I

Baby Bargain

 

One

 


Sandara sighed. She must be crazy for doing this. Fidgeting in her seat, she glance at the restaurants front door for the nth time. He's late. Again. She momentarily closed her eyes, counting one to ten. She still have time to stand and walked away. Forget the stupid idea she had and live her life. 


When she was about to stand from the table, the front door chimed indicating a new costumer came and there. Heechul came in right in time. Seeing her bestfriend handsome as always made her stomach twist. She can't do this. Too late though, Heechul spotted her and wave, smiling at her direction. She cursed. 


"Babycakes!" Heechul exclaimed as he bent down to pull her for a hug and giving her a forehead kiss. Somehow that made her calm, Heechul had the power to comfort her after Wooyoung left, she only have Heechul. She smiled warily, looking uncomfortable. A little. Heechul sat across her and smiled, reaching for her hand. "How are you, babycakes? Miss me that much to invite me eat outside? I was just away about 3 days." Heechul teases. 


That made Sandara smile. She really miss him but that not why though. She sighed and took her hand from his grasp. "Yeah, I did. You've been away lately. I saw your new billboard downtown. I'm so proud of you, Chullie." 


Heechul grinned and lay back on his chair. "Thank you and you know I miss you too, babycakes? Can we order forts before we start? I'm kinda hungry." He said as he rubbed his flat stomach dramatically and grinned. Sandara smiled and nodded. The waiter came and took their orders. Heechul animatedly told her his latest, photoshoot for a jeans brand in Hongkong and how nice the staff were to him. 


The waiter came back for their dinner and Sandara knows she can't go it. Heechul seemed to forget why they met tonight, he was having a lot of time telling her about how his latest project and work. Maybe, next time. She thought as she shoved a piece of steak on . She was hungry, she hadn't even realize it until she smelled the delicious meat. 


"So.. Why are we here again? You know I'll always be here for you, babycakes. I'll do everything. Just call my name and I'll be there." He said and winked. Damn if he's only.. She would have fall for that. She shook her head and sigh. 


"Nothing. Let's just forget about it. It's not that important anyways. " She said and fake a smile. The truth is, she wanted it so bad. She's just chicken out how would she tell him. Heechul wouldn't like her proposition. She sighed. 


Heechul placed his food aside and stared at her intently. His eyes narrowed as Sandara avoided his gaze. He knew she's lying, somehow. Heechul leaned back to his chair and folded his arms around his hard and form chest. "Spill it out, Sandara Park! Now." 


Sandara rolled her eyes as she looked at him straight in the eyes. "Okay!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air, in surrender. She shallower a lump on , practically squeezing her brain. Why did she even think about it? Now what? She growled.


"I'm waiting.." 


Sandara glared at him. "Okay. Okay.. Here it is. I have a co-worker, she and her husband couldn't bare a child and one of her friend told her about this artificial thing for her to get pregnant. I took only a few months and now, she's really happy and her husband. She's 4months pregnant." 


Heechul stared at her, frowning. Processing the story she just said. His gaze narrowed. "What is this about to do with me?" He finally ask, finding his voice. He looked at her like she had gone crazy but Sandara didn't back down, she started this and she wanted it to finish. She could get what she wanted. 


"What I mean is, I wanted to have a baby too. This is what Wooyoung, wanted. What we wanted. I've been thinking about it a few months now. I think I'm ready to be a parent. This is the only thing I could do for him." She said, avoiding his gaze. Her voice were filled of sorrow and regret. After Wooyoung died, she went to the doctor for a check up, hoping that even Wooyoung had left, there's still a tiny life within her. That would remind of him. A baby, the baby that was her only hope. How can be someone be heartbroken be more broken? Sandara had a depression after learning that there's no piece of life laying on her womb. Wooyoung was her everything. She felt like she had everything on her palm but with just one night, a blink of an eye. She lost her everything. That's why she wanted this. At least, she could do something for Wooyoung. 


Heechul shook his head in this approval. "I know why you wanted to do this but listen to yourself, Babycakes. You're beautiful, kind, you have a nice job. Just every guy could wish for. You're still young to be a mother. What? With no husband? No! I can't let you do that. You still had a lot ahead of you. You don't know there's someone out there, someone special waiting for you. Please don't make decision like that." He said and offered a small smile as he take her hands in his and gave it a small squeeze. 


Tears welled on her eyes and slowly met his gaze, it was soft and comforting. She's really lucky to have him as her bestfriend but her decision is final. She's undergoing, artificial insemation. She could be a mom in a few months time and she could give the child she and Wooyoung dreamed of. She smiled a little and squeeze his hand back. "I've made my decision, Chullie. Though  I really really appreciate your concern. That someone you told me, he's already dead, I can't imagine myself falling in love with another man. I love Wooyoung and he's always be my only love." 


"This is ridiculous. Who's gonna be the father of your child? What if the they gonna give is from those criminals, thieves or whatever. I tell you, Babycakes,  no matter how good you are to that child if it's in the blood. Augh. I think I'm gonna have a headache." He said, rubbing his temples. 


Sandara chuckled. This is it. "I want you to be the father of my child."