eyes widened. “Where did you hear that?”

Jimin grinned. “The girl told me in my kinesiology class. I’m friends with her.”

Namjoon swore under his breath and Seokjin frowned. “Who do you like Namjoon-ah? How come you won’t tell me?”

Namjoon buried his face into his hands but was quick to stand up. “Okay well. Let’s call it a night.”

Everyone laughed softly before standing up and exchanging goodbyes. Hoseok suddenly spoke up. “Let’s all do something together tomorrow."

Seokjin nodded. “Yeah. The weather’s been really nice for the last couple of days and I’ve been craving barbeque.”

Jimin fist pumped. “So barbeque and picnic?”

Everyone agreed and left promptly. Jungkook tried to go say goodbye Taehyung properly but he was at the back while Taehyung was at the front. By the time, Jungkook left Jimin and Yoongi’s home, Taehyung had already entered his own apartment. Jungkook sighed and shoved his hands into his pockets.

It was all right. He had all of tomorrow after all.


Hello everyone! So the next chapter will be really focused on building a strong foundation between Taehyung and Jungkook. Comment~