Chapter Six

Our Life Together

A/N: Fair warning! Fighting!


“So, hyung,” Jongin broke their comfortable silence as he grabbed the snapback he’s been eyeing for awhile.  

Kris hummed in reply, looking at a hat of his own.

“When did you um, know it was like time for you and Luhan hyung to like move in with each other?” Jongin asked keeping his gaze fixated on the hat in his hands.

Kris bit the inside of his cheek, carefully placing his hat back on the shelf in front of him, before turning his gaze onto his little brother. He chuckled as he saw Jongin’s face flush red and his teeth knead at his bottom lip, a sign the younger was nervous.

“How about we get your hat and then talk about it over some pizza?” Kris proposed, ruffling his little brother’s hair.

Jongin pouted, but quickly followed after his brother, the cap clutched in his hands.

****************

“So hyung, my question?” Jongin brought up again as he took a bite of his pizza.

“Well, we moved in after three years of dating, we would have done it sooner but Luhan has a fear of commitment. In fact, I think that if I wouldn’t have disappeared to America for a while, it would have taken a long time for Luhan to accept me.” Kris said with a small laugh before focusing back on his little brother. “Are you planning on moving in with Kyungsoo?”

Jongin ducked his head and rubbed the back of his neck, “Well I was thinking about it. I mean, we basically live at each other’s houses anyways, and we’re coming up on our second year anniversary and I thought it was would be a nice gift if I were to surprise him with our own apartment.”

Kris nodded, not in the least surprised because he had done the same thing with Luhan, well tried. It took a little while for the latter to actually accept it completely, but that’s a different case with Luhan. Kris also had no worries about money for Jongin or Kyungsoo, because even if they were both two college students, Kyungsoo gave singing lessons and Jongin was a dance instructor at a small dance studio and also filled in as one at their old high school. Plus, Kris and Jongin were from an extremely wealthy family, and since the family is on great terms, they finance a lot of what the two brothers do, if needed.

“Why are you so nervous right now?” Kris asked with an arched eyebrow.

“I just want to make you proud hyung.” Jongin muttered softly.

Kris laughed softly, “Jongin. You can never not make me proud, okay?”

Jongin continued to look down at the table, their pizza long gone. “But hyung, is it okay?”

“Is what okay?” Kris tilted his head to the side in confusion.

“Kyungsoo and I living together? I-I don’t want to do something that you don’t agree with. Just tell me hyung, and I’ll just get rid of the idea, okay?” Jongin stuttered out, his eyes full of emotion.

Kris looked startled at his little brother. He knew that Jongin had looked up to him, and was concerned about him always leaving-the past keeping them a part a lot more than they should have been-, but Kris had no idea that Jongin was so hung up on him. If anything, he just wanted to make his little dongsaeng proud. He wanted to be a brother that Jongin deserved, and it broke his heart hearing Jongin be so desperate for his approval.

Kris reached across the table and grabbed his brother’s hand, causing Jongin to look back up with his wild eyes.

“Will you calm down? Please Jongin; just take a few deep breaths.” Kris said soothingly.

Jongin nodded and took several deep breaths, his eyes slowly regaining their peace.

“Hey, please tell me why you’re so concerned about making me proud? I already told you that you couldn’t do anything that makes me feel anything but proud of you.” Kris softly implored.

“I just,” Jongin paused looking into his brother’s eyes before sighing in defeat, “I’m afraid you’ll leave again. I don’t want to mess up and you leave me behind.”

Kris knew it. He knew that his absence in Jongin’s childhood was the reasoning behind all this, and his anger towards his father flared, but he quickly distinguished it.

“Jongin. I’m not leaving you again, okay? I missed so much of you growing into this amazing man and it kills me Jongin. But at least I’ve got to watch you grow through high school, and I’ve seen you breathtakingly win, and I’ve witnessed you lose beautifully. I’ve seen you chase your dreams with nothing but fiery passion, and most importantly, I’ve watched you fall deeper and deeper in love with somebody who loves you just as much back. I couldn’t ever give that up Jongin. Every single thing you do makes me proud; you’re my little brother Jongin. I love you, please don’t forget that.”

Jongin smiled widely with small tears pooling in his eyes, “I love you too Fannie hyung!”

Kris laughed at Jongin’s use of his childhood nickname as he reached over and pinched the younger’s cheek.

“Now, do you have any apartments in mind?” Kris asked as his brother gathered himself.

Jongin’s eyes lit up, “So you’re really okay with us moving in together?”

Kris laughed again, “Absolutely. Besides, it’d be wrong if I said no, I did the same thing with Luhan.”

Jongin laughed, “But hyung that’s different!”

Kris cocked his head to the side, “How so?”

Jongin face grew in disbelief, “Seriously hyung? Everybody knew you two were soul mates the moment you became friends. Everybody was actually more shocked at the fact that you all waited so long to move in together, and people are still waiting for you to get married, but you know I understand with the whole Luhan marriage thing.”

Kris nodded absorbing this information, of course he knew that Luhan and he were going to last a long time, but he did not know that it was so obvious to everybody else. A swell of satisfaction grew in Kris. That’s right, his beautiful lover Luhan, will forever be his.

“I’ll let you in on a secret Jongin,” Kris jerked his head towards the door where two familiar figures were arriving; “Everybody thinks the same about Kyungsoo and you.”  

Before Jongin could reply, the two figures slid into their booth, slightly wet and panting.

“Hey babe.” Kris called softly, smiling as he looked into his lover’s wide eyes; he could faintly hear Jongin talking softly to Kyungsoo before it got drowned out by Luhan. Luhan’s soft lips against his own, melding them into one, softly, slowly, and lovingly.

“Hey Fan.” Luhan sighed out in content.

Kris pulled the thin male close to his body, placing kisses on his face and on his head. Luhan let out a small shudder before resting his head on his lover’s broad chest.

“Oh, um. I broke the sink and water got everywhere and we may not see Chanyeol and Baekhyun for awhile,” Luhan broke the peaceful silence, quickly adding, “but it was for a good cause though! Our plan worked.”

Kris rolled his eyes and kissed the top of his boyfriend’s head.

“Tell me all about it when we get back to our home.” Kris replied with an amused tone.

We have our own home together, but really, my home is anywhere you are.


A/N: Sorry for a short update with just a little of Krishan but the next chapter will be all Krishan, it's going to be a flashback. I have a oneshot that was supposed to be updated tonight, but due to some mishaps, it'll be up tomorrow! Okay, it's too late here and I'm tired. Off to bed I go! Fighting! <3

You're a brave soul.

                        -Double XX