Hidden Talents

Dancing in the Rain

 

Krystal
Krystal ran out the door of her new temporary home. She had about twelve minutes until she had work. She ran down the street, pulling up her knit and swinging her bag over her shoulder. She heard her phone buzzing and she quickly grabbed it and answered.
"Hello?"
"Is this Krystal?" a guy asked.
"Um, yes who is this?" Krystal replied. The bus stop was only a hundred meters away.
"Do you remember me? Kim Hyun Joong? I asked you out?"
"Oh!" Krystal said, shocked. She really didn't know what to say to him. She hadn't really decided..but Taecyeon oppa had told her to say yes...
"..So do you have an answer?" he asked.
"Um..sure. Taecyeon oppa told me you're a good guy so I'll do one date," Krystal replied slowly.
"Really? Thanks. Are you free tomorrow at twelve? Let's have lunch at Il Fornello. The one by KNUA."
"Okay, I'm free. I'll see you tomorrow."
"Okay, bye."
Krystal hung up the phone quickly and ran up onto the bus. Plopping down onto a seat she just realized what she had done. It was actually her first real date! Sure there had been a guy in ninth grade who she had "dated" but really they had just texted each other and went to a movie. Then they had "broken up" when the guy moved schools. What would she wear? What would she say? She didn't even know him well..what if it was awkward? Questions were swimming through her head as she rode to the restaurant that she worked part-time in.
 
Minho
Minho sat down on the couch, strumming his guitar. He had to write a song by Friday and it was already Tuesday. He rubbed his head. Sure he'd skipped a grade in composing and had gone into third-grade when he was supposed to be in second-grade composing. But it was still hard. The only reason he'd skipped was because he'd taken theory and songwriting classes for just about his entire life. But writing songs still came unnaturally to him.
"Yah Minho!" Taecyeon called from the kitchen.
"What?"
Taecyeon walked over and sat down on another couch. "You don't mind Soojungie living here right? I mean, she's just like a little sister to me."
"Whatever. I mean I'm not angry or anything but won't it be a bit uncomfortable? For her too? I mean she doesn't even know me that well, is she okay living here?"
Taecyeon nodded. "Yeah she says I remind her of a kinda sturdy-ish older brother and she says you seem like a nice guy." Minho grinned. 
"So how did you guys become so close?" Minho asked.
"Actually I don't know a lot about her really. She told me she has a hard time making friends and opening up to people. She says I'm one of her only friends here."
"Wow, why?" Minho asked. She seemed optimistic and bright, and from what Taecyeon said, spirited and playful too. 
"I don't know everything, but she lived alone in America for a while. I don't know where her parents are but anyhow she spent almost all of her childhood and most of her teenage years in America till she came here for KNUA. I can't imagine growing up alone. I think that's why I wanted to get to know her. She seemed a little, different? All the people here are so protected, so rich, you know."
Minho nodded. He hadn't viewed her like that but now that he saw just a glimpse of her past, he sort of understood why she would keep to herself, and why she worked so hard in everything.
He looked down at his empty sheet again. One girl was working so hard, at work, at school, but he couldn't write one measly song for a winter musical. He sighed and got to work.
 
Krystal:
Krystal wiped the last table as the last two customers left the restaurant. SHe looked at the clock- 6:30 p.m. For today, her shift was done. She took off the worn apron and hung it up. Waving goodbye at all the workers, she headed out.
It was already getting dark outside. Now she had to get to Taecyeon oppa's house and write her song. A song that fits the winter musical. The winter musical. Should she try out? No, she wouldn't be casted in anything but a back-up dancer anyways...but a being a backup dancer would still give her experience. She snatched out the script from her bag and skimmed through it as she walked. 
It was a story of youth, of running to reach dreams, of strong friendships and sweet romances. It was a story every young person could relate to and maybe find hope in. Krystal smiled. The main character, Eun-byul, was so outgoing, and popular, and outspoken, yet sweet. She wished she could be like her. Krystal smiled and thought of her favourite scenes after she had skimmed through the play. She began to hum a melody and closed her eyes, imagining herself in Eun-Byul's place...
"Yah! Jung Soo Jung!"
Krystal opened her eyes and snapped back into reality. She looked up. Taecyeon oppa was grabbing her shoulders. 
"Why are you walking around the street with your eyes closed?!"
Krystal giggled. She had been too focused on her song that she'd forgotten that the house was actually really close from work.
"Sorry oppa. I was thinking of the song that I have to write and I just forgot...but thanks." Taecyeon smiled and ruffled her hair a bit. 
"You're such a kid," he said and pulled her inside the condominium.
 
"We're here!"
Minho oppa came rushing out. "Yah," he said to Krystal, "Jung Soo-Jung." Krystal looked up, surprised. "How do you know..?"
"Oops. Sorry!" Taecyeon put up both hands in surrender. 
"It's fine. It's not like it's a big secret or anything," Krystal smiled.
"Yah," Minho repeated, "did you write a song yet for composing?"
"Umm...I thought of a main melody in my head on the way here, but I haven't written the song yet."
"Oh good, I thought I was the only one...But hey, why are you in third-year composing? I thought you were a freshman." Taecyeon nodded in agreement with Minho.
"I studied for all the technical stuff in second year and took the exam for second-year composing  before I came to KNUA then I had to write two songs and hand them in. I passed the exam and my songs got through whatever standard they had. Why? Isn't that what you did? you're second-year right?"
"No..I just took the exam..."
"Whatever whatever!" Taecyeon said, clearing the air, "drop it, it doesn't matter! Why don't we have lunch tomorrow together? Get to know each other more, after all, we live together."
"Call!" Minho said.
"Um,..I can't."
"What?" both guys looked at the small girl between them.
"I have...a date..?"
"I thought you had like, zero friends," Minho said.
Krystal shot him a look. Minho shot her a look back.
"Well, this guy asked me out and Taecyeon oppa told me he was a nice guy so.."
"Who is it?" Minho asked.
"Kim Hyun Joong.." Minho looked at Taecyeon and mouthed, 'A nice guy, huh?"
"Yeah," Taecyeon mouthed back.
'Isn't he a player?" Minho answered silently.
'What?!" Taecyeon mouthed again.
Krystal stared at them and blushing, they stopped. 
"So..uh...show me one of your songs!" Minho said, changing the subject.
"What? Now?"
"Yeah. There's a piano and a guitar, use what you want."
"Okay...I guess I have to do at least this much..after all, I'm living here right?" Krystal flashed a smile and picked up the guitar. Taecyeon and Minho came and sat down on across from her. She coughed twice, trying to hide the cold that she had.
She began singing one of her songs that she'd composed. She'd written it in about two hours, when she was by herself in America. It had been a gloomy, rainy day and she had imagined herself, with a guy that she loved, spending a sweet day together despite the rain. She wanted to do that someday- go on a date with a guy she loved on a rainy day. She would be happy, despite the gloomy weather for once.
As the thoughts floated through her head she became lost in the song, thinking of memories. She finished and looked up. Minho and Taecyeon were both staring at her. 
"Why didn't you tell me you could sing?" Taecyeon asked. "Huh?" Krystal asked, "what are you talking about? I'm not good at singing?"
"Yes you are! Did you write that song? How?" 
"Um..I don't really know.."
Minho grumbled, he was planning on making a joke if her singing had been a bit weird or if the song had been stupid. But the song was sweet and soft, calm and thoughtful. Her voice was so pretty and the way she sang made it seem as if she were talking only to him. The image of the girl singing softly, strumming the guitar, so lost in her music with a soft smile on her lips was unforgettable and for the first time, Minho felt his heart warm at the thought of Jung Soojung.
 
 
Whew! Another chapter done!! i know I'm pretty bad at this but please be patient if the story's boring you :( 
 
Here's the song that Krystal sang/made in the story. It's 'Rainy Day' by Lucite Tokki 
 
Here are the original lyrics:
오늘은 너와 만나기로 한 날
조금씩 두근두근거리는 난
조그만 가방에 우산을 넣고
버스를 타고 너에게로 달려

이런 설레이는 기분은 너도 나와 똑같을까
너와 함께 있는 시간은 언제나 즐거워

자꾸 장난치는 내 옆에 토라져 투덜대는 너와
작은 우산을 쓰고 비오는 거릴 걸어가고 싶어
하나둘씩 떨어지는 빗방울에 발걸음이 들떠
오늘은 온종일 이렇게 비가 내렸으면 좋겠어 
 
The english lyrics: (translated by me!!)
 
Today is the day I'm going to meet you
Little bit by little bit my heart is beating
But in a little bag I put an umbrella
On a bus I race to you
 
This kind of feeling- is it the same for both of us
The times I spend with you are always happy
 
With you constantly playful and pouty beside me
I want to share an umbrella and walk down a rainy street
With the raindrops falling our footsteps are light-
I wish it would rain like this forever (this line word for word says 'I want it to rain like this the whole day' but it sounds better like this ^ ^)
 
 
It's a really cute song :) the english lyrics might not sound thaaat nice but listen to the song- the original lyrics are so sweet :D
please comment: any thoughts, criticisms, suggestions welcome!! 
And subscribe too ^ ^