Two: Introduce

Genuine

“Who’s Kookie?” Hoseok asked as he lazily scrolled through Taehyung’s phone and popped a small cherry tomato in his mouth.

Taehyung laughed nervously as he leaned back into his sofa. They were back at their dorm and the sky was already nearly completely black. “Jungkook?” He replied weakly.

Hoseok narrowed his eyes. “The Jungkook? The one from this morning?”

Taehyung just nodded.

Hoseok began laughing. “Are you serious? How do you already have his phone number? Some chicks would kill to be in your shoes right now.”

Taehyung relaxed when he heard Hoseok’s laugh. “Well he just took my phone and put his number in.”

Hoseok stopped laughing before turning to Taehyung. “What? Did he ask you to text him too?”

“Yes…?”

Hoseok’s eyebrows shot up and his lips split into a suggestive smirk. “Damn. Is he hot? When are you going to text him? You better tell me all the details once you get into his pants.”

Taehyung blushed as he stammered. “What?! You ert! You know that I’m not like that.”

Hoseok laughed again before grabbing a piece of celery this time. “Yeah, yeah I know. I was teasing you. But seriously, is he nice?”

Taehyung rubbed his lips together. “I guess. He’s nice so far.”

Hoseok hummed. “Good. You should introduce us.”

Taehyung just nodded absently. The two said their goodnights and made way to their bedrooms. Taehyung had already taken a shower and was already dressed in his baggy sleepwear so he just quickly slipped under the thick covers of his bed. He turned over and stared at his digital alarm clock. It was only eleven, He sighed as he laid back onto his back. It always took Taehyung a couple hours before he could fall asleep but he didn’t mind. He enjoyed the free time to think to himself though he did his best not to feel lonely. He lazily dragged his eyes over the contents of his room until they landed on his cellphone, which rested on his bedside table. Taehyung stretched an arm before grabbing it and bringing it to his face. He chewed his lips as Jungkook’s words ran through his head. Slowly, he clicked on the contact name and opened a message; he smiled to himself at Jungkook’s little nickname. A small message couldn’t hurt right?

Hey. –

Taehyung flinched in surprise when his phone buzzed nearly immediately after he had sent the text.

–  Finally. What took you so long? :(

Taehyung laughed softly. It’s been a while since he’s seen someone use emoticons.


Jungkook wrapped a towel around his waist before grabbing another towel and drying his hair. He sighed irritably as he stepped into his bedroom. He was bothered that V hadn’t texted him back. The feeling of waiting was a new thing for Jungkook. He usually got what he wanted right away but Jungkook didn’t mind. It was something new. It excited him.

His head perked up when he heard his phone ding from his desk. Throwing the towel he had in his hand aside, he quickly bolted to the bureau and grabbed his phone. He smiled when he saw it was from V. Took you long enough.

Hey. –

Jungkook frowned. That was it? You’ve got to be kidding. 

–  Finally. What took you so long? :(

He his lips as he waited anxiously for a reply. One came quickly.

I don’t know. I was bored and I couldn’t sleep I guess. –

Jungkook pursed his lips. Another text came.

What are you doing? –

The younger smiled.

– I just took a shower. Now I’m getting ready for bed.

Oh. Good Night. –

Jungkook’s eyes widened as he frantically typed.

– I’m not going to bed just yet :(

Okay. –

Jungkook rolled his eyes.

– You are so not cute over texting.

It took nearly five minutes for V to reply. Jungkook was hoping because he was too busy blushing.

I’m not cute. –

The singer smiled as he took a seat on his bed.

– And I’m not hot. Come one, we both know we’re both lying.

You sure are confident. –

Jungkook his lips. V was so different over the phone. Jungkook couldn’t tell if he was joking or not without hearing his voice, seeing his expression. The singer immediately pressed the call button. It took three rings before V picked up.

“Hello?” His voice was timid and sounded a bit sleepy. Jungkook thought it was cute.

“Hey,” Jungkook replied smoothly.

“W-Why are you calling so late at night? You could have just texted me,” V mumbled.

“I wanted to hear your voice,” Jungkook answered knowing full well how V would react.

“Ah- Well I’m going to hang up,” V said quickly after a couple minutes of rustling sounds.

Jungkook laughed. “Okay. Good night, V-hyung.”

“Goodnight.”


Taehyung immediately flushed once he saw Jungkook enter the classroom. He immediately clamped his lips together and kept his eyes focused towards his desk, ignoring the singer completely. Taehyung was hoping Jungkook wouldn’t talk to him. The boy had some kind of effect on him and it really confused Taehyung.

“Good Morning~”

Taehyung closed his eyes. Damn it. He quickly looked over at Jungkook and gave him a small smile before a quick greeting and turning back to his desk.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow but decided to pretend not to notice the older’s strange behavior. “Can I eat at lunch with you today, hyung?”

Taehyung bit his lip. “Uh, sure.”

Jungkook grinned. “Awesome. I get to meet all your friends.”

Taehyung nodded and refused to talk to Jungkook for the rest of the class but that didn’t stop the singer from staring at him. Taehyung always felt hot under the other’s gaze.

Their professor dismissed them and Taehyung was quick to gather his things before throwing them into his backpack. He glanced at the clock that stood right above the blackboard. It was one o’clock in the afternoon.

Jungkook didn’t say anything as he followed Taehyung silently out of the classroom and into the outdoors of the campus. It was early fall so the sun felt warm on their skin but a slight breeze kept them cool. Taehyung spotted his friends from beneath a tree near the entrance and ran excitedly towards them. Jungkook did his best to keep up.

“Hey! This is Jungkook,” Taehyung introduced quickly before taking a seat.

Jungkook nodded and bowed at all the strangers. “Please to meet you all.”

They all smiled and shook the singer’s hand. The student who sat next to V and had brown hair and a contagious grin laughed. “Ah so this is the infamous Jungkook. It’s nice to finally meet you. I’m Hoseok.”

Jungkook smiled and opened his mouth to reply but a boy with jet-black hair and obviously packed muscle under his shirt spoke. “Hey. I’m Jimin,” he introduced himself smoothly. Jungkook felt himself smirk. He had a feeling they would get along quite well.

The rest introduced themselves one after the other and they all hung out for an hour. Jungkook learned what they all studied in and how they all had a talent for music. He would have to check that out later. Jungkook also caught on to their personalities quite well. Hoseok and Jimin were funny and easygoing while Jin and Namjoon were a bit harder to relax around. They were both nice by all means; they just scared Jungkook just a bit when they had just met. Yoongi was a nice middle ground.

Jungkook watched as V clung himself to Hoseok’s arms like a koala and pouted when Hoseok refused to give him one of his fries. The younger pouted some more and Hoseok finally gave in and fed him a piece. V grinned cheekily before quickly stealing another. Hoseok gave a soft punch to V’s arm before laughing himself.

“Are they close?” Jungkook asked as he leaned slightly towards Jimin.

“Huh? Oh you mean Hoseok-hyung and Taehyung-ah?” Jimin asked as he finished his protein shake.

Jungkook frowned. “Who’s Taehyung?”

Dumbfounded, Jimin stared at Jungkook with blank eyes before bursting out laughing. Tears fell from his eyes as he tried to catch his breath. All eyes were on the pair.

“Oi Taehyung! You never told Jungkook your real name?”

Jungkook immediately felt anger boil in his stomach. V didn’t even trust him enough with his real name.

Taehyung eyes widened as he stammered. “N-Not yet. Jimin-ah~ you know that I don’t give my real name to strangers.”

Jungkook clenched his teeth. “We’re not strangers.”

Taehyung lips trembled. He didn’t understand why Jungkook could be so angry over something so little. He was scaring him and Taehyung didn’t like the idea of Jungkook getting angry with him. “I’m sorry! My real name is Kim Taehyung. Please don’t be mad.”

Jungkook relaxed. How could he not after seeing the other close to tears? “I’m not, don’t worry.”

Taehyung visibly exhaled before beaming. “I’m glad then!”

Jungkook nodded as Taehyung quickly resumed his attention on Hoseok. Jungkook sighed and Jimin laughed. “Don’t you think you overreacted just a bit?”

Jungkook swallowed. “I suppose,” he replied safely.

Jimin raised an eyebrow before wiggling it suggestively. “Oh? Don’t tell me you’re going after the poor boy.”

Jungkook didn’t reply and Jimin took it as a yes. “Taehyung’s so innocent, I doubt he’s even had his first kiss yet–“ Jungkook his lips. Not even his first kiss yet? Taehyung was so cute Jungkook could die.  “–If you want just a quick you should probably go find someone else,” Jimin replied, his tone serious. It was his first priority to protect his friends after all.

Jungkook widened his eyes in shock before quickly turning them to Jimin. “I’m nothing like that. If I just wanted to get laid I would have done that a long time ago.”

Jimin nodded and smiled. “Ah. Then why are you so hooked on Taehyung already? Have you guys even known each other a full forty eight hours?”

Jungkook shook his head and smiled. “I don’t know. Just something about him.”

Jimin pretending to stick a finger down his throat, pretending to barf. “Gross. You sound like you just came out of romantic comedy.”

Jungkook laughed as he brought his water bottle to his lips. “He’s just too irresistible, okay? If anything, that’s not even my fault.”

Jimin grinned. “Well good luck. You’re not the only one who’s got eyes on him.”

Jungkook choked on his drink and Jimin laughed. “You like him?!”

Jimin faked a grimace. “Of course not. None of us do because we’ve all known him for too long. I mean like girls around campus and in his class and such.”

Jungkook sort of relaxed since that meant that he didn’t have competition with Hoseok but it didn’t calm him down. “Are you serious?”

Jimin nodded. “Are you serious? You haven’t even noticed? If he managed to catch even your eye, imagine his effect on everyone else who is normal.”

Jungkook closed his eyes and groaned. If Taehyung were to have a crush on a normal student, the said student who have so much of a better chance than Jungkook would because Taehyung was obviously not the kind who would go for the expected. Taehyung was the type of guy that would do the opposite of what was expected. His personality was almost four-dimensional. Though Jungkook found it endearing at times, it made things sometimes quite a ways harder for him. “Do a lot of people like him?”

“Not more than me obviously,” Jimin replied jokingly. “But still a damn good amount.”

Jimin saw the worry lines on Jungkook’s forehead and added. “You can’t call yourself a man if you give up.”

Jungkook cracked an eyelid open. “I was never planning on to.”

Jimin smiled. “Well good. Here’s my advice. Taehyung’s attention span is probably smaller than that of a fly. When you manage to keep it solely on you, then you know you’ve got him.”

Jungkook grinned. “Ah you’re quite supportive even though you barely know a thing about me.”

Jimin shrugged. “You will be good for Taehyung and he will be for you. Whether it works out or not is not for me to say but I think you both have nothing to lose. What can I say? I’ve got good intuition,” he replied cheekily.

“But are they always right?” Jungkook asked.

“Well are you going to be the first to prove me wrong?"


Foreshadows are my favourite.

Ah please tell me what you think.