How Giraffe-san befriended Sookyung

Lunch Break Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Present (Baek's POV)

"Stop staring." I said as I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. "Where else are we supposed to look when you're the one telling the story?!" Chen deadpanned. 

"Stop acting stupid, Baek." Sookyung chuckled as she stuck a lollipop in . Grape. Her favourite. Who  the hell likes grape lollipops? It tastes so yucky. Blehhhh...

"Want some?" Sookyung took the lollipop out from and pointed it at my direction. Missy, are you actually asking me whether I want that disgusting flavored, purple looking ball of hard rock crystallized melted sugar? What's wrong with you? 

I gave her a disgusted look and shoved her hand away from my face. "No way." I uttered. "Well, more for me." She smiled and on her lollipop like a little girl.

"Hey Kyungsoo-ah, why is your English so good? Did you leave abroad or something?" Suho asked suddenly. Come to think of it, I've never found out why both of their english was so good. Hmmmm....

"It's not that good actually." Kyungsoo shrugged nonchalantly. "Don't act all humble please. There's no one to please. Your English is daebak!" Chanyeol smacked the table in excitement. "Akkkk! My hand....ahhhh..." 

Yeol....you're an idiot. Full stop.

"I'm just good at reading. That's all. There's nothing daebak about it." Kyungsoo unwrapped a lollipop and stuck it into his mouth. Grape. What's wrong with these people? 

"Mmmm mmm." Sookyung shook her head. "You can converse quite well. I'm so jealous of youuuuuu..." She stated with the lollipop still in . She turned to him and gave him a sweet smile and a thumbs up. Ughhh the ants are coming.

"Yeah, Kyungsoo. I heard you speaking to Mrs. Go yesterday in the office. I understood nothing!" Tao commented with a stupid smile hanging on his lips, earning a smack on the head from Mia. "And that's a good thing?" Mia laughed. "I guess?" Tao answered timidly, making all of us laugh.

"It's hard for me to learn a whole new language, okay? I'm already struggling with Korean." Tao frowned and lowered his head. Mia smiled and gave him a peck on his cheek, immediately making him sit straight up. He turned to her and returned the peck on her forehead.

"Hey hey hey! No PDA in front of us. I want my eyes to remain innocent." Jongin covered his eyes and yelled. "As if you don't watch pfffffff." Chanyeol snickered. "YAH!!!!! Park Chan Yeol! There's no need to reveal things like this in front of the girls!" Jongin frantically grabbed his hair and started ruffling it like crazy. "I'm your hyung, Kim Jong In! What happened to your formalities?" Chanyeol shook his head. 

"It's nothing new, Jongin-ah... don't worry." Mia patted Jongin's shoulder. Jongin covered his face and banged his forehead on the table. "I hate my life."

"Should we continue with our story time?" I asked suddenly. Luhan's eyes glimmered. "Yes yes!" 

 

 

(Words in purple are Baekhyun's thoughts when narrating the story)

 

4 years ago... (narrating with a British accent)

 

Ooooo... I sound so posh! Nice! Me likey...

Author-nim: Baek, can you be serious about this?

Baekhyun: What's wrong with acting posh?

Author-nim: If you go on with that "British accent" of yours, no one will understand you and they'll stop reading this story and you won't get to narrate anymore.

Baekhyun: Noooo T_T I'll stop.... Please don't stop reading, my lovely readers! I need your support T_T LOVE ME. PLEASE.

Author-nim: Stop acting sad and go on, Baek.

Baekhyun: Fine...

 

 

"Kyungsoo!!! Wait up!!" Sookyung yelled from the end of the hallway. The doe-eyed boy was already out of the door. Sookyung ran with all her might while cursing at her short legs. "Why must that be so tall?!"

Well, we all know that kyungsoo aint that tall compared to a lot of people. The problem was Sookyung... She was quite ermmm...

How should I put this?

Short?

Well yea, that girl was a midget. With that height of hers, anyone could be named as a tower just by standing next to her. Sorry, Sookyung. You're my friend and sister and all, but the truth is the truth.

"DO KYUNGSOO YOU SLOW DOWN-UFFFF!" Sookyung knocked into someone and fell on her . Ooo this person smells sweet. She thought. She looked up and saw a pair of wide-openned eyes staring at her in shock. "I-I-i'm so sorry!!!" The boy bowed multiple times. He had a lollipop stuck in his mouth. He was a total giant with cute curly brown hair.

'Chanyeol' was written on his nametag. Cute name. She thought. Chanyeol stuck out his hand and Sookyung gladly accepted it. He yanked her up and apologized once again. " It's okay, Chanyeol-ssi. I'm okay." Sookyung flashed him her signature smile. Chanyeol blushed.

"H-how did you know my name?" He stuttered cutely. Sookyung chuckled and pointed at his nametag. He flushed even more.

'Way to go Park Chanyeol, smooth.' Chanyeol mentally smacked himself.

"I'm Hwang Sookyung. Nice to meet you Park Chanyeol-ssi."

"Just Chanyeol is fine. No need to be so formal."

"Well call me Sookyung then. I'm in 2-B." (A/N: Just a little note, I don't know anything about the education system in Korea hehe)

"2-A"

"Ahhhh... So that's why you looked so familiar... I have english class with you."

"Really?" Sookyung nodded. "I'm sitting with Kyungsoo, right next to the window."

"Ohhh, the doe-eyed boy with awesome pronunciation?" Chanyeol clapped as he remembered. Sookyung laughed at his cute answer and nodded. "Yup. That's Kyungsoo alright. I think we'll be great friends" Sookyung s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter