Complicated

Dancing in the Rain

1:30 p.m. On the way to work

Krystal swirled her skirt as she skipped down the street. For the first time in a long while, she felt excited. She wasn't sure if she even liked Hyun-Joong sunbaenim but just the feeling of going on a date made her feel giddy. The sun was shining, the day was bright, and Krystal was feeling happy.

Everything in her life seemed to be working out recently. Sure she'd lost her apartment but she wasn't going to live there permanently anyways and it was a rundown place to begin with. She would just find a  new place. She remembered her years in high school, when she'd lived alone. She'd had friends but her friends could never seem to replace family. 

Krystal smiled to herself. She might not have her real family now but the way Taec oppa took care of her made her feel as if she had an older brother looking out for her. Grinning, she arrived at the restaurant.

*************

1:30 p.m. Il Fernello

 

"Yuri, I don't think we can just start dating again," Minho responded, as calmly as possible, "you just took off two years ago and I don't think I can just pretend like nothing happened like before."

Yuri twirled a strand of hair between her perfectly manicured pink nails. "I know silly. We can just start off like we did before, as friends. Then we can start to rebuild the relationship we had before."

Minho sighed and decided to use a different tactic. "I have a girlfriend." he lied.

Yuri stopped her twirling. She actually seemed angry at the prospect that he might have dated after she'd left him. This made Minho even angrier.

"We can be friends but I don't think I can date you." Minho said.

"Okay, well I would like to meet this girlfriend of yours," Yuri replied skeptically, "after all, who knows you better than me?"

Minho hadn't thought this far ahead. He decided to go with it. "Sure." he flashed a confident smile.

"Cool. Meet me tomorrow- I'll probably see you at school. I have to go now, so bye!" With that, she flipped her hair and clacked out of the restuarant.

Minho sighed in the seat, wondering how he was going to find a girlfriend within half a day, and one that could impress Yuri.

********

6:00 p.m. 

 

Krystal sat at the bus stop, texting Taecyeon. Her work had just ended and now she was on her way back to school. They were holding auditions for the musical soon..actually the auditions had probably already started. But auditions started with character auditions so she was safe, at least for half an hour.

Yeah I'm on my way to school for auditions -Soojung

You're auditioning?! -Taec oppa

Yeahh..... -Soojung

For what?? Eun-byul? -Taec oppa

??? -Soojung

I'm auditioning for choreographer -Soojung

Ahhh... will they give that to a freshman? ;) -Taec oppa

Shouldn't you be supporting me?! -Soojung

Maybe i'll drop by on my way home or something... -Taec oppa

Really?! ^ ^ -Soojung

If you're nice... :P -Taec oppa

Krystal grinned and boarded the bus and sat down by the window. The bus lurched forward within fifteen minutes, arrived by KNUA. Krystal ran off the bus and into KNUA's luxurious campus. It was already almost half past six. She entered the theater building and carefully opened the giant mahogany doors of the theater. 

Inside, auditions for Eun-Byul were almost ending. 'You're seirously cutting it close Jung Soojung." Krystal told herself. On stage, a girl was dancing to Maroon 5's Moves Like Jagger. Her moves were organized, neat, and practiced. It was Minho oppa's follower, Jun Hyosung. Once she finished her routine, a group of guys cheered loudly, even giving her standing ovations. She curtsied and walked off the stage prettily. Now the auditions for Eun-Byul were over. Choreographer auditions would begin next. Krystal got ready to perform. 

But suddenly, the doors opened again. This time it was a grand entrance. A girl walked in, tall and confident. She had perfect waved hair, and wore a girly, white dress. She walked to the stage and announced that she would be auditioning for the role of Eun-Byul. No one seemed to know who she was but the guys were blushing nonetheless. 

"I just enrolled here," she said in the classic Candy voice, "I'm third year vocal major. My name is Yuri." The guys practically fainted at her voice. Even the director was impressed with her sweet impression- perfect for the sweet, innocent role of Eun-Byul. She opened and began singing. 

The beginning was good, and although some parts were a bit questionable, overall, it was stable. She was very dramatic as well, exaggerating the es and wearing an impression of the damsel-in-distress. The director pointed out her talent in expressing a dramatic feel. He said though, that her problem was that her voice wasn't memorable. Her singing had no tug. But he said this in a bright an cheery way, making sure he added a hint of her being a very strong contendent for the role. When she stepped down satisfied, it was finally time for the auditions for choreographer.

They decided to start with freshmen. "Krystal Jung!" Director called out from his list. All eyes turned to her as she stepped up onto the stage. 

She walked up to the director and handed in her written audition, with her diagrams of various sequences for a few scenes. After flipping through them he motioned for her to dance her routine. After taking a deep breath, she did. 

When she finished, she noticed a few girls glaring at her. "Okay, good job. You'll be informed if your accepted. Thanks." the director said. It was over. Krystal walked back down and out of the theater for a breath of fresh air. Then she would head home. She was tired and there were still many more auditions that would go on.

She looked up and down the street. Taec oppa was probably not coming. Sighing, she headed again for the bus stop.

 

******
"Hey! How was the audition?" Taecyeon greeted Krystal when she came inside. 

"You said you'd come!" she said, taking off her shoes. 

"Sorry," Taecyeon looked guilty. "I had to lsiten to someone's problems here at home." He coughed at MInho, who was watching tv. 

"It's fine," Krystal said, "I'm kind of tired so I'll just go to bed early tonight." Taecyeon nodded and she headed upstairs. 

Once she'd gone, Taecyeon plopped down next to Minho. 

"I think she's overworking herself. She works at that restaurant way too much and she's still only high school age. Keeping up with school and auditions must be hard. Plus there are so many rumours at school about her and her family." Taecyeon said.

"I heard she's like some genius dancer or something. It might be hard for us, but it's probably nothing to her." Minho shrugged. 

Taecyeon looked at his friend. "You're my friend but you're such a jerk sometimes." he said half-jokingly "so what are you going to do about Yuri?"

"I'll probably have to just get Hyo-sung." Minho replied. Taecyeon shook his head as he got up and headed for the kitchen. Minho was so incomprehendable sometimes too.

*********

11:00 a.m. the next day KNUA

 

Minho walked quickly; he'd just seen Yuri around the corner. It was just his luck- to see her in this giant campus, especially when he was just about to head out. 

"Minho-yah!" she called as she approached him quickly. Today she was wearing another princess-y outfit. Sometimes her fashion was more pink and princess-y than Hyosung's. 

"So where's your girlfriend?" was the first thing she asked. Minho sighed. The moment had come. 

He scanned the crowd for Hyosung. He spotted her, coming out of class with Taecyeon and Soojung to boot. Not he'd have to embarrass himself in front of all of them. 

"Minho!" Taecyeon waved as he and Soojung headed over. Hyosung clacked over too, smiling smugly.

Soojung was wearing something more feminine for once. It was a short simple dress and her hair was nothing fancy, just natural and loose over her shoulders. But for some reason, when she was walking she looked...

Yuri nudged him. "Not your roomate and his girlfriend. I want to see your girlfriend." Taecyeon arrived and Soojung was standing a bit behind him, a bit awkward in the situation.

Making a sudden decision, Minho grabbed Soojung's arm. She looked up in surprise and recoiled. But he pulled her beside him and put his arm around her shoulder. 

"Yuri, meet my girlfriend- Krystal Jung."

 

 

So i haven't written in a LONG time but you guys kept me going!! I hope you like this chapter, things are starting to get more interesting (i hope). 

Read, comment and subscribe!! any suggestions, comments, thoughts are welcome!!! ^ ^