despair

opposite attracts

 -lee seung gi POV
 the age of 13>
 

"Dad..please..." Tears overwhelming my eyes as I realise that I'm running out of time. 

He shakily hands me a shiny silver ring that held a small pale blue diamond, it sparkled brightly. As I look closer at it with my teary brown eyes, I see that around the loop of the ring there are little diamonds forming our family name 'Lee'. 

"Seunggi, this ring...is our family heirloom... There's a secret to it though.. You see, this ring has the power to find your soulmate ...and bring.. You two together... All you have to.. Do is to put this ring in a bottle..seal it and throw, with all your might.. Into the ocean, from the top of a cliff... Do that, son and you will find your soulmate.... I love you......be happy..." He struggle to breath with each spoken word. 

My tears-filled eyes stares deeply into his, begging him to be ok, to be healthy again. 
"Please dad, you have to be ok..please please please..I'll be good... I'll be the son who is worthy of your love..please I'll change.." I sobbingly pleaded. 

"..seunggi, you are ...the greatest ...son anyone ..could ever ask for....when you turn 18 you are.. Going to have to take over entirely.. I'm sorry son.. And as your mother's wish.....you have to get married before 32..." His eye lids starts to draw closer together. 
I start to panic. 

"I understand dad...I won't ever let you down..I'll make your company just like how you dream it would be ..I love you dad.." My voice cracked with each said words. 

My time is over. 

His pale hand started to lose whatever little warmth it had, entirely. 
His eyes closed, preventing me from ever seeing his once bright brown eyes when he used to read me stories. Cracked lips that will never move again, I will never get to hear his voice as he gives me advise and teaches me thing. 

Cancer has beaten him. 

I cried silently, because dad always said that 'real man cry silently, enduring all the pain without a sound". 

"Young Master it time.." The voice belong to Cha seung won, hyung. A twenty year old male who is my father's most trusted right-hand-man and dearest friend, even though he's our servant, however to me, his like my brother, he taught lots of useful things such as 'how to survive in the wildness', self-defence and confidence. 

"Hyung..." My voice barely reach a whisper, though hyung seems to know what I want because he pulled into a hug and patted my shoulders. 

"You will be fine, you are strong seunggi. We are brother remember ? You will grow up to be successful just like your father and you will live a happy life, you have me to help you when you need it." He said making me look at him. 
He stood back up to his full height, reaching 187cm. He's in his normal attire; a black fitted suit. 

"Yes hyung, thank you.." I said in my normal tone. I followed his action and decided to stand up, I was only 162cm, barely passing the height of his arm pits. 

I re-adjust my own black suit and squared my shoulders, my face slowing whipping all emotion of my face. 
"Goodbye dad, I love you." I said to laying pale man. My dead father. 

 

"Keep going, keep up the pace and you'll be fine" Cha seung hyung encouraged loudly. 

I'm running, I'm pacing myself. I'm slowly building myself. I'm focus, I'm also emotionless or so people say. 

"Well done seunggi, you are finished with exercise for the day, so you are free to do whatever you wish" he inform me with a smile. 

"Umm hyung, there is one thing I'd like to do. Can you drive me to Mount-hansansa? I have to do something." I explain. 

"Sure, go change and we'll leave as soon as you're ready." He answer with a pat on my back. With that I race towards my room. 

<7 minutes later> 

"Okay, let's go" I say climbing into the black SUV. 

Before long we've reached our destination. The whether was gloomy and the fog was starting to fall. I have to be quick. 

Getting out of the car, I rushed towards the cliff. The area was clear, only containing the soft short green grass and one tall tree. The silence wasn't as thick as I thought it would be. 

Standing near the edge of the cliff, I view the clearing, the dark blue ocean water crashed onto the rocky shore below. I close my eyes, hearing the wind dance with the trees. I take a deep breath. 

"I wish to find my soulmate. I wish to find the love of my life." I silently prayed and with that I open my eyes, grasping the small glass bottle in my right hand tightly. 
I threw the glass bottle into the ocean with all my might. 

As soon as the bottle was out of my grip, I felt a bang in my chest above my heart. 

"That's really odd" I thought but gave no second thought to it and I start to head back to the car. 


End of chapter 1