Chapter Four

Our Life Together

A/N: Fair warning! Fighting!

How We Met Part Three


“So then, I knocked him unconscious with a fish and then threw an elephant on top of him.”

Luhan nodded, before turning his head towards the male beside him, “Wait, what?”

“Seriously Luhan? He’s been rattling off some long story that doesn’t make a bit of sense, and you’re just now noticing?”  A blonde haired male asked.

“Sorry Henry. I’ve just, I don’t know.” Luhan sighed before slamming his head down on the table. He let out a small groan of frustration and then he felt Jackson’s hand on his back rubbing soothing circles.

Luhan let out a small laugh, last semester he was afraid to even approach these guys, hell they were all overseas anyways, and now two of them have become his best friends. When Jackson came back, he looked lost and lonely, and it didn’t help that the love of his life had to fly back to the states because he was dying and Jackson found out about it from rumors and Luhan had to confirm it. Ever since then, they’ve stuck together, and when Henry came back, he joined in with no questions asked-though Luhan had a sneaking hunch Kris had already filled him in on the situation.

“It’s probably just because basketball tryouts are coming up and that just reminds you of Kris who is half way around the world with another man who may or may not be dead right now.” Lay said causally as he munches on his sandwich.

The whole table stopped, and stared at the brunette.

Luhan and Jackson slammed both their heads down on the table in sadness and Henry shook his head and flicked Lay in the forehead.

Lay was right though. Basketball tryouts are Friday and Kris isn’t back yet, and he’s cut off all communication with everybody here, except for Jongin who was gone for the whole summer and then comes back and refuses to say anything about Kris, and Luhan just wants to freaking see that giant because you cannot just show up at somebody’s house, kiss them, and leave the country. Not only is he frustrated with Kris, but Luhan can’t even be frustrated at Mark, so he’s frustrated with Jackson because who confesses and then disappears? YOU CAN’T DO STUFF LIKE THAT, Luhan just wants to yell in Jackson and Kris’s faces as he shakes (or beats) sense into them.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Sehun’s voice filled Luhan’s ears making him raise his head and stare at his younger brother.

Luhan smiled. “Hey Sehun. I’m fine,” and noticing Sehun’s eyes glancing towards Jackson’s defeated form, he quickly added, “Jackson’s fine too.”

Sehun nodded before walking away to wear Jongin was waiting for him with Taemin at the cafeteria doors. He watched as his younger brother smiled and laughed with his friends as they headed out the doors.

Luhan smiled, he was glad his brother was happy; Kris leaving took a bigger toll on Sehun than Luhan thought it would. Sehun had spent a lot of time with Kris because of Jongin but since he started basketball and Luhan and Kris became friends, he saw Kris as an older brother, one that he always wanted to make proud. Luhan couldn’t blame him, Kris treated Sehun as his own little brother, always looked after him, stayed after practice with him, bought things for him, etc. and Luhan was thankful for that because sometimes Luhan can get sidetracked paying bills, making sure they’re eating right, chasing after Sehun’s basketball but managing to be a captain on the soccer team, keeping the house in one piece since they both lived on their own, their parents doing extensive research overseas,  only coming home on holidays though sending plenty of money for their kids, can be a little stressful and distracting for Luhan.

Though Luhan and Sehun have been much closer since Kris left, the leave making both of them realize the importance of each other.

Luhan can still remember when Sehun came back from the airport after sending Kris off with Jongin.

******************

Luhan was startled when the door slammed close and rose from his chair and peeked around the corner to see his little brother sitting on the ground hugging his knees to his chest with tears pooling in his eyes.

“Sehun-ah, what’s the matter?” Luhan asked softly, shrinking down to the floor and crossing his legs.

“Hannie hyung,” Sehun whispered lowly as tears began to cry.

“Sehunnie?” Luhan asked thoroughly thrown off with the nickname that Sehun stopped using when he reached middle school, because it wasn’t ‘cool’.

“Please, please don’t ever do that to me.” Sehun pleaded, tears falling rapidly.

Luhan reached out and wiped the tears off of his baby brother’s face.

“Don’t do what Sehunnie?”Luhan asked confusedly.

“Don’t, don’t leave me,” Sehun hiccupped before continuing, “It was awful hyung. Goodbyes are hell. They are hell. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry that I never hang out with you, and I always push you away, I’m so lucky to have you with me. I don’t know what I would do if we had to say goodbye hyung.”

As the realization hit him, Luhan enveloped Sehun in a tight hug.

“I won’t Sehun. I won’t leave you. It’s okay, I’ll always be here for you Sehunnie.” Luhan whispered softly into his brother’s ear. Rocking him slightly, trying to get the male to calm down. They remained that way until Sehun completely calmed down, both deciding that a brother’s movie night was needed, and that maybe tomorrow, instead of school, they’ll just hang out. Just them.

********************

“He’s back! Oh my gosh! I can’t believe he’s back!” The table of four turn towards the girl who just ran up to a cluster of basketball players yelling that somebody was back.

The girl turned and ran up to their table, “He’s back! Jackson-sunbae, he’s back!”

All the boys shook their head in confusing, what is she talking about?

“Luhan-sunbae! He’s also back!” The girl yelled once her eyes locked on Luhan’s.

Luhan’s eyes widened in realization, “Kris is back?”

The girl nodded her head rapidly, “But that’s not even the best part Sunbaes!”

The whole cafeteria was dead silent now, what could be better than Wu Kris returning back to school? Unless…

Jackson was out of his seat and through the doors before the girl even managed to finish her sentence; the rest of the guys right behind him. Leaving behind the roaring of cheers to find their best friends.

“Mark sunbae is back!”

*************

Luhan’s heart felt like it was caught in his throat as he saw Jackson standing outside of the gym doors.

“Open the door Jackson. Open the door and get your happily ever after. You too Luhan.” Henry said teasingly as he pushed them towards the door.

Both males took a deep breath and flung the doors open, and both hearts stopped.

Sitting in the middle of the court was a slim red head with sparkling eyes and a shy smile, next to him was a tall blonde with a gummy smile who was spinning a basketball.

“Yifan.” Luhan breathed as Jackson did the same, “Mark.”

Both males sprinted towards the love of their lives and tackled them.

Loud laughs filled the gym.

“You’re supposed to be dead!” Jackson wailed as he held his best friend close.

Mark let out a shaky laugh, “I couldn’t leave you here all by yourself. How would you survive without me?”

Jackson let out a laugh mixed with a sob, “I couldn’t,” he mumbled before pulling Mark into a searing kiss.

Luhan laughed watching the scene before a hand cupped his jaw and tugged his face upwards, “I’ve had to go through a lot to make sure Mark got his happy ending with Jackson.” Kris nodded towards the lovebirds, “And I’ve been through hell to get back so we can have ours.”

Luhan’s eyes widened at what the male in front of him said, but only for a second, because they quickly fluttered shut as lips molded to his, and arms tightened around his waist.

Our story is quick but meaningful. Maybe we’ll get our happy ending after all.


A/N: Sorry it was so short and quick, but that's how it happened! :D Now I can write their lives nowwww. Or cute moments from the past and I'm pumpeddd. And HA. I didn't kill Mark! You'll find out what excalty happened probably in the next chapter! Okay, thanks for the support! I love you allllll! Fighting! <3

You're a brave soul.

                                    -Double XX