Chapter Seven

Our Life Together

N/A: Hullooooo party people, this is kind of the ending for the Baekyeol story, though it's an indirect ending :))). also, good luck reading this, fighting!


"I cannot believe Mark and Jackson adopted a kid," Jongin stated as they pulled into a parking garage.

"Jongin, he's not a kid. He's sixteen, and it's been two years since they adopted him, why are you still amazed?" Kris asked, carefully wedging their jeep into a parking spot.

"I think it's because I finally get to meet him today hyung," Jongin answered, "but I am still a little confused as to why they wanted to adopt someone old instead of a child or something."

"Mark had told me that they looked at younger children, but they just weren't sure if they could handle that. They're still young in their careers and even both are incredibly successful, and they're also busy. I think they adopted somebody older because to them he could take care of himself, but at the same time they had somebody to dote on and love." Luhan answered for his boyfriend as they hopped out of the car.

"That makes sense," Jongin replied, his hand instinctively reaching for his boyfriend's.

"I heard he's quite into music, even has some friends that dance and stuff," Jongdae added as he headed over with his boyfriend towards them.

Jongin's eye lit up and he began to bounce up and down, "Well what are we waiting for, let’s go!" Jongin yelled as he drug his boyfriend quickly to the elevators.

The group laughed as Jongin repeatedly pressed the up arrow ignoring Kyungsoo's remarks of being a child.

"Alright, let's try not to scare the poor kid okay? We're his extended family, so don't make him hate us," Kris warned, his eyes cutting toward Jongin.

Luhan just giggled at his lover, before stepping through the elevator doors and walking down the long hallway with the rest right behind him. They waited excitedly as Luhan knocked on the family's door.

"Come in!" Jackson's voice yelled from inside the apartment, making all of them laugh.

"That's dangerous Jackson, what did I tell you about doing that?" Mark chided as he walked from the kitchen toward his newly arrived friends. Jackson just laughed and yelled, another laugh filling the air with the shrieks in between.

"Hi everyone!" Mark exclaimed, all of them greeting and hugging him before moving towards the living room where they saw Jackson tickling a teenager.

"Dad stop it!" The teen yelled, before bursting into laughter again, his limbs flailing around as he tried to get his dad off of him.

"Children," Mark warned.

Jackson immediately stopped, before yelling and launching himself towards Kris who easily sidestepped him. Jackson instead ended up landing on Kyungsoo who was innocently standing behind Kris but because Jongin's arm was wrapped around his boyfriend's waist he ended up falling as well, taking an unsuspecting Minseok with him as the older was standing behind him.

They all groaned before Jackson leaned up slightly, "Wow Kyungsoo, you're very pretty up-close."

Jongin growled before shoving Jackson off of his lover, "Hyung."

Jackson laughed before helping them all up. "Hey now, no need to get jealous. I'm happily married and I even have a son now." He smiled brightly as he gestured to the shy boy standing behind Mark.

Jongin was on his feet in an instant and bounding towards the teen, “Hi, you dance?”

The boy slid a little further behind his dad and stared at Jongin who was bouncing up and down on his toes.

“Down boy,” Kyungsoo murmured as he grabbed the man by his ear and dragged him away from the new son. Jongin crossed his arms and pouted as dragged his feet away from the boy.

“This is Jungkook, our son,” Mark said softly as he gently pulled the male from behind him. “He’s kind of reserved.” Mark trailed off, his eyes flashing warning signs.

“Hello Jungkook, I’m Kris,” Yifan introduced himself first, a gummy smile on his lips. The teen looked at him and his arm around Luhan’s waist, Kris noticed the stare and added, “This is my boyfriend Luhan.”

Luhan beamed, “Hi there! It’s so nice to meet you Jungkook!” Jungkook gave a small smile back, nobody ever able to resist Luhan.

“Hi, I’m Jongdae and this is my boyfriend Minseok!” Jongdae said excitedly, “You’re in a performing arts school right? Kyungsoo, Jongin and I are all in an arts university right now!”

The boy nodded from behind his dad where he had retreated once again. He was looking at them with a slightly overwhelmed look, his eyes shifting from person to person.

“Hi Jungkook, I’m Kyungsoo, and this overgrown child is Jongin,” Kyungsoo introduced gently, his boyfriend quick to add on again, “You dance right? Do you like dancing? I really hope you do. These guys are all singers and even though Luhan used to dance it’s just not the same.”

Luhan’s lips jut out slightly and he reaches over and smacks the tan male on the shoulder but doesn’t say anything because these actions seemed to draw a chuckle out of the teenager.

“I like to dance, but I really like singing.” Jungkook said in a meek voice, “My best friend really likes to dance too!”

Jungkook slowly came out from behind his dad, his posture righting itself and the group is surprised to see that he is rather tall. Close to Jongin’s height, taller than both his dads.

The group tried not to chuckle when they saw Jackson standing behind his son and gesturing towards his son before he mouthed the word boyfriend.

“But he really likes singing to,” Jungkook added, making Jackson stop in his motions before the child said, “But I have this hyung! He really loves dancing, and he’s really good! He’s our school’s dance team captain and his choreography always wins.”

The group is torn between cooing at the obvious affection in the boy’s voice with his smile that resembles the innocence of a small bunny, and Jackson, as he gestured across his throat and then pointed and mouthed the word boyfriend again.

“Jungkook has his own little group of friends that he runs around with.” Mark said teasingly, “Reminds me of us actually.”

The group laughed before Kris added, “Man, I hope they avoid all the drama we went through.”

Jungkook looked slightly confused but happy nonetheless at the group’s laughs.

“Oh they’re much better than us. Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll meet them sometime during your visit,” Jackson said, his arm thrown over his son’s shoulder, before he teased, “Especially Hoseok-ah.

Everybody laughed as they saw Jungkook’s hand fly up to scratch the back of his neck as a red flush filled his face. “Daadddd,” He whined while shoving his shorter father, “We’re just friends.”

Mark intervened, humming before breaking up the conversation, “Alright, enough just standing here. Get comfortable and I’ll go work on the food.”

“I’ll help,” Luhan responded, as he rose up to give his boyfriend a quick kiss on his cheek causing Kris to chuckle, “Man, things really have changed.”

Luhan punched him on the shoulder before retreating into the kitchen after Mark; Kyungsoo followed both of them as well.

“Come on,” Jongin bounded over to Jungkook, “Show me what you got!”

Jungkook sputtered, but before he could say anything Jongdae bounded over to him as well, “No, I want to hear him sing!”

“Leave him alone, you’re scaring him.” A new voice echoed through the living room. Jungkook lit up and tackled the new pair of people in a hug, “Baekhyun hyung, Chanyeol hyung!”

Once the shock wore off of everybody else, they all tackled the two in a hug as well.

“Come sit down, let’s all catch up, party people!” Jackson shouted as he ushered everyone back to their seats.

Everybody talked animatedly, asking Chanyeol and Baekhyun questions about their new jobs, and asking Jungkook about his schooling and plans for the future. Kris leaned back in the recliner he sat on and released a content sigh. He couldn’t help but smile as he looked at his friends.

He was so happy to see his friends-and new family member. It’d been a while since the group had all been together, the last time everybody was here was for Mark and Jackson’s wedding about three years ago. It was shortly after Mark and Chanyeol’s accident, thankfully both pulling through and after months of therapy and treatment were back to their everyday lifestyle again. Kris was also thankful that Baekhyun and Chanyeol got their happy ending as they finish up school here and have an apartment close to this small family. Leaving everything in the past to be in love.

“Whatcha doing babe?” Luhan whispered as his arms looped around his boyfriend’s shoulders and his face nuzzled into his neck.

“Nothing,” Yifan hummed, “Just thinking about how lucky we are.”

They both paused and stared at their group of friends-family really. Jungkook was talking animatedly to Jongin and Minseok, while Jongdae, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were teasing Kyungsoo like they used to do in the past.

“Yeah, we are pretty lucky,” Luhan agreed as Mark and Jackson trailed back into the room, a group of boys following behind.

“Hyungs!” Jungkook shouted as he sprung to his feet. There was six newcomers, each one greeted Jungkook differently, from a longass handshake to a flick on the forehead.

“Hi Hobi-hyung,” Jungkook said softly to the last one, his arms automatically wrapped around the other’s waist as he pulled the male close.

Yifan and Luhan both shared a look at the exchange before catching Mark and Jackson’s gaze across the room. They all smiled knowingly at the two.

“Very lucky indeed.”


N/A: It's been awhile hasn't it? I've actually sat on this chapter forever and thought that I might as well post it now. Also I srsly love Junghope so I threw that in there. And I just want to state again that I love Taeyeon, like she is actual perfection and I am obssessed with her, just saying. Okay, I'm done now. Goodbye my frienddssssss, I'll catch ya on the flip side (and by that I mean whenever I can get off my and actual finish my stories for once).

You're a brave soul.

-DoubleX