III

Baby Bargain

 

Three


Sandara ate her dinner happily. Tomorrow would be their schedule to the clinic. She could be a mom after a month. Or earlier. She couldn't explain how happy she is. That her heart might burst with happiness. 


Heechul across her had been behaving differently, these past few days. She would just caught him looking away, from afar like he had been carrying all the problems around the world. She couldn't blame him though, with his packed schedules. He might be just tired or stress. 


With the dark circles under his eyes, Sandara worries for her friend. He hadn't touch his food either. Reaching for his hand on the table. "Are you alright, Chullie? You didn't touch your dinner." She ask purely concerned as her frown deepens as she studies his features. 


His shoulders fell, his jaw unclench. Then he faced her, staring right back at her eyes he said. "I can't do it." He looked away and retreat his hand from her grasp. 


"I can't do it, Dar. It's been bugging me for awhile now. I don't think I can give you what you really wanted. My contract from the agency would be terminate if they knew I'll be a father. My career might put an end. The responsibility... I don't know anymore." He sighed heavily and looked at her once again. The mist in his eyes told her he had been thinking about it lately and he'd been torn to choose between his career or to be a good friend to her and help her get her pregnant. 


Sandara hadn't expect it. She didn't knew what to feel. For a moment she was really happy then the second, she the happiness she felt being ripped away from her. Her cracked heart fell and shattered into pieces. She clench her fist and angrily stood from her seat. "How dare you back down?! Its all set! You just have to go to the clinic with me tomorrow and give them your ! Is it that hard? We already talk about this, Heechul! I won't hold you for any responsibility! I already had the papers my lawyer made. But you said it yourself you wanted to be part of the babies life, I didn't force you to.  Beside, You won't be the child's father in the papers. It would be Wooyoung! I-I....." Her words trailed off as her lower lip trembles. 


Hot tears rolled down to her cheeks, repeatedly as she looked at her best friend. He's hurting too but she's more hurt. She's been hoping. She thought, she could finally fulfill her promise with Wooyoung. But again, she'd failed. Heechul tried to speak but seems he couldn't say any word. He reach for her but Sandara flinch away from him like he was some plague. 


"Babycakes? Please? Let me just..." 


"No. Kim Heechul. We talk about this. No one would know this but me and you. Even if the media would know, they couldn't even prove it. You promised me." 


"Babyca--.." 


Sandara smiled sadly and shook her head. "You just hurt and break my heart.  I'm sorry if that's your silly reasons why you can't do it. I'm sorry but were over. I guess this is goodbye. Friendships over." She said, looking straight to his eyes, telling her she was serious. She stood and slap a bill at the table and turned. Never giving him a second look. 


When she was out of the restaurant. Sandara broke down. Her only hope to have a family just flew away from the window. She dragged her feet to walk away from here, from everyone. She wanted to be alone. Like she's always been. She mourn for the lose of her future child, she mourn for the promise that she and Wooyoung had. It would never happened. She mourn for the friendship she treasure that she just lost. How could be life this cruel? 


Her knees weaken and her heart broken. She place a hand on her chest where her heart had been rapidly beating. She looked up from the sky as the night sky grieve for her lost, tiny droplets fell to her face as Sandara grasp for air. 


"Babycakes!" 


She turned to the voice and found Heechul running towards her, Sandara glared at him and turned to run. She couldn't look at his face right now or she might destroy that handsome face. 


An hour and so, Sandara found herself to a new opened bar. After running away from Heechul, she found her car and drive she didn't knew how long but when she felt like she couldn't handle more, she found this new bar. gone dry for crying like hours. She need a drink anyways. 


She's on her third glass of Jack's doubles and she start to feel the effect of alcohol on her system but that didn't stop her from drinking for more. She planned to get wasted tonight. Ease the pain she felt. Alcohol is a great companion when you're broken heart. She chuckled. She used to drank into oblivion when she was still in college with Wooyoung and Hedchul and with their other friends. Wooyoung, the driver, wouldn't drink at least two glasses for him to remain sober enough to drive them home. He always took care of her and everyone. That made Sandara love him more. He's just perfect. Perfect for her, to her. 


New batch of tears rolled down to her cheeks as she remembered the only man that loved her, truly and she lost him. 


Maybe she was destined to be alone in this cruel world. Sandara was still a baby when she lost her parents and grew up with her grandparents in Busan. They gave all the love that a little girl like her deserve. She was spoiled rotten by her grandfather. Maybe she needs to pay them a visit, it had been awhile. 


She smiled a little. She missed them. Her grandparents are old, she had once told them to move with her in Seoul for her to take care of them but they refused because they knew she was starting a life with Wooyoung and doesn't want any burden. Sandara laugh at that and shake her head when her grandmother said that. 


After arguing with them, Wooyoung even joined her to convince them since they didn't live in a small apartment but a house with three bedrooms, they both ended up living her grandparents house after the weekend just two of them. The two old love birds love the fresh and salt beach air of Busan. But now that's she's alone, she'll try to convince them anyway. 

 

 

Seunghyun gripped the steering wheel, hard. He couldn't believe it his damn secretary that he rudely shoved away the other day called him and blackmailed him. Threatening to give the board the pictures of him and her in the bed. Doing things that the board members wouldn't like to see and definitely taint his image and for the position he wanted. He cursed for being reckless, he didn't even remember being with that damn girl at the party. 


He was alone when he got there, that's for sure. He didn't even desire her. Clara had been working for him for six months now. Seunghyun couldn't miss her openly flirting with her. Clara knew his reputation and maybe hoping to have a shot with her hottie boss. And she got it after the party. 


But whenever Seunghyun tried to remember what happened at the party, all he can see is the image of a beautiful woman in red. And when she smiled at him so sweetly. Her innocent face and smile got him. Even half of the woman that night had been sending him signals and flirty glances, he can't get the image of that certain woman in his mind. Even now. 


He cursed. He shouldn't let any other woman in. He had learned from the past and he'd been burned. 


Seunghyun shook his head as he found a parking space. Clara had told him to meet her at the newly opened bar and Seunghyun couldn't wait to finish this business and go home. 


His nephews are in his house for the weekend, wanting to spend some quality time with Uncle. Seunghyun rolled his eyes. It's just his sisters are having quality time with their husbands and throws their children in his care. 


He pulled his phone out from his pocket and send a message for his three sisters to inform them he'll be late and his help will look for the kids while he's away. Right. When Seunghyun swore to never let any woman in, his three older sister did had an exemption. He loves those three cruel sisters he could ever have and imagine. He sighed. 


He scanned the area and found the place okay, not the typical bars where people are noisy and the air filled with any other kinds of cigarette smoke that can be suffocating sometimes. He does smoke alright. The bar had two areas, the smoking and the no smoking, right. He went to the main area and sat at the bar, ordered his drink while he waits. 


He leaned his back into the wooden table, drinking in the place, the people around before checking the time of his Rolex watch. "Sir, here's your drink." The bartender said and left to get the others order.


"Another glass please!" 


"No! You're not drinking anymore....."


" off!! Don't want to talk to you anymore. Don't want to see you.."


"Just listen, I-I.." 


Seunghyun turned to see what was the ruckus about. The bartender back off when the guy glared at him, pissed off for giving the woman drinks when she can't carry anymore. The guy pleaded but there's something about them that made Seunghyun watch them, not taking his eyes off them. 


His attention was turned when a figure stood in front of him. Wearing her y red dress that dip in front of her to show off her cleavage, Seunghyun's eyes narrowed. "About time you came." He said, gritting his teeth together, forcing himself not to choke the woman with his bear hands. Her sensual smile didn't do anything but made him want to straggle her to pieces. 


"What do you want." 


"Straight to the point, in a hurry are we? You won't offer the lady a drink first?" She ask as she gracefully stood beside him, leaning towards him to show her front to him. Seunghyun didn't even move an inch to touch her. 


"Damn straight. I am in a hurry. Place your price so we can end this." He said and looked at her in disgust when she his to his arm and leaned closer to his ear and whisper in his ear. "Hmmm. Delicious. You know what I want Mr. Choi. " she said huskily, running her hands down to his chest to his crotch. 


She sighed disappointedly when she didn't found him arouse. Seunghyun shove her hands away from him. "2 million. Give me the picture and everything. Get a new start and leave me alone." 

 

She pouted when Seunghyun step back. She place her hands on her hips, thinking for his offer before she smiled. "I think it would be a nice start." She said.