The Start of Jealousies, Crushes, and a winter Musical- Part I

Dancing in the Rain

Krystal quickly stuffed her theory textbook and running shoes into her bag before slamming her locker shut. She ran down the hallway quickly. There was about eight minutes left until her composing class would start. As she rounded the corner, she felt her phone buzz. Continuing to jog she checked it. It was a text. 

Yah! Jung Soo-Jung! Since I'm your oppa I should at least treat you out once right? -Taec oppa

Krystal smiled. It felt safe and sturdy to have someone close, especially an oppa, nearby. 

Of course! How about dduk-bokki after? I need to practice but it'll end at around five and I don't have work today -Soo-jung

Fine :) Spicy rice cakes it is!! I'll come pick you up in front of school at 5. see ya -Taec oppa

Krystal grinned. She couldn't wait until five. It was a long time since she'd had dinner with a friend- she'd always eaten alone ever since she came to Korea about a month ago. Suddenly, she felt someone hit her. She had been too busy looking at her phone that she hadn't noticed someone approaching. Wow, twice in a day- that's a personal best, she told herself. 

"Watch where you're going, will you?" the girl said to her as she smoothed her hair and brushed her clothes. 

"Sorry. Are you hurt anywhere?" The girl looked at her. She was medium height with medium build. She had blond-brown dyed hair and her clothes told Krystal that she was a major girly-girl and shopaholic. 

"No!" the girl replied haughtily, and turned to the guy standing next to her. Krystal hadn't noticed him this whole time. He looked indifferent that his girlfriend had just run into a random girl. She would never want a boyfriend like him.

"Yah, let's go," he told her, "you're not even hurt." And with that, he dragged her away by the sleeve. 

Once the two had gone, Krystal quickly checked her phone. Good, she had a minute left. She would make it, easy. 

Krystal rushed into the half-filled room and found a seat near the middle. Students entered quickly after her, and about ten seconds before the bell, in walked the snobby girl and her boyfriend. Krystal quickly ducked her head and groaned. The class was a third-year composing class and although she was only a freshman, she had been able to attend this course only because she had passed the prerequisite test for second-year composing. 

As they entered the room, Krystal caught the eye of the girl and the girl glared at her. She was her sunbae-nim and if there were any place where seniority was very important, it was university. And arts at that too. Thankfully however, the prof walked in then. Krystal breathed a sigh of relief. She was safe for now. 

As the class went on, the lecture became more and more in depth and Krystal became busy scrawling notes and highlighting text. The class carried on and immersed in the world of canon arrangements and capriccios, she forgot who was sitting two rows in front of her. 

*******

Minho sat in the composing class, only hearing half of the things Professor Kim was saying. It literally went through one ear and out the other. A few bits and pieces of information got caught in between, but that was it. He was thinking about that girl that Hyosung had bumped into in the hallway. She was the same girl who'd been in dance, Taecyeon's new 'dong-seng.' She was a freshman- she must be really smart to be taking third year composing. 

Hyosung tapped him on the shoulder and motioned for him to check his phone. She'd probably sent him a text. He was right.

Minho yaa~~ Do you want to go eat after class? I know this amazing new restaurant in town. -Jun Hyosung

No I'm busy -Minho

Before Hyosung had time to protest, Professor Kim clapped his hands to get everyone's attention. 

"Before we end today I have two announcements to make. The first is from Professor Yeon and Director Sung. There will be auditions for the new winter musical this Friday. Anyone who wants a role must attend. I know many of you are in performing arts- you may be interested. And also- this musical is a big production! I myself am involved in this production. Your next assignment will be to compose a full song that can match into the script of this new musical. The script will be posted on the website so please check soon! It will be due next week." Then, there was a knock on the door. A tall, hot guy entered. It was Kim Hyun Joong, KNUA's resident hottie. The girls stirred. He calmly walked to the front of the room and waved, flashing a cool smile. 

"Hey guys," he said, "so I'm also involved in the new musical and I really want you guys to try out. We're hoping to see some new faces this year. So don't be shy, pick a song, and show up! Friday after school- you guys better be there." A few girls smiled at him, or giggled, or whispered to each other. Hyun-Joong turned to Professor Kim and began talking about the musical. 

The whole class stirred- in anticipation, in excitement, in worry. Some, like Hyosung, were confident and perfectly fine. She knew she could get the lead role. Although she had some..issues with the singing portion of the musicals, she knew she could still get in. After all, her amazing dancing and acting made up for it all. Breaking away from her thoughts, she scanned the room for possible competitors. 

Yoo-jin? No, she was too air-headed to grab any real emotion. Eunji? No.. Sun-ah? No. Her eyes landed on that freshman girl. What was she doing here anyways? Whatever. She might be a problem, but Hyosung knew she could beat her. She was prettier than that freshman, and older. Suddenly, the girl got up from her seat and began to leave the room. Hysoung gave her a once-over. She had to admit, she was pretty. Very pretty. She did have that egg-shaped face and the big eyes and the milky skin. But as soon as that thought entered her head, Hyosung realized what she was thinking. 

The girl was a few steps away from her now. Thinking quickly, Hyosung stuck her foot out and watched the girl topple to the ground.

************

Krystal was in a rush. She had so many things to do. She was way behind on practice, for dance and acting, and she still had to compose that song. Besides that, she needed to work- rent was due soon. So much to do-so little time. She was walked out of the room, down the aisle when she felt something hit her foot. She didn't have time to reflect before she felt herself falling. 

She hit the ground on one knee and it made contact with somethings sharp. She looked down. Her knee wasn't deeply cut, probably not stitches. But it still had a pretty long gash and it was bleeding. She knew the snobby girl had stuck out her foot. But there really wasn't much she could do. She was her sunbae, and the whole class was watching. So Krystal quickly gathered her things into her bag and got up slowly. All eyes were on her. She made her way to the door, and left. 

Once outside, she was about to head to the washroom when someone came out behind her. It was Kim Hyun Joong, the guy who'd just been talking with Professor Kim. He smiled and handed her a tissue. 

"Thanks," she said and she wiped her knee. 

"Hey I saw what happened in there. Hyosung...she has a tendency to pick on younger students. Especially when she knows they're talented. Don't worry about it- take it as a compliment." he grinned, joking. She smiled. He was good-looking, no wonder he was the most popular guy at KNUA. She'd heard he even had a fanclub. And he was nice too. 

"well, I don't really know if I should be flattered," Krystal said, "you should've seen the evil eye she gave me. It's weird." Hyun-Joong grinned. 

"Let's have a snack over there. You're pretty cool." he said. So they walked to the school lobby and he bought her a soda. 

"So what's up?" Krystal asked, "I barely know you- are you always this nice to freshmen?" Hyun-Joong laughed. 

"Only ones like you." he said. 

"Are you trying to hit on me?" Krystal laughed. 

"Maybe," Hyun-Joong replied, smiling mischievously.

"Huh," Krystal said, "whatever."

"I'm serious!" he said, grabbing her attention. 

"Wait,..what?" she was now seriously confused. What the heck was going on?!

"I'm hitting on you." Wait- what? What is he saying..?

He continued, "let's date."

 

 

 

 

 

duh.duh.duhhhhh...... random huh? hope you liked the chapter i will try to update soon :) if it's bad sorry but it will get better. you'll see.. ;) 

comments, suggestions, thoughts, are all VERY welcome!! subscribe!! :D thanks