Barista Minseok-ssi and misunderstandings

Lunch Break Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ohh! ohh! ohh! ohhh! Yo what's up, readers! Miss me? Of course you do!!! Who am i?? Byun Baek-

author-nim: You better shut it before I get someone else to narrate, Baek. This is the last warning...

You are seriously no fun.... *pouts*

 

3 years ago~

"Asa!" Sookyung pumped her fist in the air. Kyungsoo threw her a weird gaze and shook his head. 

"No one says 'Asa' anymore, Soo-ah.So old fashioned." He snickered, making Sookyung squint her eyes at him. 

"Wae???? I'm just excited that I got the job. Kekeke my dream job~" 

"What's so nice being a barista? Baristas just make coffee. What so special? You can do it at home." Kyungsoo sulked. 

Sookyung recently applied for a part-time job at a cafe near school. Fortunately for her, she got the job and Kyungsoo felt sad that she couldn't spend time with him anymore.

Why is he so sad when it was only a part-time job you ask? Well, Sookyung works 7 days a week from 5 to 10 apparently. So, he barely gets to see her. So sad.... kekeke...pity pity 

"Ppalli! It's 4.55 already. I'm gonna be late and it'll be all your fault." Sookyung ran across the street to get to the cafe. 

"Yahh! Don't run! You'll fall!!!" Kyungsoo yelled as he chased after her. 

She's not a kid anymore, Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo: She's accident-prone. You'll get my point in the next chapter.

Why are you here?! I'm the narrator. Not you! Go away!!

Kyungsoo: I just came to visit you, gosh. Fine, I'll leave.

 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo." Sookyung and Kyungsoo bowed as they entered the cafe. The owner stood at the counter and gave her a warm smile. "You must be Sookyung."

"Ne." She nodded. "And this is?" The owner looked at Kyungsoo with a confused look. "I remembered hiring only 1 person." He chuckled.

"I'm Do Kyungsoo. I'm just accompanying Sookyung here." Kyungsoo answered and took a seat.

"I see. Well Sookyung-ssi, let's get to work shall we?" The owner showed her the workers locker room. "Ahh I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Kim Seokjin. You can call me Mr. Kim or sajangnim." He said and passed Sookyung her uniform.

"Ne." Sookyung nodded and took her uniform. "Now, go change and I'll introduce the workers here to you."

 

"This is Minseok, my son. He will teach you how to make all the coffee." Mr Kim introduced one of the boys standing at the counter.

"Hello, I'm Kim Minseok. Nice to meet you. You can call me Minseok oppa because I saw your age on you application form." Minseok smiled.

"I'm Hwang Sookyung. Nice to meet you too. I hope I won't be a nuisance to you." 

"Ohh no no...I love teaching people how to make coffee. I have a passion for it." Minseok wiggled his brows, making Sookyung laugh. 

"Seeing how comfortable you two are, I'll just leave then. Minseok-ah, take good care of Sookyung and the cafe. I need to run some errands." Mr Kim patted Minseok on the shoulder. Minseok nodded and pushed his father out the door. 

"Ne~ don't come back though. You make everyone feel uncomfortable. Annyeong appa!" 

"Yahh... I'm your dad. Treat me like it. Oh, and make sure that sister of yours come to work or else I'm gonna take away her phone. Make sure you tell her that." Mr Kim warned before he left. 

"Ne appa. Ppalli ka!" Minseok waved at his father who threw him a smug look. Minseok walked towards Sookyung and ushered her towards the coffee machines.

"You seem excited, little miss." Minseok laughed. "I am! It's my dream to be a barista." Sookyung said with a sparkling glint in her eyes. 

"Okayyy Miss I'm so excited! Let's get started shall we?" Sookyung frantically nodded. She was grinning from ear to ear. 

"Ohhh but before that, is that your boyfriend over there?" MInseok secretly pointed at Kyungsoo who was sitting at a corner, enjoying his brownies like a little boy. 

"Him?! No no no, he is my best friend. Not my boyfriend. What made you think that?" Sookyung shook her head.

"Are you sure? You two seem to look at each other differently...hmmm...." Minseok tapped his chin and brushed his imaginary beard. "Are you really sure?"

"Yes I am."

"Are you really really sure, Sookyung... don't you feel something special towards him? Like extreme fondness towards him?"

"Minseok oppa.."

"Yes, deary?"

"We are just plain best friends. Nothing else."

"That simple?" 

"Yes. Nothing else."

"Okay... I'll believe you."

"Thank you. Hey wait! What does my relationship with Kyungsoo have anything to do with you?"

"For now... I'll believe you for now. Sharing your love life with a co-worker is legit, Sookyung."

"But it's only the first day we've met."

"That way, we'll grow closer very soon." Minseok chuckled and wiggled his brows.

"You are so weird." 

"Why thank you. Now, let's get to work!" Minseok took out the ingredients to make a cup of caramel macchiato. "The first step in making this aromatic drink is-"

"OPPA!" A high school girl came running into the cafe. "Don't tell dad I'm late, please! I need my phone, I can't live without it." 

"Just when I was about to start teaching, she comes in." Minseok sighed and turned towards his sibling. "Stop yapping and get to work or else I'll tell dad."

"Thanks oppa~" She blew her brother a flying kiss before entering the locker room. MInseok sighed once again and turned towards Sookyung to continue their lesson. But just when they were about to start once again....

"Oh my god, Kyungsoo oppa? What a coincidence? How did you know I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter