Four: Scary

Genuine

It was Friday, that last day before the music video would be filmed. Hoseok, Jimin and Taehyung had all memorized and executed flawlessly the routine. It still managed to take Jungkook’s breathe away how fast the three were be able to learn it. To be honest, the singer had not been expecting his hyungs to be this good. He was more than proven wrong.

He sighed irritably as the instructor called for them to run through the dance a final time. Jungkook looked over at Taehyung before sighing once more. He had thought that the dance practices would have given the two more time together. The singer had thought that it would have been a wonderful opportunity to learn more about the other and set his plan in motion. Instead, they were constantly drilled with practicing, leaving no time to spare even a short glance at each other. Jungkook had caught a couple lingering gazes that ran over his body from time to time from Taehyung but he couldn’t tell if it was just Taehyung’s eyes wandering aimlessly or if he was actually checking the younger out.

The dance instructor ended the final practice early to let the bodies of the boys fully rest before the next day. He shook everyone’s hands and the students all exchanged bows before filing out of the studio.

“Hey Taehyung! There’s this little motorcycle show in half an hour in downtown. Do you want to come with Jimin and I?” Hoseok suddenly asked.

Taehyung smiled but shook his head. “Nah, I’m tired. I’m going to go get some rest but don’t forget to take pictures!”

Hoseok pursed his lips but nodded before turning to Jungkook. “Do you want to come then, Jungkook?” He asked cheerfully.

“I have a lot of homework to catch up on. I wish I could though~” Jungkook answered sadly.

Hoseok grinned. “Oh that . Next time, okay?”

Jungkook nodded and the two older hyungs turned around, heading towards Hoseok’s truck. Taehyung adjusted the strap on his bag before heading home. Jungkook was quick to catch up on him.

“Where do you live?” He asked calmly.

Taehyung laughed nervously. “Why do you need to know?”

Jungkook raised an eyebrow. “I’m just curious.”

Taehyung didn’t say anything as they walked in blanket of silence that nearly drowned the singer but the older didn’t seem to mind. Jungkook reached his the Bighit building and was surprised when Taehyung entered as well.

“Do you live here too?” Jungkook asked. He hoped that he didn’t sound too excited.

“N-no,” Taehyung stuttered before running towards a closing elevator.

Jungkook stood there with his eyebrows crossed. It was obvious Taehyung was lying. He immediately found himself walking towards the receptionist.

“Can you tell me where Kim Taehyung lives?” He asked politely, making sure his charm was on full blast.

It worked. The lady blushed furiously. “The s-second floor.”

Jungkook grinned and winked. “Thank you.”


Taehyung booked it to his and Hoseok’s apartment in record time before slamming the door shut behind him. He slid down the door and buried his face in his hands. He was hoping that Jungkook hadn’t figured out yet but Taehyung was probably the worst liar to ever walk the face of this planet.

The doorbell rang and Taehyung froze. “W-Who is it?” he asked quietly, his voice barely louder than a squeak.

“Mail.”

Taehyung exhaled in relief as he got up from the floor and brushed off his pants before pulling the door open.

His eyes widened as when they met that of not the local mailman’s but of Jungkook’s. He whimpered as he tried to hurriedly close the door but was blocked by the fist of the singer’s. Jungkook laughed softly to himself at the older’s attempts.

“You really are quite oblivious sometimes,” he said teasingly as he pushed the door fully open.

Taehyung felt his face heat up. “This isn’t my house.”

Jungkook rolled his eyes jokingly and stepped around the older and into the home. “So do you live here with Hoseok-hyung?”

He waited for an answer but none came so he turned around. Taehyung nodded.

“Are you busy right now?” Jungkook asked cautiously.

Taehyung shook his head.

“Then do you want to set up a movie?”

Taehyung rubbed his lips together as he quietly panicked. He wasn’t sure what was going on. Why was Jungkook suddenly in his home? Why were they suddenly on a movie date together? Why were they alone at night? Wait…What?! Taehyung blushed as unwelcomed thoughts overwhelmed his brain.

“You okay, Tae?”

Taehyung snapped out of his thoughts and frowned. “Tae?”

Jungkook smirked. “If I get a nickname, so do you.”

“But I’m your hyung!” Taehyung pouted.

Jungkook smiled. He was glad that he managed to pull the older out of his scared state just a few seconds ago. Jungkook wasn’t kidding when he said that Taehyung had a four dimensional personality. “Then you can’t call me Kookie anymore.”

Taehyung pondered. He liked the pet name. The older thought it suited the younger very well. “Fine, fine.” He agreed as he dragged himself over to the flat screen television. “What movie do you want to watch?” He asked.

“A horror movie?” Jungkook suggested. He watched carefully as Taehyung visibly tensed. Jungkook smirked. Taehyung was scared of horror movies. Perfect.

“U-Uh. Are you sure you don’t want to watch anything else?” The older asked quietly.

“What? Are you scared?” Jungkook provoked.

Taehyung scowled. “Of course not!”

Jungkook snickered. “Then let’s watch a horror movie then.”

Taehyung drooped his head in defeat. “Fine. What movie?”

Jungkook shrugged his shoulders as he headed towards the pantry and began raiding for snacks. “I don’t know. You pick.”

“Insidious?” Taehyung suggested. He had already seen it once with Hoseok even though he basically ted himself.

Jungkook nodded as he grabbed a bag of popcorn and popped it into the microwave. “Yeah sure.”

Taehyung placed the DVD into the player before making himself comfortable on the sofa. He surrounded himself with five pillows and two blankets, one completely wrapped around his body and over his head while the other just around his shoulders as he waited patiently for Jungkook to come.

Jungkook burst out laughing when he saw the little fortress that Taehyung had created once he had brought the bowl of fresh popcorn over.

Taehyung pouted angrily. “What?!”

“Do you really need all of that?”

Taehyung refused to meet his eyes with Jungkook’s. “I do what I want, now come sit down!”

Jungkook grinned as he followed the older’s instructions and placed himself next to Taehyung. He pressed play on the control and the opening credits began. Jungkook whined. “Tae! I’m cold. Stop hogging all the blankets.”

He wasn’t cold. Jungkook just wanted to get closer.

Taehyung puffed. “Damn it Kookie! Get your own!”

Jungkook took that as his cue to pry off the blankets of the other before blanketing the two together. He could feel Taehyung’s heat seep into the folds of his thin t-shirt. Taehyung crossed his arms stubbornly as Jungkook tucked the two in and placed the pillows around them. Taehyung was so cute that Jungkook should have gotten an award for not taking the older then and there.

The movie began and Taehyung moved restlessly but made sure to not touch Jungkook at all. The singer noticed. They were only fifteen minutes in when the lady in the movie heard strange whispering into the baby monitor. Jungkook watched as Taehyung’s eyes widened and his fingers curled tighter into the blanket. The lady then walked upstairs before she heard screaming and saw a figure behind a cloth. Taehyung yelped and basically climbed himself into Jungkook’s lap. Jungkook smirked. This was what he had been waiting for.

“You know you’re pretty heavy,” Jungkook teased.

Taehyung blushed before scrambling off of the singer, much to his discontentment. “I’m sorry. I always do stuff like that to whoever I’m with when I’m watching horror movies.”

Jungkook hummed but pursed his lips. So he did that with everyone? “It’s okay. I don’t mind.”

Taehyung nodded before slowly returning his attention to the movie.

By the time the end of the movie rolled around, when the man in the horror movie was fighting the demons, Taehyung had his arms wrapped around Jungkook’s neck and his face buried into the singer’s neck. Jungkook could feel Taehyung tremble ever so slightly so he tightened his arm that was around the older and smiled softly. He held the temptation to kiss the other.

In other words, Jungkook was loving it and this would not be the last horror movie they would be watching together.

When the screen went black, Taehyung sighed. “Ah man. I hate horror movies,” he whined as he loosened his hold around the singer’s neck.

Jungkook grinned. “I thought you said you didn’t get scared during horror movies.”

Taehyung frowned and immediately pulled himself away from Jungkook. Jungkook watched curiously as the older waddled over to his cell phone, which was placed, on the kitchen counter before the movie.

Taehyung held one for speed dial and pressed speaker.

“Hello?” Hoseok answered on the third ring.

Jungkook frowned. Why would Taehyung be called him now all of a sudden?

Taehyung chewed on his lips before laughing nervously. “U-Uh, I kind of watched a horror movie.”

“Ah. So you will be sleeping with me again tonight?” Hoseok asked knowingly.

“If you don’t mind,” Taehyung hushed quickly. “When are you coming home?”

“I was planning on staying until midnight but if you want me to come back I can,” Hoseok replied kindly.

“It’s fine, Hoseok-hyung,” Jungkook interrupted after lifting himself off the sofa and reaching where Taehyung was standing. “I’ll be here. You can stay late.”

Taehyung raised an eyebrow as Hoseok thanked the younger. It was kind of surprising that he didn’t ask why Jungkook was there. It was like he had already been expecting it.

“Are you sure you don’t mind?” Taehyung asked cautiously after he hung up.

Jungkook shook his head. “I’m going back to my place to take a shower and brush my teeth at my place first. I’ll come back down when I’m done.”

Taehyung nodded and smiled. It really was kind of Jungkook to offer to sleep with him when he was scared. “Okay. Thank you Jungkookie.”

Jungkook his lips as he made his way to the door. Taehyung really was too innocent sometimes. “Trust me. It’s my pleasure.”

When Jungkook had finished getting ready, he headed back to Taehyung and Hoseok’s apartment. The door was unlocked and he found the older in the kitchen making what seemed to be hot chocolate. Taehyung was in a set of pajamas with small lions all over them and his hair was messy and slightly damp.

“Tae?” Jungkook called as he sat himself on one of the barstools.

Taehyung jumped spilling the hot liquid on his hand. He grabbed a towel and started wiping the small mess he had just made. Jungkook was near tears from laughing. “Jungkook-ah! You scared me!”

Jungkook snickered. “Clearly.”

Taehyung scowled but didn’t say anything as he returned to his drinks. He made two mugs and handed one to Jungkook. They drank in a comfortable silence but Jungkook was the first to break it.

“So you were you scared for the half an hour I wasn’t here for?” Jungkook asked teasingly.

Taehyung shook his head but he felt the back of his neck heat up. There was no way he was going to let Jungkook know that he almost sobbed in the shower from being alone.

Jungkook stared at him suspiciously before getting up from his seat. “Oh really? Then I guess I can just go home then since you don’t seem to be scared.”

Taehyung panicked. “No! U-Uh. Yes, I was scared. Stay please?”

Jungkook laughed. “Of course.”

When the two finished their drinks, they made their way to Taehyung’s bedroom. While Taehyung went to go brush his teeth, Jungkook found himself exploring around in the older’s room. It was relatively clean but Jungkook doubted that Taehyung was the clean type. He found random stuff animals and dozens of rough drafts of pencil drawings. Taehyung’s desk was littered with biology textbook and sketchbooks while a small fish tank occupied his bedside table.

“Are you snooping?”

Jungkook turned around. “Nah.”

Taehyung frowned but didn’t say anything as he rubbed his eyes and made way to his bed. He quickly got under the covers and made himself comfortable. Taehyung then looked up at Jungkook. “Aren’t you going to sleep…?”

Jungkook swallowed but nodded as he followed after Taehyung. Once he had settled in, he felt arms being wrapped around him and was pulled close. Taehyung buried his face into the singer’s chest. “I swear to god if you make fun of me, I’ll kick you out,” Taehyung mumbled softly, the top of his ears burning a rosy pink.

Jungkook smiled. “I won’t.”


Comment~ Ill update faster~