The Date

Dancing in the Rain

Taecyeon broke the awkward silence by getting up from his seat. "It's getting late and I have dance tomorrow morning...I'm heading to bed." he announced.

"Yeah same," Minho said. Krystal nodded. She had class the next morning as well. When Taecyeon got up and headed for his room, Minho took the 'contract' the trio had made earlier and brought it to the kitchen. Taking out some tape, he stuck it to the spotless, stainless steel fridge. He stepped back, and smiled in satisfaction. Krystal came up from behind him.

"Oppa," she said, tapping his shoulder. He turned around. She was holding out her hand to him for him to shake. He looked at her curiously.

"Thanks," she said quickly, "I usually don't get close to people easily but you and Taecyeon oppa seem so reliable..you seem like good people...so yeah." All of this came out in a rush and Krystal's face was bright red- Minho could tell she usually never said these things to people. Quickly, he took her hand and shook it hard. 

"Ow!" she yelped, feeling like her arm was being yanked out of its socket. Minho grinned. 

"Welcome to the house."

******************

 

Minho woke up to the sound of laughter. He rubbed his eyes and checked the clock- it was a quarter to eight. He pulled himself out of bed and sleepily headed for the kitchen. Taecyeon and Krystal were there, eating cereal. Minho walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bowl and spoon.

He sat down on the table. "Morning," Krystal said to him cheerfully and Taecyeon waved as a greeting. Krystal quickly got up from the table, after checking the time. 

"Where are you going? You barely had any food.."

"I have class soon I better get going..I'll see you at school Taec oppa..and Minho oppa." Krystal waved then quickly slipped on her shoes, grabbed her cardigan and headed out with her bag in tow.

"She's busy," Minho commented. Taec nodded. "Yeah..with her classes and job and all the stuff going on with her house..you know she's not even a freshman?"

Minho looked up. "Huh? Is she a second-year?"

"No, she's actually supposed to be in high school- in senior year. She actually came to KNUA a year early because she got accepted as a junior. I mean, after seeing her dance, and sing, and compose, I'm not surprised."

Minho glanced up. High school?! High school felt like a decade ago, though he'd graduated only two years ago. "Wow.." he said out loud, "she's just a little kid!"

Taec nodded. "Oh and Yuri wants to go out for lunch today..I said fine since Soojungie can't make it." Minho looked up. Yuri? He hadn't seen Yuri in ages...

"Sure.." Minho said a bit awkwardly. Taecyeon too, quickly finished his breakfast and got up. "Il Fernello in front of KNUA by one." he said, then headed to his room.

Minho barely nodded. He and Taecyeon had met Yuri back in middle school and the three had become friends because like Minho and Taecyeon, Yuri was rich, she was popular, she had a similar personality: outgoing, confident, bright. But later, things had happened and relationships were hurt...In short, Yuri was his and Taecyeon's past crush. They had both liked her at the time, and Yuri had noticed. She first dated Minho, then later dated Taecyeon for a while too. When she left after high school to spend time in Brooklyn and attend an arts university there, they'd thought she was never coming back...

 

*************

1:00 p.m. In front of the Il Fernello

Krystal pulled out her phone and checked the time. It was almost time for her date. She smoothed her skirt. She wasn't dressed so fancily..she wore a simple skirt and shirt and cardigan. Her hair was normal and she'd chose to stay fresh faced, like she always was. She turned the corner and quickly entered the restaurant. It was an expensive restaurant but the KNUA students came here regularly, eating out here because it was so near. Besides, to the vast majority of KNUA, money was definitely not a problem. 

Krystal looked around. Her eyes stopped on her date: Kim Hyun Joong. He was dressed casually like her and when he spotted her, he got up and waved. She headed over to him and they sat down. He pulled something out from behind him: a bouquet of flowers. Krystal smiled in spite of herself. 

They ordered lunch and throughout their meal, Hyun Joong's questions were polite and sweet, and he always spoke with a smile. He was charming and perfect. 

"Let's go," Hyun Joong said when they'd finished eating.  Krystal looked up. "Where?" Hyun Joong grabbed her hand. "Let's just go." He pulled her out of the restaurant once he paid for the bill and they walked down the street. Hyun Joong slid his hand around her waist naturally as they walked. Krystal stayed like that for a bit but she was uncomfortable with the sudden skinship so she pulled away. Besides, people were staring. 

It was four already. "Oh I have to go!" Krystal said. "Huh?" Hyun Joong asked. "Now?"

"Yeah..I have work."

"Can I borrow your phone for a sec?" Hyun Joong asked.

"huh? Sure." Krystal handed him her phone. But instead of calling, he did something then handed it back to her. 

"It's my number. I got yours. Call me." he said and winked as he sauntered away in the direction of KNUA.

 

***********

1:00 p.m. The Il Fernello

Minho had just sat down when Taecyeon arrived. A minute later, Yuri entered the restaurant. She was wearing a white short dress and white heels, holding a small bag. Her hair was perfectly waved and her makeup had not one smudge or line out of place. As she headed to the table, two guys started whispering to each other. She arrived, smiling confidently and sat down.

"Hey! I missed you guys so much!" She hugged Minho then Taecyeon.

"Yeah same!" Taec said. "Yeah, just wasn't the same without you." Minho added. It was awkward, but Yuri didn't seem to remember that she'd dumped both of them before heading off to America then came back without a word in between and wanted everything to be the same as when they were friends in high school.

The lunch was awkward mostly, but they found things to talk about and Yuri was as charming as before. They were just about to get up and leave when Taecyeon received a call. 

"I think I need to leave early guys," he said after taking the call, "it's my little sister, she says Mom wants to have a family dinner tonight I need to be there ASAP. It was really nice seeing you though Yuri. I guess I'll...see you around..?"

Yuri laughed her twinkling laugh. "Of course! I transferred to KNUA now, I'll see you in a few days!" Both Taecyeon and Minho looked up. 

"What major?"

"Oh you know how I sing," Yuri laughed. "But I'm considering a double in performing arts."

Taec nodded and waved as he left. "Well see you at school then!" Once Taecyeon had left, Yuri smiled again at Minho.

"Minho-ya you know I never forgot about our time together in the States. I still have you in my heart." she said smiling at Minho.

"Uh..you dumped me." Minho replied, "I'm not sure about how I feel.."

"I'm not saying let's date right away. I want to start slowly until you open your heart to me. Like rebuild our friendship and find out our true feelings. Let's start over Minho."

 

 

 

 

Chapter finished!! I know i didn't update in FOREVER but i was super super busy!! :0 anyways thank you for not giving up on this story it will definitely get better from here. Yuri just got introduced, I really really like Yuri in real life but in this story, she's not an amazingly wonderful person. She's not mean, but just not..nice. :P dunno. you'll see. 

A sneak preview of the next chapter: 'The Audition"

please comment: suggestions and feedback are VERY welcome ^ ^