NINE

Baby Bargain

 

Nine


Sandara sat at the table Seunghyun reserved for them. Observing the restaurant when she first entered. The beautiful interior of the luxurious furniture, no doubt it screams a dollar sign. Expensive, not if she had mistaken it. She almost choke her own saliva when she looked at the menu. 


For a guy like Seunghyun, inviting her for a dinner into this fancy restaurant which take everyone else a month for reservations while he manage to reserve them for a few days. Having his driver get her to make sure she come. Choi Seunghyun is really something. 


With the breathtaking view of the Han River from their table at the second floor of the restaurants floor to ceiling glass, the low lighting and the soft music playing the background started to make her think this is not just a dinner but a date. Well, Seunghyun had been a gentleman. Not until the man opens his mouth. She thought grimly when he bring Randy his forever loyal family drivers job at stake if the poor old man arrives without her. 


Why would he be bothered if she didn't go tonight, intrigued her. Jumping from a woman to another, to the riches heiress to most beautiful woman in the country he'd been dating, why her? She took a moment to study the man across her who eat his meal with grace. She notice how long his fingers were, the faded scar on the back of his right hand. And how extremely handsome he looked tonight with his expensive dark gray suit. Even from a whole day at work he still look fresh like a super hot model at the magazine. 


He had a scar on his left eyebrow too, she took notice. He didn't looked like a typical Korean man. How dark his eyes were when he look at her. Too intense that she's afraid he will swallow her whole. 


She heard a clearing of throat and Sandada blinked and realize she'd been staring at him, more like ogling at him. Damn. A smirk formed from his mouth and a twinkling of amusement in his eyes, he said. "Like what you see?" 


Her cheeks colored and she looked away. "No. Yes. No. I mean. You eat for two people meal." She tried to reason out but the stupid grin in his mouth only widens. 


Seunghyun shrug his shoulders. "I guess I missed my lunch today." He said as if missing a meal doesn't even mean anything. Like a very natural thing for him to miss eating his food. Sandara shook her head. 


They were done with their meal and dessert when Seunghyun leaned back to his chair and Sandara watch the muscle of his body moves, emphasizing the wide shoulders and impressive chest he had from the white thin dress shirt he wore. Sandara would love to see what's underneath that expensive shirt. 


She mentally bang her head on the wall. Why did she want to see what's underneath his clothes? Is she crazy? The man is way way out of her league, this is just a dinner not a date. So why would she hope for something like that? Besides, man like Seunghyun is the kind of man she needs to avoid. Well, not that she wanted another man in her life when Wooyoung is there, at least in her heart. 


She need to getaway. For a moment she frowned. Totally confused with herself, she could have avoided him make other excuses for her not to join him today but here she is enjoying the fine evening into one of the expensive restaurants in Korea, totally comfortable with his presence. Like he was some friends she had known a very long time ago, maybe because he had seen her broke down? She had apparently told him everything about her secrets. Her desire to be a mother? 


But she has a solution. She had to get away from him fast. Sandara looked up and found him staring at her with a unreadable expression in his face. She wondered if the man really feels anything, he doesn't often smile but she'd seen him smile and heard him laugh and it was magical. Deep , masculine and she had to surpass a shudder but not with fear. Definitely not fear. It's something she still haven't figure out and she doesn't plan to find that out. 


"I-I.. Uhm.. It was really nice here. The food is magical. I can eat here forever." She said hopefully to get a reaction but he only nod his head lightly, eyes still staring at her. Weird. 


Her eyes rounded when Seunghyun leaned into the table and caught her hand. He continued to stare at her eyes, those dark intense eyes made her shiver, not in fear but with want. Oh. God. Who wouldn't right? Sandara bet if she was another woman they would jump straight into him any minute now. But she's not another woman, she's Sandara Park she doesn't jump at any man, especially strangers. Not who's she love is Wooyoung. Or that's what she told herself. Over and over. 


After a minute of silent staring battle. Seunghyun spoke. "I'll give you a proposition, Miss Park." He said, slowly unclasp his hand from hers and leaned back into his chair. 


Sandara didn't take her eyes at him and hug the hand he touched into her chest. Whatever he had to say, she didn't want to hear it. Sudden fire in his eyes, made her cold and she hug herself from the heat in his stares. Slowly her body responded, made her hug herself more tighter. 


God. No one ever made her feel this way, not even Wooyoung. 


A knowing smile formed in his lips. "I'm attracted to you as much as you're attracted to me, Sandara." He said her name like a lovers caress and Sandara felt her heart pounding in her chest. 


"What are you talking about? I-I I'm not attracted to you, Mr. Choi. I.. Whatever you have to say, save it. I'm not hearing it. I have to go. Thank you for the meal and I hope we won't see each other again." She said, reaching for her purse and took some cash. How much she didn't bother to look. She was about to stand when he reach her arm. 


Seunghyun was fast enough to stop her, keeping his hand on her arm. He said. "Don't deny it, I know you felt it too. Cause I can and I know it's getting stronger. You want me, I want you. So what are we going to do about it, Miss Park?" He said with a dangerously sweet tone.


Sandara fake a laugh, leaned back and tried to relax her tired body. She shook her head and looked up to see him frowning at her, maybe he thought she's crazy because she is currently. What he said was just unexpected. "Ohh. I have an idea!" She tried to sound cheerful but she didn't feel cheerful about now. All she ever wanted was to flee. 


"Why don't we go home and forget everything. You don't know me, I don't know you. I don't care if I'm attracted to you or not. I just want my bed and sleep." She said, rolling her eyes and prepare to stand up. She relieved a sigh when he didn't try to stop her this time. But something stopped her. 


"I could give you a baby you want. That's my proposition. As I said, I'm greatly attracted to you, Miss Park and even give you the baby you want." 


A loud grasp left . She turned to look at him wide eye, jaw dropping. No. She tried to convince herself. He's just playing you. No. Her mind was about to explode. 


"Shut up! Just because I told you about my desires of having a child. You'll use that against me just to have what you want! You... You... Animal! I hate you!" She scramble on her feet, giving him a dirty look and left him, dumbfounded. 


How dare him! How dare he proposition her! What does he think of her? Some kind of a class A e? One of his weekly babes? He've got to be kidding! He said he could give her a baby. A baby. For Pete's sakes! She could have jump at the opportunity if he was Heechul. She doesnt know him. He doesnt know what he's talking about. How could he say those words like they're talking about a house or a land. Right, he's a businessman. For him propositioning her to have a baby was like another business transaction. Well, damn him. But isn't that what she wanted? A baby with no father required. Sandara clench her fist. She's thinking about it. Damn. 


Sandara angrily stomped her way out of the restaurant. She heard him calling for her, trying to make her wait for him but she didn't look back. She could feel some other patrons eyes on her but didn't care, she need to get away because the longer she's with him. The stronger the attraction she felt for him. She'd never been attracted with a man since Wooyoung, not even him made her this way and he was telling her he could give her the baby she wanted. 


She was almost out the door when a big warm hand grab her elbow. The door opened and he pulled her out of the cold evening air, she didn't have to look up who it was. The hand on her arm were firm but not enough to mark her skin, but enough for her not to struggle, she wouldn't escape him. 


"Wait. Okay. It didn't sound right. I just. Give me 5 minutes to explain." 


Seunghyun almost sounded begging but he didn't care. He just couldn't let her go yet. He just wanted to have one night with her. So he could think how he could banish her in his mind, his dreams. In his life.