The Start of Jealousies, Crushes, and a Winter Musical- Part II

Dancing in the Rain

Krystal put her soda down on the table, hard. 

"Wait..what?" she asked. Hyun Joong smiled.

"Let's go out on a date," he repeated. 

"Why?" Krystal asked him, "I met you maybe ten minutes ago. Normal guys don't ask girls out ten minutes after they meet."

"Well, I've seen you for a week or two and I heard alot about you. And I'm also close with Taecyeon- you're friends with him now right? I heard alot about you and you're my type. Sorry, I'm kinda the blunt type." Hyun Joong said.

Krystal stared at him. Should she go out with this guy? She barely knew anything about him, but the way he was talking was honest. If he was close with Taec oppa then he must not be bad...but she didn't want to start a relationship with a guy that she barely knew.

"Yah," Hyun Joong said, interrupting her thoughts. He was grinning. "Stop thinking so hard- I can practically see the gears turning in your head! I have to go now- but think about it." He slid a piece of paper across the table. "Tell me when you've decided- it's only one date. Gotta go- bye!" He swung his bag over his shoulder and waved as he walked out of the cafe.

********

Taecyeon grabbed his wallet and headed out of his room. Minho was in the living room, watching tv. He looked up when Taecyeon came out.

"Huh, where you going?" he asked. He was wearing a loose shirt and jeans. 

"Just eating with a friend. Hey- did you see my keys?" Taecyeon said, distractedly. He walked to the kitchen and rummaged through the drawers. 

"Who's the friend?" Minho asked, "I should know him too right? Is it Min-jin hyung? Soo-hyun?" Taecyeon grabbed the keys and checked his watch, only half-hearing what MInho was saying. It was four-forty- perfect. 

"Huh, no you don't know her. She's new here- maybe you saw here before, dunno. Anyway, bye- I'll be back at around nine to ten-ish."

"Yah! It's a GIRL?! Who is she? Which major is she? What does-" Minho was cut short by the slamming of the front door.

"Ugh," Minho muttered to himself, "he's always ignoring me!" He wondered who it could be. Taecyeon didn't have many girl friends. She must be something special.

******

 

All Krystal could think about through most of her practice was Kim Hyun Joong. She didn't like him or anything- but she knew she had to give him an answer soon. She didn't have much dating experience- in fact she didn't have any real dating experience. She hadn't had time to date anyone properly when she was in the states. Her countless thoughts were filling her head by the time her practice ended. She quickly took a shower and slipped on a loose sweater and jeans. She headed out to the front of school.

It was chilly out. Only five in the afternoon, but the sun was already getting ready to set. She knew fall was coming early this year and already the temperatures were dropping. It was already fall. Soon even fall would be over and winter would set in. Winter would be nearing the end and a new year would already have started. Krystal sighed. Years passed quickly. She remembered when she lived in America as a child. Being born in San Francisco and growing up for a few years with her family. She remembered moving to Korea, for her father's business. Adjusting wasn't hard as Korean was already natural. However, that life lasted only a few more years. She turned ten years old and her sister fifteen. Things were changing. As her father's business grew better, their family grew,..well, worse. From husband wife tensions to mother daughter tensions to sister sister tensions, everything was rough. After one incident on one day, her parents decided to send their daughter to study abroad. Alone. 

A car honked loudly and woke Krystal up from her nostalgic daydreams. She looked up. It was Taecyeon, in a sleek black car. She smiled and ran over. 

Once she buckled her seatbelt, Taecyeon began backing out and driving to the street. Krystal giggled.

"What?" he asked. She quickly stifled her laughter. 

"Nothing," she said quickly, covering . But that only made Taecyeon even more curious. 

"What?!" he asked again, "why are you laughing?" Krystal smiled sneakily. 

"You really wanna know?" Taecyeon nodded vigorously. 

"..you're such a wimpy driver," Krystal laughed. Taecyeon gave her his offended face. 

"What do you mean? Slow and steady wins the race, Jung Soojung.." She burst out laughing. There was at least a five meter gap between their car and the one in front, and there were three cars trailing behind them. Krystal tapped him on the shoulder and pointed it out clearly for him. Sighing, (and taking a deep breath) Taecyeon put his foot a millimetre deeper into the pedal.

Pretty soon, they arrived a restaurant. They got out and sat down at a table. The food came out quickly and they began to eat. They ate dduk-bokkgi, kim-bap, and odeng. 

"So how was your practice?" Taecyeon asked Krystal as they ate. She looked up.

"Oh..I couldn't focus at all. Oppa, do you know someone named Kim Hyun Joong?"

"Huh? Yeah, he's a hyung I know...why?" Taecyeon asked. He knew Hyun Joong and he was close to him, but he wanted to keep wary of him with Soojung.

"Well,..he asked me out."

"What?!" Taecyeon nearly spit out his food. He knew Hyun Joong would do it eventually, he just didn't expect it so soon.

"I just met him today and we talked for about ten minutes then he asked me out..he told me to give him a response soon...and gave me his phone number.."

Taecyeon sighed. He wasn't comfortable with Soojung going out with Hyun Joong hyung but he knew his hyung was nice once you got to know him and if he really liked her then he was bound to be the best guy...

"You know what?" he said, making up his mind, "go on one date. See how it is. He's a nice guy once you get to know him."

"Really? Should I?" Soojung asked. For some reason, as she said that, with her eyes big and earnest, Taecyeon felt his heart leap. He felt a twinge of regret at advising her to go on a date with another guy. He felt protective of her, like Hyun Joong hyun didn't deserve her, even if it was only for one date.

******

"Turn left here," krystal said, giving directions as Taecyeon drove. It was already ten-thirty, they had eaten then they talked and took a stroll in the park. 

"Now what?" Taecyeon asked. They were driving into a dark street, and there was a short building to the side of the street. It was old, and though it wasn't dirty, it wasn't the nicest apartment either. 

"It's here oppa, thanks for the ride," Krystal took her bag and opened the door. He waved as he watched her walk up the stairs and into the building. He decided to wait a bit to make sure she'd gone in safely. He waited a bit but no light in any of the windows. Nervous, he called her. 

"Umm hi oppa," Krystal said uncertainly.

"Hey what's wrong? Your voice sounds funny."

"Oh,..I just got a weird letter at my door."

"Huh? What does it say?"

" 'Letter of Notice: this apartment has been claimed by the Chung-Jin neighbourhood housing claims. It is being removed from the current renter due to the home owner's recent arrest from...; "

Taecyeon listened carefully. 

"Do you have your stuff?" he said finally. 

"..yeah," Krystal said. She didn't seem overly emotional of scared to Taecyeon's surprise. Most girls he knew would burst into tears by this point.

"Get downstairs now."

"Huh? You're still here? Wait.."

"Come down now," Taecyeon said, "you have nowhere to go right now right? You can stay at my house. It's big and we have an extra room. Just stay tonight then you can figure out what to do tomorrow."

".....yeah okay. Thanks," Krystal said. 

In a few minutes, Krystal was downstairs, with a few large bags stuffed with things.

"Apparently they had some ahjummas who live next door to pack my things." she said as she got in the car. Krystal was a little shocked, but she wasn't very angry or sad or depressed or crazy. She felt just a little dull. How could they do this with such short notice? Where would she go?

She sighed as she put her head against the headrest. Taecyeon drove in silence, noticing that Krystal was in no mood to talk.

******

"We're here!" Taecyeon announced. He parked the car in the parking lot and he carried two of her bags for her. Krystal got out of the car.

"Um..oppa, are you sure it's okay for me to stay here? I though you had a roommate?"

"Yeah but he's my best friend. He's like my brother- he'll definitely understand, no worries."

Krystal nodded and she looked around. It was a luxury condo, one of the newest and most expensive in the whole city. It probably cost more than a good-sized house.

The two struggled to the large glass elevator and got up to the seventeenth floor. When they arrived at the door, Taecyeon entered the passcode and they got inside. 

"Yah Ok Taecyeon! Where were you? I thought you were gonna be home by ten!" a voice called from inside. Taecyeon motioned for Krystal to follow him inside. 

"Choi Minho!" Taecyeon called, "I brought a friend! Come say hi!" Footsteps neared them until Taecyeon and Krystal arrived in the living room- and face to face with 'Choi Minho.'

Krystal stared at the tall guy who she'd seen before...snobby girl's boyfriend!

"You!" Krystal and Minho pointed at each other exactly at the same time.

 

 

 

So another chapter is done!!! Hope you guys like it!! I'll start to pick up the pace a bit now that the start of the story is done with :) Please look forward to the winter musical, love triangles, and the times at Minho and Taecyeon's house!! :) Comments, suggestions, and thoughts are always welcome!! SUbscribe~ :)